Why Aren't Half the Threads Closed?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by IceAgeCivilizations, Dec 6, 2006.

1. leopold Valued Senior Member

apparently not.
    both sides presented convincing arguments.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I have yet to see you act in a manner in accordance with someone hoping for a free exchange of ideas.
    A free exchange of ideas is not a one-way street.
    You seem more to be looking for a place to drop your ideas and expect everyone to go along with them, unless, of course, they are absolute morons.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

One way street? Ahahahaha.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yeah.
    Right.
    If you mean that you refused to acknowledge the fact that your 'radius of the earth' bullshit was mathematically shown to be false, then ok.
    But, I don't think that's what you mean.

You're delusional.

I recommended your thread be moved to pseudoscience after you ignored my post which showed, mathematically beyond question, that your Earth Hexagon thing was ridiculous.
    You know, where you immediately after dropped all talk of the radius and switched over to circumference.

I guess Q decided to just lock it.
    It really should have been moved to pseudoscience where you could ignore facts to your heart's content.
    Well, really, it should have been cesspooled. Pseudoscience should have some standards. I think your post wasn't even good enough for it.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That is a lie.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I didn't lock this particular thread however I occasionally lock threads when the length of them gets to 20 pages or so, the main reason for this is people tend to read the initial posts and then skip to the end posts missing out the stuff in the middle. Mainly because the thread length itself is too unbearable to read through.

It doesn't stop the discussion of any particular subject since you have the ability to start a new thread and you can "Reference" material thats already been discussed from the previous thread by adding links to it. This increases the ease for people to join a discussion and/or debate without forcing them to read that whole thread.

10. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Thanks, Stryder, for explaining the possible reasoning, however, I guess we'll "never know" what Q was thinking.

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Oh Nex, everybody understood the 3.14 from 3.0 correction for arc, so now you're hanging on a dead limb there tiger.

12. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Who's everybody, exactly?

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

You too nex(t).

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Anyone reading that thread could plainly see by the last dozen posts the thread was done as it degenerated into silly comments, hence it was closed.

Simple really. Yet, I wonder why you would choose to open this thread and lie about it? Disingenuous priorities?

15. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Q, many threads have long series of silly posts, so why don't you lock them too, disingenuous priorities, obviously, pretty lame, Q?

16. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

he can only lock the threads in his subforums, you do know that?

17. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Fine, so why are the other threads under his "subforums," which have silly posts, not also locked?