Why do racists have low IQs?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by S.A.M., Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Did you copy paste that all by yourself? im sooo proud of you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Is that the best you can do to refute it? I'm so embarassed for you.

And why the fuck and I going to take the time to type out something to the same effect when I can cut and paste something that is well written?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I come from a multi ethnic family, and have lived with "darker denziens" my whole life. I see no discernable difference other than how we look. I see no reason for racism as it does nothing to forward our society, if you hate someone jsut because they have a different skin color then you I would venture a guess that maybe you are not using the full reasoning power of your brain, or that you lack the ability to do so. =p

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. abu_afak Banned Banned

I'd also like an answer.

How is it one can believe the very subjective term 'racists' have a Thin 4 point lower IQ, but Not believe the much more extensively tested and much Larger difference between People who more obviously belong to a Racial group.
    Call me crazy, but I think it's easier to tell Blacks from Japanese (and a 20-30 pt IQ gap) than it is to tell the difference between whose a racist and whose not. (ie Watson v another scientist)

8. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

I don't hate non-whites, I just prefer my own people. Just becaue I love my children more than other people's children doesn't mean I hate everyone else's children.

Then again, unpleasant experiences with "minorities" tend to temporarily influence my opinion of them.

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I think everyone here believes that black people in the US score lower on IQ tests than whites do, on average.

The question is why.

So SAM's question is fair: why do people who score higher on measures of racial bigotry score lower on IQ tests, on average?

10. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I have had plenty of bad experiences with all types of people, they are called assholes and they come in every color. Its when you equate someone being an asshole to the color of their skin that you begin to show ignorance.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

12. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

When you notice the "asshole" quotient is way higher with certain races you overcome ignorance in believing all races are equal.

13. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

14. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Yeah, it would be better if the whole forum was simply a collage of what people other than us said. I tried to convince my professor this about the papers I handed in and my girlfriend when she found out everything I said to her I'd copied from a variety of poets, but they were too stupid to 'get it'.

15. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

16. abu_afak Banned Banned

I think Sam's premise is completely flimsy and 'up to 4 points' is just about statistically insignificant- especially in that 'racist' AS I SAID, is a subjective term.
    Her premise is also Wrong/Accusatory; in that, just because you believe in differences in IQ doesn't make you a 'racist'.

ie. I don't think we have to worry about Watson's IQ; that's the 'racist' opinion that spawned this string.

the 'Why' IS genetic.

Tiny portion of one of my previous posts:
    http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=1604792#post1604792

Reply welcome, but difficult.
    That's why, in fact, this string was started. Frustration.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  17. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Maybe we should never cut and paste anything, never give links, never post pictures or cartoons and never provide evidence of anything we assert. What a whiner. Maybe SAM should have created her own bell curve graph for the OP.

18. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

The environment does play a role in the IQ of children but this enviornmental effect disappears by adulthood. The transracial adopton studies are the best evidence of the genetic basis of IQ as blacks raised in middle and upper income white homes will have high correlation of IQ with their biological parents and zero with their adoptive ones. This actually goes for adoptions which aren't transracial as well.

19. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Then man are rich and middle class wasting a lot of money on private schools.

20. mountainhare Banned Banned

I'm still waiting for you to quantify the standard error in the stats you posted, S.A.M. Or doesn't random error occur for sample statistics that conform to a normal distribution?

Edit: In fact, I'd love to see the scientific article regarding that graph.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  21. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

It is clear that any of your posts could be replaced by something more effective. You made the general rule about when it is better to cut and paste. I never said never. You made a case for always. And a good one in your case.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Just think about it, though ....most of those who CLAIM to be non-racist are really "closet racists", ones who are racist but lie about it to be politically correct.

How many people do you know that would walk around admitting to the world that they were racist? And would they admit it for this test??

Baron Max

23. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.