Why buy the cow when the milk's free?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Why?, Jan 15, 2008.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Also, you can't buy the cow. You can only pretend to own it for awhile. She will let others milk her, it's a statistical probability.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Why? Registered Senior Member

Divorce only sets up a series of marriages. Fear of divorce is like fear of drowning - you can't let either prevent you from learning how to swim.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Only if your that foolish to keep making the same mistake of remarrying someone just to be married.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I wasn't talking about divorce. Marriage doesn't necessarily lead to monogamy.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I have no idea how they are the same. :shrug:

9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You bet. And recommending to the girl that she hand the boy that situation as an ultimatum is not a good idea either.

Which you did.

Not to mention the idea, strange to your view of the world, that the girl might want to get laid too. If you do the math, you'll notice that if a girl follows the normal recommendations for a life and husband (job, stability, education, responsibility, demonstration of ambition and character, etc), she will be getting married around age 24 - about ten years of chastity assumed, in that strategy. Unless you are assuming lesbian couplings.

I don't know what kinds of human beings such a strategy is designed for, but normal ones are not among them.

10. Benthur Registered Member

I think thats the problem with the people of yester-year (aka my generation). There was this fairytale belief about marriage being passed around from each girl to the next. It was about how marriage was so grand and that once you got married all your problems would go away you would be forever happy with loving husband and perfect children. Unfortunately as anyone who has been married can tell you, that is not true. You don't always feel that same great love for your spouse and being a virgin on your wedding night doesn't make any difference when it comes to staying with someone for the rest of your life. All though I think young people do get divorced to quickly I am also proud of those that do because few things are worse than being stuck in an awful relationship.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i would like to challange the assertian that woman only use sex to lure in men

That is apsolutly rediculas

My partner is always bitching at ME that i dont put out, she has a higher sex drive than i do.

why would she if the only reason women have sex is to please there husbands??????

You are basing your whole premis on a erronious statement. What are you? a guy from the 1800's??????

edit to add: actually i think women got the better deal, they can get off 4, 5 times in one sesion where as guys get stuck with doing all the work and only get off once, god nature is a bitch

12. ghost_footsteps Registered Member

If a woman is stupid for not asking for marriage before "living like a man" wouldn't a man by your logic be stupid for not asking for marriage before "living like a man"?

False, this does not always hold true. Perhaps it disqualifies them from marrying someone with views such as yours (although I would hope you would somewhat forgiving since you yourself have had premarital sex). Why would you assume that because they have premarital sex, they are barred from ever entering into a marriage and starting a family? I find the opposite to be true and I believe you would agree as well.

So a male is smart because they " know not to marry someone just because [they] want to get laid"? Do you see the double standard?

Perhaps then the problem does not lie solely with the female audience. If men are the ones who have trouble controlling their "urges", then shouldn't blame be put upon them for coercing women to "give their milk for free"? If women are far superior at suppressing their "sexual desires" and if men took RESPONSIBILITY and didn't initiate intimacy, wouldn't the problem be solved? I would speculate no. Then again, I don't agree with many of your assumptions about male/female sexuality.

It's horrible to think a male would allow this to happen to a female, with no repercussions towards the male

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well at least we agree on something, that it is stupid to get married just to get laid.

13. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

You really need to face the fact that we are never going back to the days where women were either whores or good mommies and wives. You need to accept that. That time is over. You can either deal with that or hang out with the ever decreasing number of people who hold that kind of belief.
    Women get to have sex before marriage. They get to not get married. They get to explore sex and then later choose to have kids.

They get to be sex queens AND mothers.

And men should want them to be free. That way they dont have to secretly hate their wives or seek out prostitutes because
    they took a conceptual sword
    and sliced women in half.

Men have hated themselves for so long and the only solution they could come up with was to 'love' a pure and beautiful woman, because looking in her face they did not feel ugly.

But if these women liked sex then they were like the men and the men had no where to hid from their self hate.

Get over it.

Stop forcing women to be pure so that you can feel good about yourself.

And goddamn it there are enough people in the world having babies, even in tidy little marriages like you like.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Then you are a fucking hypocrite, and an idiot by your own words.
    I'm done here.

15. Why? Registered Senior Member

I am only a hypocrit if I were arguing against pre-marital sex, which is not the topic of this thread. Listen clearly. I am saying young people have shifted their priorities away from long-term thinking in terms of security and family to short-term thinking in terms of sex. Obviously, a good marriage is a combination of sex and long-term trustful companionship. The young people have seriously erred in giving sex the far greater weight of that balance. Yes, I know this is what is happening. It is a bad omen, however, for national prosperity and safety. The young people are stupid. They will create havoc in their lives and in the lives of the nation's future. Must it stay this way? No. Can history repeat itself? Yes. Unfortunately, over and over. We are going into a nosedive which perhaps we can reverse. Marriage is not a fairy tale or fantasy. It is the young people who have bad attitudes toward it.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok.

Perhaps, but what makes you better then the young people you mention ?
    Could it be they have a similar attitude towards sex as you have/had ? If the answer is 'no', do you want to explain how it is that you know that ?

Listen, if they are all so fucking stupid why do you want them to have children ?
    Stupid people raise stupid children

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

:thumbsup:

18. Why? Registered Senior Member

The attitude of the young toward sex is not new - just growing. I don't want stupid people having children. I want them to smarten up, and then have children.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think we all wish that. But not all of us have the same idea of what level of stupidity that is. Some people don't want poor people to have children. Some people don't want families to be larger than 2 children.

I just don't understand why it bothers you for other people to live together without being married. Its rarely about sex. You can get sex without living together. People move in together because they love each other and want to be closer. You are together because you want to be, not because you have to be.

20. Why? Registered Senior Member

It's mostly about sex. The convenience of having your sexual partner under the same roof without the long-term committment. If they truly loved each other, they'd get married.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Dream on... lol

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How do you know that ?

23. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Why do you believe marriage is the only way you can make a long term commitment to someone?