Why atheism makes you mean

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by S.A.M., Nov 21, 2008.

1. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

see if you were atheist you could be God too..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

LMAO..

Japanese are some of the smartest people in the world and they are kicking Big 3 US auto makers azz like no one else,
    also have one the best educational systems in the world...
    and
    Scandinavian countries have some of the lowest crime rates in the world and a very high standard of life for every person

your dogmatic quest of dissing atheism is getting really PATHETIC!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

When you can link to something that has the slightest relationship to your bizarre assertion that Mao confessed his ideology had been built on Darwinian evolutionary theory, feel free.

Until then, that was and is bullshit.
    The 19th Century Enlightenment? How many guesses do we get? What are you talking about?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. albertchong1999 The truth is out there Registered Senior Member

religion teach us to be resilient and calm and be kind hearted to one another, that will benefit you a lot if you are doing business because customer will visit you more frequently if you are polite and kind-hearted person. politeness and fairness play an important role in your business environment, hence you definitely can generate more income. customer will never love to deal with you if you are bad manner or not fair in price and item. those without religion still can generate more income but bear in mind that you need to have politeness and fairness, you can learned it from your parents,friends or reading more positive articles in books or newspaper. there is a reason for this post. thanks

feel free to see my post 'how life on earth started?"
    thanks

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Doesn't change the fact that they are dying societies. How wonderful they/their lives are does not replace their population.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Sam, as usual you run about this half-cocked. If their population is declining, so what? It will rebound as other factors force themselves onto the Scandinavian consciousness. Only someone of your particular philosophical bent would take them to task for this. But tell me: what do you or your philosophy get out of declaring them "dying"?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nothing, just the observation that a rise in atheism equals a decline in population. I think the social phenomena of atheism actually increases to reduce population and is the waning phase of a people. Those who survive it are the ones who keep reverting back to theism when it peaks.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Aaaand the proof of this is?

Look, you still haven't illustrated how the study demonstrates this connection between prosociality and the establishment of society, and how such prosociality isn't simple reciprocal altruism.

By the by: I reiterate that I hope your comment in the other thread wasn't a threat.

11. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Of course. The better educated, richer, better off people have less children while the poor and uneducated have many. The less educated, poorer people/nations tend to be highly religious.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Birth rates tend to decline in better educated societies where woman's rights are appreciated. Many religions dictate certain "traditional" roles for women, that trend in the opposite direction.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Found this article on Der Spiegel. It goes against Sam's thesis in these paragraphs:

Yet it can hardly be said that Pakistan is unreligious. Are the conditions for "failed state and theism/religiosity" a bit more complex than the binary solution set Sam offers?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Let wait until it starts dying as a society and needs replacement from other populations.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It needs money replacement.

And ethics.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats the US. And its "lots of money replacement. And ethics"

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Apparently not. :shrug: We just elected God.

19. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, certainly. Although overall the US is an exception to the rule, you will find that the poorer, less educated states are more religious than other states. I've got a US religiosity by state graph around here somewhere, I'll try to dig it up.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Depends on who defines religious. By common US polls, I am generally classified as not religious. I find that hilarious. Apparently going to church is the only criteria for being religious.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you're doing business with a religious son-of-a-bitch, get it in writing. His word isn't worth shit. Not with the good lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal.

William S. Burroughs​

22. lightgigantic Banned Banned

what part of the phrase "heavily influenced" don't you understand?

forget it
    it's obvious modern history is not your strong suit ...

23. Bricoleur Registered Member

What's with the drive to over-populate?! :shrug:Surely you can see there is extreme pressure on the earth's resources, and our own ability to feed ourselves is questionable.

Over-breeding will only excacerbate it, regardless of creed.
    Is this desire to outbreed and overwhelm (other religions, nations, opposing ideologies) by sheer brainwashed numbers a feature of all religions?

Is the associated decline in education and empowerment within these brainwashed hordes the unsaid aim? Easier to brainwash and manipulate God's army? "Look at those heathen/infidel/unGodly creatures, enjoying their education and social health system; see them enjoying their outrageous wealth while us down trodden dirt poor (who incidentally have God's blessing to life in the next world) have not chance...lets kill them etc etc"

I would have thought a low birthrate, or even a negative one (which I don't necessarily see as a 'dying out'), is socially, environmentally and humanely responsible. It could be seen at best as setting an example, or at worst, a sacrifice.