Why do americans, dislike arabs, or muslims?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Shadow1, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Pleas, i'm just asking you, if you are going to start a proganada, or going to start saying no no no, it's the relegion of terrorism and stuff, or starting to attack people and attack replyies, if you are going to off topic and start talking about terrorism just because this is islam-related topic,
    i just ask you to stay away, and don't post any reply, and don't cause any verbal attacks, wanna discusse, discuss with respect, and stay on topic, (just friendly advice, don't take it personally, i'm just trying to avoid the verbal attacks and fights)
    Only for who's interrested

so, why most americans, when some budy say, i'm an arab, or when he ask him about his relegion he says i'm a muslim, he says,
    oh my god!!!
    and he'll think that he's an extremist, dictatoric, terrorist, and primitive,
    or if he talks to a girl, and she tell him that she's a muslim if he saks her, he'll think that she's wearing that hijab like in the middle east, with they call it, burka, that one that covers the face, and all in black,
    not all effcorse, but while you talk to an european or an asian, most times, nothjign will come into his mind, just think you're a normal pearson just like him, doesnt matter what relegion do you follow,
    but american... not all effcorse...
    hates islam, or arabs, or anything related to them

again, keep it friendly!!
    no agressive replyies,
    no perseonall or any kinds of attacks,
    any post that will be like that, or contain a proganda, it will be reported,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't dislike people for being Arab. I don't like Islam, but as an atheist, that's what one would expect.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

hehehe, it's ok,
    but, cant you just, meet people, and judge on them, after knowing them, not before,
    also, cant you talk to an arab guy or girl without asking her or him about his relegion, cause if he was a muslim, you'll propably think what i mentioned,(the majority of arabs are muslims, but not all are muslims)
    i don't blame anyone for don't liking any relegion, every budy is free with his thoght, that's his opinion after all,
    but that doesnt mean to hate peopel who have this relegion, am i right?
    or not?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't really even like to meet people. When anyone says, "I'm a member of X religious club", that implies to me that they have stopped thinking independently and accepted a group mind. I tend to like people better who are unique, not trying to conform to some ideal. I think the greatest expression of humanity is individuality.

8. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I don't think Americans generally dislike Arabs or Muslims. I've never experienced the reactions that you speak of.

9. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

I think it is due to the food the medatrainian fod uses a lot of whole cream and generally tatses really good so yes it has to be the food.

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

at this point here,
    arabs muslims are just people,
    talk to them,
    and you want even feal that they are extresmists or relegion people
    muslims, don't go to an Xrelegion group, and accept their thinking, nope, they are just people, who are muslims, that's all, adapting or having relegion as islam, doesnt mean to go into a certain relegion group,
    choosing islam as a relegion ,doesnt me to be, accepting a group mind,
    every budy have his own mind, and his own thinking,
    look at me for exemplt,
    i'm a muslim, if i didnt post some topics about islam, or said that i'm a muslim, would you know what relegion i have?
    we're all just ordinary people, the only difference, that we don't have sex as much you do, most people don't have sex before marriage, but relations with girl friend, yeah normal stuff,
    kissing, also not a usual thing, i mean, the dirty kiss,
    also the very short clothes, and most of us, don't drink alcholinc drinks,
    it seems just normal people keeping thei moralities up,
    being muslim, doent mean to have a related mind to the group, every budy can be unique, and muslim, who beleive in his relegion, or christian who beleive in his relegion

11. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

hehehehe, maybe

12. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i had some topics about islam, wich members started to attack me, and talkign agressivly, and starting to make proganda,

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So you are accepting the values as dictated in your holy book. I dislike authority, especially religious authority which is based (I think) on falsehoods. I do not believe there is such a thing as moderation in Islam. Are there Muslims who believe that there is nothing wrong with drinking a beer? Are there Muslim nudists? So no, they aren't really just ordinary people, they are part of a tribe. Tribal thinking is what leads to violence and war. We see it with the Jewish tribe too.

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

hmm, i think i went of topic with my reply, anyway,
    true, being an too much relegion, well, i respect them, talk to them normally, and actually, they are very polite, never hear a bad word from them, but i don't hang out with them, i don't also hate them,
    as i know here in tunisia, some people, who are relegious, are very nice, and they are normal, and they don't think at any kinds of racist relegion or colour stuff, they are just normal with any kind of relegion, wich all peopel in tunisia doesnt kare what relegioon do you have, but they only kare for who are you, colour, never saw a racist doing, but i'm sure there are always some at any part of the world

15. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

I think you may be misunderstanding. I don't think that people have a problem with Arabs or Muslims. They have a problem with the belief of Islam. After all, many atrocities have been committed against Americans in the name of Islam. This isn't to say that the people who committed these acts are accurately following or portraying Islam. In my opinion, those people are misinterpreting what they read from the Koran, thus creating a false version of it. Sadly, many people in America seem to think that those people are accurately portraying Islam. And they go on to equate Islam/Muslims with terrorism. I maintain that "Islamic terrorists" are not true Muslims. Just like Americans who equate Islam/Muslims with violence and terrorism are ignorant bigots.

I've met a number of Arab Muslims, and have found all of them to be kind, friendly and gentle people who abhor "Islamic" terrorists. I have nothing against Muslims, save what Spidergoat said of them. That being that anyone who ascribes to one method of thought and limits their understanding of the world has stopped thinking for themselves.

16. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yes, there are drunks, drinking bear with no alcohool is normal, but not all the time, nude yes, hard rock people, why do you think, we're not normal?
    you still have this picture of being muslim in your head, that being soo strict, soo relegious, soo, ... sooo...
    why do you think so,
    i do beleive in my relegion, i do beleive in our holy book, yes
    does beleiving is a wrong thing, i'm free to do anything you know, and we're not tribes, so, tell me what do you know, or what do you think, if you knew a pearson, and you asked him about his relegion, and he telledyou that he's a musim, what will think about hoimm, and what will you know about him?

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

you're reading my mind

also, why when they know, that we don't have sex before marriage(most don't) we don't drink alcohol drinks (most don't), and we don't make the dirty kisses (most don't make the dirty kisses)
    they think that we are bad and unormal

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

A Muslims means a follower of Islam, so all I really know about them is that they follow Islam, which is one of my least favorite religions. Of course people are individual, and there could be a follower of Islam that I like, but it hasn't happened yet.

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

also,why would they have a problem with our beleifes,
    it's OUR beleifes, we didn't had a problem with any other beleifes,
    then, why would they have a problem with it, they can hate it, it's their opinion,

20. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Well the way I see it I have Muslim friends and they are just as normal as anyone else. I hold nothing against anyone in particular unless they have shown me that they are not worthy of befriending. There are good and bad people of all colors creeds and Ideologies there all ways will be. The reason most people not just American's IMHO dislike Muslims is the mainstream media dislikes the Muslims. Plain and simple and that is the same reason a lot of Muslims dislike everybody else the main stream media. But as I said this is my opinion

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't like Muslim women because it means they will not have sex with me.

22. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Dude you been hanging with the wrong muslim women.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.