Why bother?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Oli, May 26, 2009.

1. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

"why bother?":scratchin:
    "scratchin:
    ..ummm.."i don't know?"

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gurglingmonkey More Amazing in RL Registered Senior Member

OP: Sometimes there's some fun to be had. I imagine some things are enjoyable for you, aim at those.
    Perhaps that's not enough; this is a question I've been wrestling with myself.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

8. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

That is exactly my thought too. In fact, one of my tattoos represents that exact idea. What will any of this really matter in the end. Even if the universe does not end up in the big crunch, at some point all stars will have died out due to the complete consumption of hydrogen and hence life will no longer exist.

9. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

click the picture silly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. tuberculatious Banned Banned

are you depressed?

11. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Well, he made the opening post a Loooong time ago, and clinical depression is a sometimes here, a sometimes there prospect. So, to ask at this time is perhaps not appropriate.

Likewise, asking that sort of thing is a rather personal question. Having dealt with dysthymia myself, I can tell you, that having a condition such as this can be a result of over cerebraliztion and under intuitization.

Indeed, a world disconnected from feelings is a very cold and isolated place after too long. I am a mystic, I have no TV, I don't see or talk to anyone, and have a disability. If I forgot how to feel? I could very well fall back into this same abyss. I was there. It is very dark and cold down there. Brrrr, chilly. Makes me sad just thinking 'bout it.

That's mostly past now. Life is not about yesterday, there isn't any. Nor is there a tomorrow, so who cares? It is an illusion. For the consciousness, the self, there is ONLY A NOW, Yes? So why focus on such absurd and petty things as 1 year, 10 years, 100 years, from the present etc. ? It doesn't exist! ONLY NOW EXISTS!

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Just wait until I make a mini varda or two you'll see how fucking awesome they are and you'll want one.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So you'll be selling your kids ? Why ?

14. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

*:zzz: did ya click the pic I posted in the previous post? Someday Enmos, maybe you'll have kidos of your own, you'll get it then. . . .

here's mine, click it this time. . .

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So why have any kids ?

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Oh jeese, for god's sake, don't! Oh hell, the planet is over populated as it is, one shouldn't go out and plan to have children at this point. If I had know then what I know today, I am sure I would never plan on doing that.

I think you have not listened to that video but have focused on the image of children. That is only meant to inspire and invoke the emotion of joy in the NOW. Sorry, I think you have completely missed the point.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Dude, you don't have to tell me

I may have missed the point. In fact, I'm sure of it.. lol

18. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

One thing that really got to me was when I heard a radio talk show host say "did you know that within 100 years, everyone listening to this show will be dead?"

It's also kind of funny thinking back to high school when my English teacher said "everyone in here is going to die... that's a guarantee."

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

The thought has occurred to me that I should donate eggs everywhere so my genes end up covering the entire earth, but I think I want to have oversight on their education, so I guess I'll be running my own process line.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Domination. The assumption of control over all being on the planet. Eventually. We're working on it.

21. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Yeah, why have kids? Leave it to the ignorant, the uncultured, the miserable, the weak to populate the earth with their dozens of mediocre kids. Let intelligence die!

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol Factory Varda..

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You and Varda ?