Why do ghosts wear human clothes?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It's a rhetorical question.

Of course you don't.

Because, despite your claim, you instinctively know not to trust complete strangers when you don't know what their motives are.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That door swings both ways. And you kicked it open very early on the the thread, and have kept it open. You have no complaint now.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm not going to pursue this sidebar further.

The actual behavior at-hand in the core issue off thread is far more interesting.

But seriously, don't put words in other people's mouths.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..I know people with an agenda to take money from strangers need to be checked out. That's a compelling reason to doubt their veracity.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I didn't insult Kitt here. He insulted me. And always does. But see, you wouldn't know that. Because it's not your business.

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well, you guess what their motives are.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You know what a public forum is, right? Move on.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I know they're trying to make money off me. That's not a guess.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You have no idea of my history with this troll. So stick to what you know. It will make you look less a fool here.

13. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Your history is off-topic to this thread. Please stay on-topic.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Then don't tell me how to handle a known troll. It's none of your business. Got it? Unless ofcourse YOUR trolling now..

15. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

It's funny how they're only a troll when they have good reason for not trusting your judgement.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I see you are continuing both
    a] your belief that a public forum is somehow private, and
    b] that you have any business trying to moderate discussion in it.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

A troll is a troll. Argue your point without insulting the poster. It's very easy. Evidently not for everyone though..

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's very simple. Don't presume to speak for other people. And don't defend a poster insulting another poster. Unless you want to be ignored.

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

We have a fundamental break here, in the course of the thread.

It has become clear that the issue is about the use of the term compelling.

Simply put, your stance is that reading an article or watching a video where someone claims something falls well within your definition of compelling.

The examples you list are, by virtually anyone else's standards not compelling.

The original article you linked to said virtually nothing of your repeated assertions of 3D full figure, moving human forms, without distraction or interference passing right in front of a witness. It is indeed quite sparse, not to mention the fact that we have zero access to its source. It is not first-hand, we don't even know if it's second-hand. We know virtually nothing about the actual incident.

Subsequent articles referenced animals.

When asked for your evidence of 3D full figure, moving human forms, without distraction or interference passing right in front of a witness, you said "I already have."

You had not. When pressed to refer to these articles had supposedly "already" posted, you posted some new articles. That's a bait & switch.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

*sigh*

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No insults at all. I was really concerned about your malfunctioning brain. Have you been checked out yet?

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What I'm really interested in is why you would freely admit that you believe things by default and only question them if -

well, never. you'd been presented with a preponderance of evidence that - especially when it comes to the extraordinary - people get stuff wrong. They embellish, they mis-remember, they over-interpret, they omit. You are blind to it all.

I would hazard to say that there is absolutely nothing that would convince you to be skeptical of an account of an apparition.

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well there we have it. You have opened the door and continue to hold it open. No more complaining now, y'hear?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.