Why do most people find science boring?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Magical Realist, Oct 19, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So says our second in charge to claims of conspiracies, Bigfoot, beliefs in giants, ghosts, goblins, UFOs and Alien anal probing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Wow!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

While you remain oblivious, as always.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Its becoming overwhelming to your mind isn't pad?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Actually just the opposite.
    The claims by certain nuts of ghosts, goblins, Bigfoot, anal probing Aliens, and other general conspiracies of outrageous proportions, are a total amusing issue for me. Always good for a laugh.

8. river

Yet you have investigated none of the above topics at all.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm into science in my small way...I ignore non scientific bullshit and fairy tales and the gullible fools that push them.

10. river

No your not into science. Your into what others tell you is science.

11. brucep Valued Senior Member

We don't need to use fractals to understand the geometry of the universe. It's just basic Euclidean geometry. It's either open, closed, or flat. A good place to investigate your query is at the WMAP experiment site. You can find a discussion at every level of scholarship. Writings that are designed for beginners to the scientific literature acquired during the experiment. There is no fractal nature to spacetime. It has a specific geometry according to the theoretical model which it is derived from. We have measurements associated with the local near earth spacetime. Measurements predicted by GR and confirmed during the Gravity Probe B experiment. The term spacetime was coined to refer to a specific geometry associated with Einstein's theory of gravity. There seems to be a common misconception that spacetime is expanding. Space is expanding. Spacetime is local phenomena whose geometry is determined by matter.The components which make up the stress energy tensor in GR speak.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    krash661 and paddoboy like this.
  12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

All intelligent scientists need to stand on the shoulders of the giants before them, and all do. Another fact I'm rather proud of. What pisses you off, is people on this forum can easily discertain your gullibility in all things super natural, weird, and unscientific.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I have actually learnt something from that bruce. Thanks.

krash661 likes this.
  14. river

What is puzzling is that you keep going about these " shoulders of giants in science " most of know this pad. We do know this. But we also that theories are changed and disgarded.

You are frozen in the past thinking.

15. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

That's pretty much the whole point of the "standing on the shoulders of giants" thing.

If we weren't, we'd still be using those old and outdated theories.

krash661 likes this.
  16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Not at all river ol chap.
    I recognise and am able to sort the wheat from the chaff... and recognise fools when I see them.

17. river

How do you do this , " am able to sort the wheat from the chaff ". Based on what parameters?

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You don't need to be a farmer to recognise bulls**t.

Kristoffer, krash661 and brucep like this.
  19. river

Applied to this post.

20. brucep Valued Senior Member

Schmelzer has his own style of word salad. Understanding some stuff means he would have to give up the ghost.

krash661 likes this.
  21. river

Meaning you don't understand what he is saying?

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your stupidity and trolling for a start makes it incredibly easy.

krash661 likes this.
  23. brucep Valued Senior Member

It's not a small way in my estimation. Seems like you enjoy learning. At some level this stuff can be very specific and scholarship intensive. Which makes the job much harder for the layman [for want of a better term]. I think you've learned a lot since I've been reading your posts. Cranks have no interest in learning anything that disagrees with their confused world view.

krash661, Daecon and paddoboy like this.