Why Do Theists Lie?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by (Q), Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It's one thing to have faith in your religion, but it's another thing to blatantly lie to make your point. Why not just admit it? Why lie about it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

i think we should stop picking on sandy (Q)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If you believe it, is it a lie?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

orleander, i think he means when they lie about religious texts, hes asking why cant they admit - "i don't know, but i have faith in this nonetheless - why do they try to justify themselves - its almost exactly the opposite of what jesus did

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

all part of the grand delusion and deliberate campaign of dishonesty and lies.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Who said anything about sandy?

Almost every single theist here lies about one thing or another to make their points. I'm wondering why it's so easy for them to lie?

10. Non-Logical-Idea-Guy Fat people can't smile. Registered Senior Member

cause theres no fact in the first place? because they have such a passion? for example would you harbour your wife if she was a murderer or fraudster?

11. abu_afak Banned Banned

Why do Theists Lie and why do they Hide?

To which, S.AM. will not answer, and clearly ducks, after many attempts here http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=73035 and page two http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=1600509#post1600509
    My guess is This Theist is Very Theist; Fundamentalist/Literalist and doesn't want to share that piece of Madrassah.
    Could it be the Moderator of the 'Biology & genetics' section is a Creationist!?!?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  12. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I don't read all the posts here. Can you give an example or explain your question a little further?

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Is it a lie to claim something is "true" based on faith? With no objective and conclusive evidence to support your claim? I think it is. But the religious lie is so ingrained in most people, they don't give it a second thought.

If an insurance company or used car saleman made claims at the same level theists do, they'd be out of business because nobody would believe them except the extremely gullable.

14. VitalOne Banned Banned

ROFL, you're talking about yourself, atheists lie the most out of everyone they try to trick and decieve everyone all the time...

Look at all the atheistic lies and propaganda....

"Everyone's born an athiest"
    "There's a such thing as an agnostic atheist"
    "Stalin wasn't an atheist, its a hoax"
    "Lack of evidence when evidence shouldn't be present indicates non-existence"
    "Flying Spaghetti Monster = God"

Atheists will lie and decieve others and try anything to trick someone into believing their false propaganda

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

This is true. Why do you lie about it?

Maybe. Sounds like semantic trivialities to me, not lying.

Who says that? Was he? I don't know or give a crap.

Huh? What kind of a ststement is that? In what situation other than the self-supporting delusion of religion does that ever occurr? Of course there's no possible evidence for god. Why? There is no god. I can't prove that, but that just leaves it on the same footing as the FSM. Oh, wait...

As good as any god ever proposed. I.e. as useless a concept.

Which encompasses all of the above I suppose? None of which is a lie, just simple factual observations?

You lose VO.

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

No it's not, you delusional liar

Last time I checked, everyone's born neither believing nor disbelieving in God at birth

Checkmate!!

No it's lying done in order to preserve the atheistic faith, you can't be both at the same time

Yes he was an atheist, but atheists can't handle that, so they pretend it's not true

Thanks for the re-confirmation, you delusiona liar

You used another lie to justify a lie, the fact that something is unverifiable doesn't indicate that it's false, for instance the existence of quarks was unverifiable for the majority of human history, using your delusional atheistic propaganda you would've said "well no one can gather evidence, there's no shred of evidence, no one can prove quarks exist, so that means quarks must not exist"

ROFL

Yet another delusional lie, can you tell me why you enjoy lieing for? Oh wait, that's right you're an atheist

Two different things with innumerably different attributes, characteristics, properties, etc...are NOT EQUAL you deluded atheist

No all are lies, atheists enjoy lieing, its great to delude someone into believing your false propaganda

Checkmate

17. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

In order for this thread to remain open, perhaps you might care to give examples. The premise is a hasty generalization without specific examples since it can easily be said that all people lie to make points, thus this is a feature of humanity rather than theocracy.

18. VitalOne Banned Banned

My "Why are atheists fools?" thread had examples but you had to lock it due to your great atheistic faith

Your bias is wide open NAKED

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Forget it, I'll save you the trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.