Why do males shot other males?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by alexb123, Sep 29, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Any ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Shooting a white person is more likely to get a harsher punishment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Because they were there?

No seriously, the thing is that most black person murders are gang related, and there seems to be a proliferation of black gangsters involved in drug dealing and vice with turf to be protected and respect to be maintained, therefore it's reasonable to assume that the murderer and the murderee are both bound to be black.

By the same token, there was once a time when Italians were killing Italians and for exactly the same reasons, at least in general terms if not specifics. The Italian mafia has now outgrown the streets and runs the government, hence their 'turf wars' tend to be more spectacular and involve killing foreigners.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

1 second ago?

8. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Alex, if you want this thread to mean anything, I'd recommend editing your first post to elaborate and set the tone and frame of reference you'd like this thread to follow.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Muthafuka had it coming.

10. Satyr Banned Banned

I’m thinking it’s because of the same thing which makes them spell ‘shoot’ - ‘shot’.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Most black males are closer to other black males than to anyone else ....and handguns aren't too accurate at the distance that most non-black males get to black males with handguns!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

12. Roman Banned Banned

Hah.
    That's a pretty damn good explanation.

13. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

What kinda stupid question is this?

Why do people shoot people? Because they hate each other? Because they have to defend themselves from bad people? You know damn well why people shoot each other.

14. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

These street gangs, are just illegal businesses. Most organized criminals, including black, they don't operate on the streets owning turf, and carrying guns, they run businesses, legit and illegit, and sometimes crime families work and cooperate with each other.

It's not a simple matter of just, one race having a gang, now it's crime families and global networks, and it's like this generally in the business world. I just think the gun violence, this happens because young kids usually get guns and shoot people with them, very much like what happens in a school shooting. Gang related shooting happen, I just think, that in 2006, drug dealing seriously is not the only criminal enterprise. Most of the time, criminals try to avoid shootings, or violence because it's bad for business. Most of the time, the big boss sets the laws and usually this means no targetting civilians, and it's for good reason. The mafia follows this, actually just about all the mafias follow this, their main concern is making money, not killing people.

So if we ask why people shoot each other, or why black people in specific do it, they shoot each other because they want to. Just like asking why people have wars, I mean they usually have some complicated business reasons for doing it, maybe it's what they have to do, but it's impossible to ever answer something like this without actually being a gang member, or soldier, or something like this.

Drug dealers, the smart ones, they don't sell drugs on a street corner, in the way that you describe so most shootings aren't drug related. Gangs used to have turf, this was during the 80s, and early 90s, it's 2006 now so the gangs have a different definition of turf, but it still exists. They controls certain industries now, so certain drugs, certain criminal rings, and yes they can bribe police and politicians, and yes they can control entire cities, but it's been this way since Al Capone, and black people did not invent organized crime, most black gangs were designed after Italian mafia movies that people saw on TV. Now it's something entirely different, a mafia of it's own, and unless you are an investigator for the FBI, I'd stay out of it and not get involved as to the inner workings, because some things it's best to let the professionals figure out.

If you want to know the true reason why people shoot each other, fear and hate, it's always one or the other, or a combination of both. Fear of losing money and power, will cause a power struggle between groups.

15. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

What most people don't seem to understand is, black people fear the black gangster just as much as white people fear the black gangster. People seem to think, that all black people get along with, or support their local gangsters, it's never like that. (This is why we need to support community policing)

It's not like that for any group. Gangsters basically take over the community and support themselves by selling drugs, guns, and other harmful substances to the community. Now this can change, as some gangsters have moved out of drugs and guns, and go legit, or at least sell things that arent drugs and guns. It totally depends on the town.

The whole problem with gun control is, if you remove the guns, what happens then is that it creates demand for guns in the citizen community, and trust me, it will make gangsters who were legit selling harmless stuff, go and sell guns because this is about money, and gangs just like everyone and everything else, operate on profit and money. What you don't want to happen is for gangsters to sell guns to citizens, this makes community policing almost impossible. The community then depends on gangsters to protect them and sell them their guns, and this relationship can easily change, eventually the gangsters can be like mini armies of their own, and the citizens hostages, who basically pay the gangsters to protect them, next thing you know the gangsters call it a tax. We have seen all of this before, back in the 1920s, so we know what happens, we know exactly what happens.

16. volpeculus sagacis Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodies Registered Senior Member

Probably because there are criminals and victims in every race.

17. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

How profound.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sure, but if you're keeping score, it seems apparent that blacks do more of the killing, and blacks also seem to be the most victims. So what the orginal poster was asking is, actually, a very legitimate question. Glossing over the question and the facts with a non-race comment isn't going to help anyone.

Baron Max

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

To me, it's not unlike the terrorists in the Middle East ....the people in the area, in the neighborhood, in the community, put up with or allow the gangsters to roam free in their community. That simply should NOT happen in any neighborhood!

It's interesting, don't you think, that we seldom, if ever, hear of white gang members harrassing or openly gathering in white neighborhoods? Why is that? Perhaps we should examine such things instead of trying to quell a discussion by raising the racist flags?

There are areas of some cities where the police simply won't go without major backup and/or SWAT teams for safety! So how do you get that police support of which you mention?

And don't forget ....whenever the police do go into some of those areas, the black community screams "racism!" and the police have to back down.

Baron Max

20. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I don't know about that. I don't see a lot of black serial killers. I see it as criminals and victims. I think thats basically how the world is, and I don't think blacks do most of the killing, blacks do certain types of killing but not on a mass scale, no wars or anything of this sort.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I think community policing in general, is a good way to protect a community. The reason it does not work a lot of the time is because we dont' really spend much money on it. If we spent billions on it, or hundreds of millions, you could have crime free zones. The community can police itself, and when it can't then you can send the police in, and these police should in general come from the communities they are trying to represent.

Do you want cops to be imported from places unknown to protect you? Do you feel safe around cops you did not grow up with and don't know their character?

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ignoring valid data and statistics does no good toward ending racism. If we can't face up to the facts, to the realities of the facts, then we have virtually no chance of overcoming racism.

Blacks make up only about 12% of the USA population, but they commit a much greater percentage of the violent crime. You can't wish that away. We have to face the facts or we're fucked.

Baron Max

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yes, I do! And I think most white folks do, too.

But blacks don't seem to trust any fuckin' cops ...black, white or orange! and they also yell "racism" whenever a cop arrests a black.

Baron Max