Why Be Kind to Animals when Animals are not Kind to Animals?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Charles_Wong, Dec 15, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Normal is boring.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

MetaKron is anything but normal.

Back to the topic.

Why be kind to animals etc.

Why not? Why be cruel to them? What does it prove or achieve?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Redefine91 I piss excellence Registered Senior Member

Being Cruel to animals usually gives the person a feeling of superiority. The fact that, by nothing more than 10 fold intellect, the person is able to kill/be cruel to the animal makes them feel dominant.

Kind of like the whole taxidermist deal

Hunters shoot bears who are drinking water peacefully or eating some berries or whatever. and then they have them stuffed into a position to suggest the bear was crouched and ready to attack and the human had the strength and cunning to pull out a firearm and take down this vicious, Carnivorous creature. Man vs Beast. Or Lead vs beast as it should be phrased.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Maybe I'm just giving humans too much credit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Don't feel bad ...most people do the same thing! I think it has to do with egocentricism and human inability to accept their own faults. We love to look thru rose-colored glasses, not wanting to see or admit to the seedier side of humanity.

Even with vicious, evil killers and rapists we make excuses for their behavior so as not to have to admit that humans could do such things as they do ...and still be human.

Baron Max

8. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Because a happy dog gives you pleasure? Nature doesn't support the capacity for life on earth to be absolutely kind or absolutely mean as those behaviors would likely not allow life to persist. You can have moments of kindness and meanness in varying quantites/ratios.