why did GOD stop sending messengers?!!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by riverline, Mar 12, 2009.

1. TheVisitor The Journey is the Reward Registered Senior Member

I'm probably guilty there, you got me.
    But I had been thinking my general outlook on things was getting a little "dark".
    I'm really trying to work on that.

So...back to the topic, "Is God still sending messengers"?
    Yes. More than ever. Sure He is.
    The more important question would be...is anyone still listening, or more to the point is anyone still looking for truth?
    God is also the one sending "strong delusion" to those who "received not a love of the truth".
    He is anointing with the genuine Holy Spirit false messingers to decieve the whole world.
    His Spirit falls on the just and unjust alike.
    The Spirit on them is genuine, but the messingers themselves are false.

II THESSALONIANS 2:11-12
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Maybe we better look those messingers over pretty good and learn to judge what they are saying.
    What then are you going to judge them by? The church? Your feelings or your own ideas?
    You should judge what they say by the Word of God.
    It might be important first they speak the truth, not just dazzle you with signs and wonders.
    That would be my opinion anyway, just for the record.

GALATIANS 1:8
    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I must disagree quite strongly here with you. The scriptures do not say that the decievers would be anointed by the Holy Spirit. What the scriptures are saying is that those who reject the love of the truth God would cause them to be deluded so that they would accept the the decption that the great deciever will bring.

To say that the great deciever or his agents are anointed by the Holy Spirit is a very grave thing to say.

I agree. Not only did scriptures say what you quoted but it also says this.

2 Corinthians 11
    13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

So satan has transformed himself into an angel of light and his workers have masquraded as followers of Jesus. Not only this but in the end His workers will dazzle those given over to deception with lying signs and wonders.

2 Thessalonians 2
    9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Only those who have trully accepted the Love of the truth will be guarded from the coming deception all the rest of the world will be won over to it like cattle to the slaughter. So great will be the power of this deception and so deluded will be those who have rejected the love of the truth.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Disagreement or disapproval are not yet proof of superiority or soundness.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Generally your values bare a relationship to what you & your mouse consider true which was, of course, revealed to you in The Dream Your Mouse Had Last Night in which your god ate your yardstick. Then your mouse told you many people think that it is true that after death there is something, so you act as if this life means nothing.

8. swarm Registered Senior Member

Sure! Every one who sails the sea gets a porpoise or four from time to time.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I will have a message, which will be delivered to my disciples, and then after I'm dead, they will create a holy book, which will be the final word of god. You are in no position to question his word.

I have no direct knowledge of god, only of the angel who delivers his message. His message will be for all mankind, there will be no more religions in the world except one.

10. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Mod note: religious trolling and responses to religious trolling in this thread were deleted. The problem with hypothetical situations which demonstrate the faults and fallacy of theological positions is that the result is often the introduction of drive-by religionists looking to evangelize their superstitions.

11. Xylene Valued Senior Member

I totally agree--if Christ et. al. turns up today or whenever in future, he's either headed directly for the funny-farm and a lifetime of drug-treatment, or the alcohol companies will snaffle him and get the poor guy working for them 24/7.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I am in a position to either accept or reject your rain cheque.

nice

I guess such a non-effectual message will please even the atheists

13. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

What is so hard to believe that God gave me a purpose?

14. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

What good reason is there to believe such a singularly extraordinary claim? Not only is there no good reason to believe your particular god exists, let alone any other, there's the additional burden of demonstrating that you aren't simply delusional or lying.

15. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

I know that you are not trying to offend anyone, but anyone that really believes in God should know that there is only one God and no other gods. Thats for the people that believe. The people that do not believe well I'm sure they believe in something else. Possibly Satan. I guess I do have to prove one of those things if I care enough about that. I was curious to see if anyone feels like I feel. If they feel like they are on this planet for a greater reason other than to have a good life. (nice house, nice car, wife/husband kids, so on)

This thread is called why did God stop sending messengers. I would assume people would talk about that rather than how God doesnt exist and there never was messangers.

16. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Actually, I could be. But that's beside the point.

So, you're saying that believing in your god is a sufficient reason to discount other gods? Why couldn't the same be said for the believer in Quetzacoatl? Your creating a tautology and making a very fallacious argument. And you still haven't given any good reason to accept your god over any other.

This, too, is a fallacious assumption since a belief in the mythical god Satan is an implicit belief that the either the gods Yahweh or Allah exist. Therefore, not believing in your god (ostensibly Yahweh) implies that there is no reason to believe in that other Christian god, Satan.

The OP implies the reason, which is that the reason gods no longer send "messengers" is because humanity is enamored with mythology and appeals to the ancients -that the "messengers" of antiquity weren't messengers of gods at all, but, rather, messengers of cultural hegemonies, cult hierarchies, propagandists, or actualized and would-be rulers. Those who claim to be "messengers" of gods today are deemed crazies and loonies.

In order to defend the notion that messengers exist either today or in the past, one must first demonstrate that gods exist.

17. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

Im only going to comment on your last sentence because I see you like to make things difficult.

Im going to forgive you, because you simply don't know.

18. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Where's the comment on my last sentence?

19. FelixC Registered Senior Member

R: because He was done, on the cross Jesus said, "it is finished"
    Jesus was the Beginning, Jesus will be the End
    Alpha & Omega

if we need anything more, then we're lost

Revelation 1 (New International Version)
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation

20. swarm Registered Senior Member

You only think you have a choice.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your refusal to accept would demonstrate that it is in fact you who chooses a false religion to follow as opposed to obeying gods direct commands. You are in no position to choose against god.

You are now demonstrating your bias towards that which you still don't know. It demonstrates again your choice towards a religion as opposed to obeying gods commands.

The message will be for all mankind, atheists included.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Difficult because you are unable to answer or difficult because there is no reasonable answer for you to offer?

Are you unaware of the many religions in the world?

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Simple, the fact that you are unable to fulfill that purpose.