Why do people resent the wealthy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Norsefire, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Quit generalizing, first of all. There are different kinds of wealthy people. I know quite a few wealthy people who are normal, friendly people.

Secondly, if they do want to lobby...well, too bad! That's what we should tell them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

What do we do about the smart wealthy people that have a pathological need to make more money than any person could ever use?

The only honest, long lasting solution I can see is for people to start uniting and voting with their money in focused effort. We have all the infrastructure necessary for this with the internet as omnipresent as it is but we haven't, as a whole, made the necessary leap of awareness that would bring about this union - and no this has nothing to do with communism.

The rich people have a huge leg-up in this because of the control they have over media and television in general. Fox News KNOWS how to hypnotize people into buying certain things and voting a certain way and acting certain ways and demonizing certain things. If a community could be formed that focuses people's actions to avoid certain unethical and/or gluttonous corporations and over time reach a tipping point of influence - we could control the economy JUST LIKE what the rich greedy fucks are doing to us now. The power is in the masses - control the masses and you control the power.

It's so simple but everyone I talk to about this thinks its impossible. But how could it be? It's happening as we speak - only its in the interest of the few.

Can someone explain to me why this wouldn't work?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Doreen Valued Senior Member

You can be nice and not care about limited government. Even normal, whatever that is.

My telling them is less powerful than their telling government. So far at least.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.