Why do racists have low IQs?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Nice post SAM as it turns the racist argument on its head.
    I'm surprised that the racist IQ is so close to the standard IQ.

Personally, in terms of evolution, I don't think that intelligence
    above the level required for survival is of importance
    Nature does not seem to select generally for increased intelligence.
    It's just one part of the mix.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm quite right; it would appear that between the high infant mortality of the poor and undernourished (and uneducated) and the self imposed contraception and low birth rates of the well nourished and educated, over time, the perceived differences in IQ will be eliminated.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What a fuckin' joke!!

Do you actually live in a world of flowers and roses and wonderous fantasies, Sam? Oops, wait, that can't be possible ....you live in India where the poverty and starvation is among the worst in the world. Is it possible that you have such a low intelligence that you can't see it?

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sniffy Banned Banned

If a high 'IQ' was so important to the survival of the human species.....

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, what can you say about all of the other animals who've survived? Why limit that comment to only humans?

Gorillas have survived a lot longer than humans. Does that make them smarter?

And cockroaches have survived longer, and in all kinds of harsh environments, they must be some of the most intelligent of all animals on Earth.

Baron Max

9. sniffy Banned Banned

Precisely my point, oh Baron!
    So why all the fuss about IQ? Whatever it is....

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

cockroaches! musn't forget cockroaches! They can survive a nuclear fallout.

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It makes them smarter gorillas.
    All IQ tests do is test people on problems which confront modern humans.
    Why, for example, do IQ tests not cover reaction speeds and athletic ablility?
    These are a product of an active healthy brain, but they are ignored .
    Why?

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, that's easy. We're trying to figure out why the sub-sharan Africans hadn't invented space flight and nuclear defense weapons prior to the Europeans sailing down there and makin' slaves outta' them all. I mean, the Africans had millions of years of headstart, but didn't even have M-16s to protect themselves. How dumb is that?

Baron Max

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Millions of years? Where did you read that?

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Okay, 600,000 years .....as if that makes a fuckin' bit o' difference!

Baron Max

15. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

To go back to the original question. Why do racists have lower IQs?
    Part of the reason is marketing. Racism is not a random or natural event. Certain people are targeted and seen as potential 'customers' for racism. What you want is people who are upset about their lives AND are willing to blame someone AND are not going to look to critically at the 'marketing materials'. And if they do look critically, they have trouble seeing the flaws. Also the target group will not have the courage, intelligence and means to find out on their own what the real sources of their problems are.

I have no idea if IQ tests measure intelligence or which of the various kinds of intelligence they do measure if they are accurate in some way. I am not convinced that racists are stupid because of SAMs chart. I am convinced they are stupid because they have allowed themselves to experience the world as manipulated. And because they don't have the self-insight to realize why they need to or get off on hating particular groups, looking down on them or feelings somehow special.

I am not theorizing. I am talking about my experience in talking to racists, who have incredibly little psychological self-insight, and listening to their theories.

16. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

And the answer is post #20.

17. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Education and intelligence are two separate things. Many white people send their kids to private school just so their kids don't have to go to public school Third World hellholes. In fact, most rich liberals send their kids to nearly all white schools.

18. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

You would think all I do is cut and paste from your statements. I don't. But if I can reply and save myself a lot of time and typing I will.

19. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Simple. If both your parents are "educated" they are probably both intelligent, you grew up "rich" and have the genes of intelligent parents. You probably will grow up to be intelligent and educated as well which means you won't be living in Third World hellhole areas and listening to black people say "<deleted hate speech>".

If both your parents are not "educated" the opposite is probably true.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
  20. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

When your drunk or your brain as "atrophied", you are more likely to say what you really think as opposed to what is politically correct.

21. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

That is a polemic that fallaciously only addresses the racists who 'demonstrate' in rallies and the like, rather than all racists, like Leonardo, Jefferson, and Watson, and many modern ones who prefer to keep it concealed for social purposes. I would think naturally one would find lower-than-average intelligence amongst those who regularly participate in rallies, regardless of the cause demonstrated for/against. It's the sort of mindless group activity (like attending church, political pep talks, or sports games) that tends to attract bleating sheep.

22. sniffy Banned Banned

Concealed for social purposes, eh? If that doesn't just take the cowardly two-faced biscuit. The stupid reveal their bias and the intelligent just keep it a secret because, well it might just jeopordise their funding? How very social of them!

23. Atom Registered Senior Member

Yeah but I think you have to be really careful about who are the real racists.

I think people like Hitchens, Amis and Dawkins who dress their views up in fancy clothes are far more racist than old Mrs. Bloggs up the road who complains about the new Hindu neighbours.

The very fact that they are old and stuck in their ways comes across as bigoted and 'possibly' racist because for example..asians and indeed MOST foreigners are less concerned about gardening than old British folk so they start complaining in the same way that they would if a bunch of hippies moved in next door or a young couple playing loud music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.