Why are parents murdering their kids?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by ReighnStorm, Dec 23, 2005.

1. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

There is one contraceptive that IS 100% effective. Burning or removal of the tubes or uterus. Have a couple of children, planned or unplanned.....burn, tie, remove....whatever....have as much sex as you want!
    Gotta luv modern medical science..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But seriously though, this is maybe a reason for murdering your children. But as someone said here that children are either aborted or given up for adoption. I'm talking about children ranging in ages from 7 to 12 maybe even older who are being murdered by their parents.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Maybe it has something to do with the children being then at their most difficult stage? That the parents, already tested to their limits by children they do not love, see no way out anymore. In some cases the parents commit suicide afterwards.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

In the news I find most cases that the parents were divorcing and the parents both love the kids too much to lose them so they kill the children along with their self sometimes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

What a strange, selfish idea of love...

8. Qorl Guest

Big kids like you piss me off to.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  9. milkweed Valued Senior Member

I would guess that it pretty much can be summed up as this.

The parent who kills their child has lost hope in the future.

Yates in texas, claimed it was to protect her children from evil in the world. Not the evil that was happening to them at that time, but the evil they would face in the future (yes I know she was nuts).

Susan Smith, it was her future she had lost hope in. The man she was seeing did not want to be involve with her because of the children.

The fathers who decide if they cant have the kids (during a break up) have also lost hope in the future.

Any thoughts?

10. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

During a divorce, delusion tends to set in. One partner starts seeing the other partner as a loathsome, wicked creature that is the embodiment of all that is wrong with the world. It can get to the point where they see their partner as being the next worst thing to the devil.

In their fractured minds they are saving their children from either the pain inflicted by the partner or from being twisted and corrupted by them. By the way, its the same reason we went into Vietnam.

11. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Oh my God, it's people like this who make me love capital punishment. Anyone who could do that to a child deserves to die. I don't care what their reasons are, their sick! And if they're willing to kill somone in their own family, then they surely wouldn't mind killing someone else.

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Sometimes they kill because they're hungry.