Why do French people suck so much?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by w1z4rd, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The same thing is going on in Belgium by the way.
    Only there it's French against Dutch.
    Some time ago the Walloon Region actually almost split off to form a separate country.
    They only didn't because they would have been fucked economically.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LeotheLion Registered Senior Member

I was in Paris last week & they were all lovely, the waiters were a little surly but I'd be surly too if I had to do their job.
    I think it's just as much the visitors responsibility to learn a little of the language & culture before just assuming everyone there speaks English (even though most of them do).

I've encountered some French people over the years that I would consider to be c*nts but I don't really think it was because they were French... they were just c*nts. As with any nationality, some people are just c*nts!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think nowadays we can expect people to be able to speak English, especially those that come in contact with tourists regularly.

I'm Dutch and I make the effort to speak English in France so that they can understand me. They can do they same in my country.. ONLY THEY DON'T. They expect us to speak French !

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I remember when I was in Holland. Everybody spoke English and had no issue with me just walking up and speaking it to them. When I first got there I would always say "Spreek U engels?" And people would almost be offended! One person looked me in the eye, hesitated for a minute and said "Yes, do you?" After that, I stopped asking people if they spoke it.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol yep

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Try that with the French

9. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

No thanks

My friend from Groningnen made the same complaints about Germans too. That they expect everyone to speak German in and out of their country.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea they do it too but the French are worse.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

To take the sting out of it a little bit (?), it's mostly culture.

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

In my experience, as long as you speak enough French they'll be quite nice to you. I've never had a problem in France or with the French.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Sure.. but do I need to learn French so I can answer their questions when they are over in my country ?
    If they can speak English then they should fucking do it.

14. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

When french tourists come to SA we dont expect them to learn isiXhosa , isiZulu, Afrikaans or any of our other 11 official languages.. and we are still friendly towards them.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

In a small way the USA is to blame. In the 70's, we did not have MacDonalds, or Starbucks. Now the rat holes are everywhere.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Are you really S.A.M. ?

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Do I sound like a bigoted hate monger who can't grasp the meaning of a very short word?

18. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

I've heard the french choppers were nice as well

19. snake river rufus Registered Senior Member

We didn't force them on you!! Nobody held a gun the the collective french head and said "take our starbucks or else"

20. Myles Registered Senior Member

I have problems finding people who speak Irish, even in Ireland.

Cad mar gheall ar sin ?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

True. De Gaulle started to demand gold instead of dollars and that was one reason why the US went off of the goldstandard....

Some people take it easier than others. Guess how the Americans will take it when the Chinese take over the #1 spot...

We were talking about 100-200 years earlier, like Napoleon and all those kings before him...But it could be the reason since almost all their neightbours beat them at one time in history, so they have a reason to be pissed...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They are snobby because they think their culture is so superior to everyone else's. To some extent that's probably true, the wine, cheese, art, architecture, perfume, fashion, quality of life... but I'm not sure why that makes them look down on others. Their movies are baffling. I knew a bunch of foriegn au pairs at one time, and I never got along with the French ones, the other au pairs didn't either. They would just complain about everything and have wine parties when their host families were away (which wasn't that bad I admit). The Germans loved to party and have fun wherever they were, the Italian and Spanish ones were nice too.

23. tim840 Registered Senior Member

I would have to disagree. Of course, it's an opinion, but I think Italian cheese is better, British and German architecture is better, American fashion is better, and Scandinavian quality of life is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.