Why do we scare more easily when we are younger?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by garbonzo, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Peregrine Registered Member

Fraggle,

Points taken.

I guess I didn't link my own comments together. Genetics produces hormones, neural connectivity, etc.

This produces natural responses to stimuli.

So in fact, I would agree genetics are responsible for the end result of fear. However, the genetics in of itself is not the cause for fear.

Yes, the Carl Jung arguement is apparent here. Though, I do see what you are saying.

I would have to argue that BOTH the genetics and the learned responses each play roles in fear.

(Not talking about archetypes here...) The genetics produces a physical animal/species. The particular species goes through life as the physical nature of the species allows: dolphins can swim, giraffes can eat from high branches, etc

The physical nature of, for example, a giraffe allows it to have a finite number of defense and attack strategies in response to other species of animals. Also, a finite number of physical abilities in its surrounding environment. So, for lions it has a strategy. For hyenas, another. Lets say for massive volcano eruption another strategy.

The LEARNED response is based on its gentic result - its a giraffe.

Furthermore, from fetus until birth animals in a womb are subjected to the mothers hormones and daily actions. I argue this also pre-programs animals.

Now reptilians and other egg based creatures, I would more have to agree with you on genetics. However, egg based animals are much less intelligent.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.