Why Do Intellectuals Oppose Capitalism?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by kmguru, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Did they say "because we hate capitalism?" I can think of a lot of perfectly good reasons not to get involved in your friend's scheme.

Number one is "Prestige" don't pay the bills. Bringing microcredit to Africans may be laudable, but who wants their tuition raised to do it. Also, isn't the University a state institution? There may well be limits on their ability to give money to non-educational activities. While they might structure this as an educational program, thwy'd need facturly and administration oversight, at a minimum (actually they probably need tight oversight even if it['s *not* being used for academnic credit, to make sure it's not a scam.) Speaking of scams, what percentage of the aid to africa goes to the people of Africa, as opposed to criminal warlords. Last I heard, not that much. What is your friend's plan to overcoming this problem, when the recognized NGOs have failed?

One incident of someone saying "no" to something isn't really evidence of bias.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

When people do not hire blacks, they find all types of reasons not to except "because I hate blacks". It is difficult to prove prejudices and it is there.

All my friend was asking is to support education. OSU has African programs. That is what I suggested him to do. The University which wants to improve foreign enrollment does not want to get involved in foreign countries - that is dumb. That is all. And it does not sound like Capitalism.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.