Why do people believe in god?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by LuckAse, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Smellsniffsniff Gravitomagnetism Heats the Sun Registered Senior Member

No, I'm serious. Besides a god of the real dimension cannot blow up. So I'm safe to live on earth. I am the factor 1, and it does not do anything special but twist reality the way it wants it. I'm not a black hole, I don't suck things in: You are safe with me. Now seriously, how many infinities take how many infinities? God cannot chue more then one infinity per infinity, is there something with that you don't understand?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

wow dude, your mind is mixed around,
    okay, that's your PO, anyway,
    so, you don't have to prove to me, or to make me think, that God don't exists,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

good luck with your safety

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Smellsniffsniff Gravitomagnetism Heats the Sun Registered Senior Member

What about it? Where are the real things gonna be if not here;

Look up! far up: That is a long distance. If a human can't move up there... Then a god definitely can't.

Besides: If there is a sound in a wood without reality, who hears it? Ain't reality supposed to be everywhere in space, does not all wanna be for real?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

okay... now i'm worried on your mind health,
    good luck dude

and let's just stop talking about this,
    you win ok? are you happy?
    goshh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BlueRidge Registered Senior Member

I'm torn between laughing about this or actually answering it.

9. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Mainly because people are told there is a god when they are too young to think independently or critically. Children will believe anything you tell them.

Also, we have a natural inclination to ascribe agency to things. If something bad happens and we don't know why, we automatically assume that some kind of intelligent being is doing it. Think about how we personify objects like our cars and computers as if they are intelligent things. It probably comes from the fact that we're a hopelessly social species. We automatically assume things are alive and have intentions and it's only with our higher faculties that we realize, Well, no, it's not a person, it's a stupid computer or rock, or tree, or whatever it is. So when something happens to you, there's obviously some great celestial being doing it.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Some people believe because they want to, some because it makes sense to them, and some because god has rocked their world to the point where they would have to be completely insane not to.

11. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

and why not to beleive in god,

well, i beleive in god, cause i go, (i dont mean by god jesus, i mean who created everything)

12. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

First of all, it's spelled believe. Second... what? You believe because you go? What does that even mean? I mean, I guess I go also. I go to pee, I go to watch a movie, I go to Arizona. We all go. So what? What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

13. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

lol
    ?
    i just said i beleive in god cause it make sense to me

14. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

G-d just makes no sense.

In judaism I find it makes slightly more sense and I will explain why later

G-d loves us right?

So why make an eternal pit of fire and damnation if, "he loves us"?

G-d is perfect right? That means he created the stars perfect, the world perfect, the animals perfect. So how in the world did he manage to screw up human beings?

Human beings kill, rape, steal, lie, and cheat. Yah we can think, but that does a pretty sad job of offsetting those.

If you have children would you create a place where they will burn in pain for all time? Your a pretty messed up parent if you say yes.

The reason judaism makes slightly more sense is that there is no hell. But even than G-d makes no sense whatsoever.

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

um...you just answered your own question here.

16. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Saying it or believing it? It makes more sense to say it only if not saying it will get keep you from being outcast or even worse, killed outright. Believing it makes sense if you don't really know for sure.

17. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Why do people believe in god? I think they do it just to piss off atheists.

18. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

I'm okay if they just want to believe, it's all the other unnecessary bullshit that accompanies it.

19. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Why is it everytime you say you "believe in god" have to qualify it by saying you don't mean "jesus?" You've already said you were Muslim, so there's no point (i.e. it's redundant) that you keep reminding everyone you don't mean "jesus." I don't believe jesus is god either, but I'm not a christian. You are Muslim, so you don't need to even mention "jesus's" name, since you don't believe.

I'm just trying to help you out here.

20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: I'm an atheist, but I don't think people who believe in god do it just to piss us off. I don't take it personally. They are delusional. If they only knew how most of the world sees them. Anyhow, christianity is dying worldwide. When it does, that will make three less gods in the dying demigod savior pool. Only a million to go.

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: You believe in god, because you were indoctrinated to do so. You were born atheist, and your parents (or whoever reared you) made you believe in Allah. Therefore, you still believe in Allah, because you're afraid to think for yourself. It makes sense to you to believe in god, because that's all you've ever known. You are a follower not a free-thinker. You believe in a god who is not there.

22. soullust Registered Senior Member

people beleive in god because it is safer to have faith, then not to have faith.

i mean who is there to say there is no god, can you prove there is no god ?

id rather take my chances, and have faith, it doesn't cost nothing, it doesn't hurt me?

and if there is a god id rather be on his side after death.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: That's a rather childish answer. How do you know it is safer to have faith, than (yes, it's spelled t-h-a-n, not then) not to have faith. I don't see where having faith is any safer than not having faith. I have faith the the sun will come up tomorrow. I have faith that I will pay taxes this year. I have lots of faith in lots of things, but a god is not one of them.

When you prove to me there is a god, then I will prove to you there isn't. Since there is no evidence of any god, there's not much to go with to prove a god really isn't there. You have faith that there is a god. I have faith that there isn't.

You believe having faith doesn't cost anything, but are you sure?

DerrekJ gave this answer to that question on Yahoo! Answers:

"Christianity IS a mental illness much like paranoid schizophrenia. Those afflicted hear voices, believe, speak, and try to communicate with people who aren't there, believe they are being watched and are detached from reality."

I agree.