Why do most people find science boring?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Magical Realist, Oct 19, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

As per your own viscous attacks on science, the scientific method and peer review? As per your own support, thoughts and beliefs in such nonsensical unscientific claims as Bigfoot, Anal probing aliens, ghosts, goblins and giants?

Most present scientific theories all start as a process of thinking outside the box, then progress to accepted scientific theories as evidence is gathered and observations made to support those same theories.
    Others end up in the cesspool just as they should when showed to be unsupported, contrived or just plain invalidated.

Write4U likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

How does your character assassination of me seem to be a good idea, by you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

What have I said that is untrue?
    You have attacked on here the scientific method. Yes?
    You have on here supported Electric/Plasma hypothesis after lack of evidence sees it as now discarded. yes?
    You have supported UFO sightings as being from Alien culture. yes?
    You have supported the probable existence of Bigfoot and giants and ghosts. Yes?
    So in effect all I'm doing is stating things as they are, so any young person venturing here, are able to gauge the extent of your credibility, or lack thereof.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

But why any of this provoke a charactor assassination ?

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

All I'm doing is stating things as they are, so any young person venturing here, are able to gauge the extent of your credibility, or lack thereof.

9. river

Based on your perceptions.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not at all. Based on your own words, from your own mouth, and in every opportunity you think you may have to try and discredit legitimate science.

11. river

What is legitimate science to you?

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

riv, as I mentioned in the UFO thread, I'm not interested in your usual predictable one liners and trolling.
    You know what legitimate science is as well as I do.

13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I can well understand the impatience by some learned fellows, for having to answer the same question ( in different disguise) over and over again. To a scientist, those questions are undoubtedly boring and I can well underdstand, that at some point a person who persists in woo, in spite of clarification, will be become an object of ridicule.

But I also believe, it is common courtesy to listen (and "understand" poorly posed questions) from a first time "questioner", before judging the merits of his/her proposition. Only then can a coheret answer be offered.

But in view of the OP title, why would anyone be surprised that "people" (the subject of the OP) are trying to make a contribution to the conversation. This should not be discouraged with immediate dismissal accompanied by insult, because that would prove the point of the OP question, IMO.

As layman, I have had some very informative discussions with academics. I always came away with the feeling that my knowledge had expanded, which gave me incentive to delve deeper.

14. Write4U Valued Senior Member

BTW. MindSearch, are you aware that you avatar represents the fractal function of the unverse.
    I believe fractality is a key component in universal ability to "communicate information", from Planck scale to a simple Daisy, to your picture of lightning.

You may want to familiarize yourself with that concept as it may pertain to your vision of "inherent universal intelligence" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_dynamical_triangulation

p.s. the neural network in the brain is a fractal, as is your entire body.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015