Why are rich people unhappy?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, Jun 26, 2012.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not true.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I could, but then I would be less rich, wouldn't I?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Yeah, there's always a catch...

But, I'm only willing to do this for scientific reasons you know.:shrug:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. game-junkie Registered Senior Member

The brain controls you, unfortunately. With an illness like manic depression you have no say in it. I have a friend who's a manic depressive and he's hard to be around a lot of the time. He's had a really hard life. Which is another thing i mentioned earlier about persuing happiness. You have to persue it to get it. Otherwise, you can vegetate. You need a chemical fix to enjoy life throughly, and money does help. Eating healthy, healthy lifestyle, exercise, good nights sleep, all help. Having money can let you enjoy this.

Multimillions is just greediness though. If i had it my way and i was the president. I'd cap everyones wages other than people who are helping others. I'd put a cap limit on private wealth. In the real world i believe a doctor should be earning more than a sportsman. Just the way i see it anyway. They have too much money.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

When I had a lot of money, according my previous standards, not rich though, according to common standards, I was very happy and relieved. I enjoy having lots of money and so hope it will happen again, and again...and again.

But for those unhappy rich people, I think many of them lost faith in humanity, since they have been cheated and used and attracted all the wrong people, false friends etc because of the money the have.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That sounds like a faith position to me. What did Buddhism monks do all day but vegetate? Or as they call it, meditate.

10. game-junkie Registered Senior Member

Meditation is different from vegetating but i guess it's on the same lines if you want to think that way. You're training your mind to relax with meditation. I can vegetate infront of the television all day and i guess i could relax. Will that make me happy all the time? Sitting infront of a television doing sweet F.A all day. Not really. I have to keep thinking or i have to keep myself occupied all day. That's just me. If you are happy watching television in the evenings or in the day i guess its ok.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you can't simply do nothing, then I say you can never be at peace with yourself. I come at this question from the point of view of needing nothing to placate my mind. Therefore I can enjoy wealth for it's own sake.

12. Saint Valued Senior Member

Is Bill Gates happy?

13. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

That isn't important, only you should find your happiness inside of yourself not looking for it in other people for they cannot bring you what you want only you can do that. Wondering about what others do or say or think doesn't help you to make up your own mind but only adds more things to think about other than yourself.

14. Twelve Registered Senior Member

Yes, he is.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

How do you know? Are you or do you know Bill Gates? Does he really suffer from extreme dandruff as the rumour says?

16. jayeeyee Registered Member

When it comes down to it, I think it depends on the person who's filthy rich. As the saying goes, "mo' money - mo' problems" (Quoted from: Christopher George Latore Wallace). It depends what they do with their fortunes since money in our world can also be viewed as power and not only a luxury commodity.

But truthfully, it's not applied that rich people are subjected to the most problems. Everyone faces ups and downs in their life. I'm so broke it's theoretically not possible. Sure, I think getting rich would help me by.. but I know problems will arise and affect me down the line either way.

17. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Who says the rich are unhappy? Is Pew taking polls now? There is a claim that money doesn't bring happiness and yet we do not run around saying the poor are happy so let's keep them poor. Why is there no campaign to make sure the poor remain in their ideal state of bliss? We should start one. Since "happiness" is not only overrated but difficult to assess we should stop making blanket statements in regards to this state of being. As the very wealthy celebrity once claimed, happiness is overrated, it comes and goes, one should focus instead on being content, a state of contentment. I am sure if we did a random poll on the very wealthy you'll find a lot of them are quite content, maybe not overjoyed with bliss but, you know, content.

18. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Love your new avatar

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

At least if your rich you can pay others to worry about your problems.