why can moderators say what they like, but everyone else can't?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by lucifers angel, Apr 25, 2008.

?

Should moderators follow the same rules has everyone else has to?

1. yes

59.4%
  2. no

6.3%
  3. they are above rules

34.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Okay, how is Gendanken's removal as moderator related to rational argumentative positions that do not adhere to modern Western social dogma?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

You said it yourself. The current focus of the administration seems to be to 'protect' both the 'sensitive' souls and the vapid from the politically incorrect, but smart people. Read, uh, "Malakas's" post in its entirety.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I disagree on the points of Western social dogma and the idea that Gendanken's behavior constituted a rational argument.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

1. Don't look through a soda straw.
    2. Don't forget to examine your own behavior for 'willful provocateurism'.
    3. Look harder. Knee-jerk reactionism is just hysteria and we get plenty of that already from the bored housewives.

8. sniffy Banned Banned

Bored housewives, eh nexus? Takes one to know one.

Remove all that is below the belt and watch the trolls disappear overnight. Of course, so then will most of your current posters; but isn't that what you want; what you really, really want? The advertisers probably wouldn't like it would they though?

I might also suggest excommunicating 'religion' as this is more than adequately covered by philosophy but that might cause some upset and we don't want that do we?

9. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

As I see it, the only problematic item of Gendanken's behavior was that she, in open forums, dicussed the actions of another moderator.

Otherwise, whatever "insulting" or "offensive" thing she said to posters was no more offensive than the passive aggressiveness, the political correctness, the evasionism of so many other posters who get away with it on a daily basis.

But unlike those other posters, Gendanken also had more and of quality to say.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Agreed! By my right Lucifer and Shorty should have been banned, not Gendanken removed from modship.
    This PC braindeadness is seriously pissing me off!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

BS, it's exactly what some mods do.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

explain to me why?

i have been banned and i took the banning like i should've....on the fucking chin! what i did was bang out of order and i have publicly apoligised aswell.

if haveing gend here abusing members like she was, is appealing to you, then more fool you!

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

lucifers angel
    This message is hidden because lucifers angel is on your ignore list.

14. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

On a general note, I don't think these issues can be resolved, though.

People on a forum like this are on different levels of cognitive and moral development; it is inherent to this difference that they cannot adequately understand eachother's arguments about why something is wrong and another thing right. Reasoning with one another, however rational and well-supported it might be, cannot undo this difference in a foreseeable time.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes on the disaster

It's not unheard of, though, to do so.

I don't necessarily disagree. I mean, Gendanken has a perverse sense of subtlety that is more about achieving some internal gratification than making the point, but the propriety of that is in the eye of the beholder.

However, to track the point: Malakas proposed that, "When little girls, or trolls, are allowed to post inanities but any rational position that does not adhere to modern western social dogma is banished then, that sir, is mediocrity." I invited a demonstration of that process. 2inquisitive asserted that the process was demonstrated in Gendanken's dismissal. In pursuing that point, 2i raises an interesting issue, but what makes it interesting is actually a tangent at best; I need to look into a couple of things and get back to it. Now, I don't disagree with the underlying theme of 2i's assessment, but I don't think it connects the Gendanken dot to the Western social dogma dot, and it certainly doesn't establish her approach as rational.

As a general point, though, pertaining to Gendanken's quantity and quality, I would only note that avant garde must, at some point, bow to a modicum of communicative convention, else it will forever remain in that disconsolate region known as gibberish. Having done battle with Gendanken over the years, I have acquired a slight appreciation for her tacky, purple-naugahyde ... um ... sensibilities. Nonetheless, they do present a number of challenges. Much like Chihuahua races, we read for the spectacle, and there's spectacle aplenty.

16. Roman Banned Banned

I've always thought gendy was the most adorable bit of sci. In making her mod, you pretty much ensured that she'd stick around, because she got to say pussy faggot negro vagina with impunity to people who would listen.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Fucking bores. Challenge is fun. Housewife forums is not.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Amen.

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Don't be a tease

Challenge is supposed to be fun.

However, communicating with some people can be a pain in the ass. And if my ass is going to hurt, somebody better be fucking it.

Gendanken can make the challenge a fun pain in the ass. Which is probably a good thing.

Because limp little bitches are just a headache.

• • •​

Practice, practice, practice.

20. Roman Banned Banned

Alright, mister "I humiliated myself falling for an April 1 prank about flying penguins in the biology forum then locked the thread to prevent further discussion of my hilarious gullibility".

I'll try real hard to contribute more scientific content.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Um ... Good try, Roman! Oh, wait. No it wasn't.

Do better than half a half-wit.

Actually, hang on. Maybe you can help me understand a certain phenomenon. What is it that makes people like you so goddamn bitter that you're willing to portray yourself as the biggest moron in six counties in order to upsize what might otherwise be a semi-effective pretense of insult?

Seriously, I never have understood that. You take a perfectly useful insult and absolutely blow it out your ass like a Buick. And for what? Are you trying to scale back the insult? Cover your bases and set up an "I'm a retard" defense?

I mean, I would laugh and say, "That's super, Roman! Good job!" Except it's not.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yeah, that was funny.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Too bad, philosophy was just getting interesting again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.