Why Can't I Logout?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Genji, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Genji Registered Senior Member

All of a sudden, today I can't logout. Why?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RickyH Valued Senior Member

clear your cookies (history) however you are familiar with it

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

Unable to on this computer. It says See Administrator. Which means the principal. Can't do. DAMN. Now I have to move to another computer.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RickyH Valued Senior Member

Ahh, damned by school computers

8. draqon Banned Banned

If you log out of life...you will log out of sciforums. ... there will be no going back.

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

thats really weird that the principal is the admin....

does he/she know anything about computers?
    usually in schools, there is a teacher that does all the admin stuff.

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

The lowly custodians are closely watched. Our principal is an arbitrary bitch that would LOVE a reason to reprimand me. Thanks to the union she hasn't the power to fire me but can request I be moved out of the bldg. With 82 buildings in the District that's just laughable! But I can't let her see I'm here at SF. Hehe. Wouldn't be prudent!

11. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

http://www.proxyway.com/

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

You can check out anythime you like, but you can never leave.

13. crazyfreespirit "Custom User Title" Registered Senior Member

*guitar solo + instrumental*

That song always gave me the creeps.
    Dam..now it's stuck in my head.

14. Genji Registered Senior Member

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Just wait til she finds out your actually a gay commie who posts on sciforums

16. Genji Registered Senior Member

THAT wouldn't be good.:fright: I'm protected from discrimination for being gay, local law. The commie part would hint I'm more intelligent than 95% of my custodial brothers & sisters. Some of my more...crazed rants would be what would sink me.

17. Rick Valued Senior Member

cuz your under arrest, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say would be used against the court of law,Do you understand that? you have the right to an attorney, if you dont have one, one will be provided for you...

dunno, but i think mods prolly think your hot enough to be "watched" over perhaps , oo why do i get the "summer beach" feeling...

Rick

18. Genji Registered Senior Member

You're scaring me......

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

we want you to stay!

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

How very nice. But if my username is parked on here it doesn't mean I'm lurking. I don't have the patience for that, it means I can't logout. In 30 minutes I'm gone till Monday night!

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

if the computer you are accessing doesn't allow you to logout due to an Administrators lockout, there are a few ways to sort that out. However they involve actually circumnavigating the Administrators logout which is probably seen as worse than the posting. So I'm not going to detail it here.

One option I've suggested previously to people with logout issues is to actually use a different machine, login > Change your password and then Logout. Your old stale logged in cookie will obviously be of no use.

Another method of login and logout might be to use a Mobile phone, or connect a laptop via wireless to someone's router (Just remember Illegally connecting to an open router is also another potential legal nightmare, and in certain states might even be classed as Trespassing)

Usually if a Tutor or Headmaster/Mistress/Dean isn't overly computer literate, it can actually suggest that a pupil has gained access to the machine and put their own administration details in. If that's the case, you should really be looking out for people approaching you with blackmail demands.