Why do racists have low IQs?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Surprise, poor people steal stuff. What a moron.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

This is hilarious

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

20+. I don't know if it's a universal measure; however, I have yet to see an exception.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So what? Poor people should be permitted to steal, but wealthy people can't? Is that what you're saying?

Or are you, like all the liberal, mamby-pamby, doo-gooders, making excuses for them? ....like y'all continually do, giving them even more moral support for their crimes.

Baron Max

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Then we should all bow to your higher form of measure ....but be careful, scientists and sociologists will soon be flocking to your door for more of your intelligent, scientific knowledge and data.

Baron Max

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

:bugeye:

White lady moves from her ivory tower to the hood and is surprised that there are poor people there and life sucks. Imagine if you had to grow up there!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  10. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

"Higher form of measure"? Its called observation and your sarcastic response seems a little defensive. Do you think that other races should be hated? If so, what criteria do you use for hating them (if any)?

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Duh....people who are different

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

That would include wives, children, and parents for example.

13. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

So? Someone whose IQ was 150 to begin with, becomes racist, and ends up with 130, is still above-average intelligent, but less than he used to be.

14. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

That's not exactly what I said. There's an also there -
    I will venture to hypothesize that lower IQ is also a consequence of a racist mindset.
    Simply put, being hateful and spiteful, makes dumb.

We could also use already existing data for the long-term and short-term effects of anger, hostility, anxiety on IQ.

Introducing EQ (the Emotional Quotient) into the issue could also prove useful. The study posted by the OP was done long before intense research on EQ, so it doesn't take this into account.
    EQ could be a more deciding factor for developing a racist mindset than IQ.

15. mountainhare Banned Banned

S.A.M still has to post the measurements of random error for those graphs. Otherwise, how can we determine the significance of the difference between the two groups? She has yet to post a link to the methodology used for those experiments, too. How was 'racism' quantified?

Although ironically, even if the difference between the groups is significantly different, you're still significantly better off being a white racist than a black in regards to IQ (assuming that blacks do indeed systematically have a lower IQ than non-blacks). Go figure.

greenberg:
    Interesting theory. Henry Ford? Benjamin Franklin? Charles Darwin? Abraham Lincoln? George Washington? Or essentially any American or European scientist/doctor in the 17th, 18th and 19th century?

16. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

^See post 110.

17. mountainhare Banned Banned

So if Hawking becomes a racist, his IQ will drop by 30 points? Huh?

I have a better explaination for the lower IQ (if it is statistically significant). Whites of lower IQ come from lower socioeconomies. Hence they are more likely to live alongside blacks. This exposure to black thuggery, crime and violence turns them into racists.

18. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

It might happen, but I don't think it will - Hawking strikes as much too emotionally balanced to fall for racism.

I had a few professors at college who were pretty racist. In a country where most people are Caucasian, and at a college where there was not even one black student, but a couple of Arabs and a few that were descendants of Gypsies.
    Personally, I would describe those teachers as emotionally unstable, unless their weird antics were part of the postmodernist point they were trying to make, or whatever.

This is of course ancedotal evidence and as such doesn't count, nor am I basing my reasoning on it.
    However, I do hypothesize that once a person takes on a racist mindset, this negatively affects their overall ability of critical reasoning.

19. mountainhare Banned Banned

I still don't see how racist viewpoints affect your ability to tell which shape goes where. It sounds like you're grasping at straws, IMHO.

20. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

Take an IQ test when you're calm and rested.

Then take the test again, but when you're upset and angry.

See how well you'll do.

21. mountainhare Banned Banned

So racists are permanently upset and angry? I don't agree. Still, I wouldn't deny you funding for research into your hypothesis.

22. abu_afak Banned Banned

Actually, India has some of the poorest people and places on the Planet.. the vast, vast, majority until recently.

YET Indian (and other Asian IQ as in similarly poor China) IQ is significantly Higher than African/Black IQ of identical low income, and even higher than White IQ, despite the Whites having a Huge socio-economic advantage.

hmmmmmmm

23. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

That must be the "Flynn Effect". All those guys were retards. My guess is that anyone that can't see a pattern of black and crime and black and low intelligence probably suffers from low IQ as the ability to discern patterns in one major component of intelligence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.