Why do women make eye contact?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by artistmosi, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Cosmic is a disgruntled ex spouse . Not unlike some one else on this forum that wanted some money from his spouse . Monetary gain will help the one get past it but I am afraid there is no hope for Cosmic except for a big boobed moocher slapping his face with big boobs . More than likely some one for hire professionally

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

At least with a hooker, you know where you stand...or something like that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Wait she's a cook?

And she has eyes??

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Luis A.C.ROMANELLI Don´t forget using mind ! ! ! Registered Senior Member

Not only Women make aye contacts ALSO ANIMALS and that`s because something in ower
    hed tells us that in the eyes is the information of the sence and action ! ! !...Slds.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I am completely not understanding the shopping cart/eye contact connection

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Women only make eye contact if deep down they want to kill you.... good luck....

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

That jerk is a pretty cool guy. I'm sorry that he is gone.

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Making eye contact.
    Doesn't that hurt their eyes?

13. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Or if there's no shopping carts left in the lock-up and they want the one you were just about to return....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

The shopping carts were a tangent.

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Introduced at posts #30 and #31.

An 'eye contact' example that I used in my post and Fraggle's question in response.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Why? I've only stated what I thought was a perfectly honest statement about no one really knows if there's any other person out there on Earth that would be a better match without dating millions of others. How can anyone really know that their mate is the best out there , is it love? :shrug:

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

He thinks of all women as whiny and spoiled though. Or at least he so stated:
    http://sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=1015359&postcount=21

Since that's a negative,value prejudgment on women...and most other people still think of me as one of those...and I did not apppreciate someone implying I might be spoiled (not sure I can argue with whiny), I in turn thought he was a jerk, which is also a prejudicial value judgment.

Tit for tat.

As to why he probably thinks this? women are taught to bond through sharing of problems. To a man, especially one who's been reared in the sort of "suck it up" kind of childrearing style that used to be in fashion...a woman's way of bonding is going to translate to whiny and spoiled.

If the guy is clueless enough to jump to initial conclusions and not to dig deeper. If he never figures out why women act as they do. We have a different socialization process for men and women...and men who fail to understand this are going to constantly end up with "whiny, spoiled" women they "just can't understand." "She never wants to DO anything, just talk, and she complains, but gets mad when I try to fix it for her!" the guy thinks.

BTW... you listen to a woman long enough, you talk to her long enough, engage her long enough...you can probably get in her pants. Most likely.

However...

If devils_reject just hates everyone equally, then I approve.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

My remark was sincere, and made to sound like a challenge in jest. My partner is a very suitable match, and the 'best for me' in that he meets me halfway and allows me to be who I am, which I endeavor to reciprocate.

In retrospect, I rather knew that the girls would pick up on this nuance, yet I hadn't contemplated it from the male perspective, in that it could be a hurtful remark, implying that I somehow judged them to be lacking, though I had met them not.

You made a most valid comment, to which I replied in equal honesty.

You come across as honest in any of the replies you have made to me, Cosmic, and I thank you for the exchanges.

To all the guys who may be reading this, my hubby is the best for putting up with me and we never argue. Whenever tensions arise, on rare occasion to the point of frustration, we both back away from the challenge and return to it as soon as we have both rebalanced our personal energy.

I think the best example was the day I came home and he had reconfigured our shared home computer of the time, my first journey into the realm of the virtual and we had not long been on-line. (He's had computers since they came out, and two other computer programmers in his family).

He had spent considerable time doing this reconfiguration, and when I went to check our e-mail, I couldn't even find the bloody program as I was exhausted from on-going stress at work.

"Where's me e-mail? What have you done? I'm too tired to think.....", were the words I wailed through tears, as I went to bed without even looking for food for myself.

When I got up, he had changed everything back to the way it had been, and made me a nice meal as well. Ever since, he asks me what I'd think about some change that might make things better or easier for both of us.

Of course, we each have our own computers now, lol.... , but we use the same strategy whenever either of us is contemplating a change or thinking of a significant financial purchase etc.

Sorry......this became a novel......Varda will be offended...

...too long and I mentioned night shift.......on dear, oh dear....., lol......

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The eyes can tell a trained individual a lot about a person... or someone who is naturally attenuated to these subtle clues... your entire life story can be read through your eyes. For me, the eyes are the literal gateway to the soul. My eyes are interesting in that their pigmentation changes with my emotional state.

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

21. philomath Registered Member

Eye contact is her signal for you to make the first move.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Are people more likely to back down from someone who has made eye contact? Isn't an aggressor more likely to attack someone who keeps their eyes downcast?

23. philomath Registered Member

Maybe chicks just don't trust him.