Why are moderators hated so much?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by skaught, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sniffy Banned Banned

It makes for great viewing doesn't it?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Maybe we need to lose some of those instead.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

dont you know by now they wont punish one of they're own!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I like the mods for the most part. Sometimes i get mad, but hey noone is perfect.

I wish we had a hot girl as a mod....hint hint.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Time will tell. Besides I don't expect them to publicly shame Gendanken, that would be uncalled for.
    What I get from Stryder is that Gendanken will get a 'private' warning.. which should suffice.
    The main goal should be that this sort of stuff will not happen again.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The main problem has been that Moderators tend to forget that they are proportion of a team effort and occasionally they allow themselves to think and act like the individual they truly are. This obviously causes negative views because while one might say something out of line, we don't all agree.

While a lot of posters have the perception we "protect our own", there is only so far such protection goes. An outburst can be classed a mistake, a repeat on the other hand can be seen intentional. I'm hoping that this current matter is seen a "Mistake" by Sciforum's members not just moderators, but should their be a repeat... well you don't need me explaining.

What I do ask though is that certain poster(s) could please stop trolling what was said in a quote. We know what was said, it's being dealt with it really doesn't require all the usual soap opera to accompany it. All you do is make yourselves look like drama queens and lessen the chances of being taken seriously by moderators should you actually send in reports in the future. (Sciforums Wiki really requires an entry on "The boy who cried wolf")

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Agreed.

In the mean time, I have a hard time seeing what kind of discussion we should have in this thread.
    I really think most people don't hate or dislike moderators.
    The title and the question "What makes them nasty" are both loaded.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what if you get something like this in a PM, you forward it on and you hear nothing back?
    What if you get denigrated in a thread by a mod and then the mod locks it do you can't respond?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Then you're in a pile of shit.
    You should contact Plazma then.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Which is what I did with a PM. so sad, too bad for me I guess.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Four separate posts is not a repeat.

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If that didn't help, I don't know what would.. :shrug:

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

In all fairness, the quotes I posted originally were deleted and then posted again by someone else.

17. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

What if you get denigrated by an administrator?

18. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Leave:shrug:

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This is all odd, because it's the kind of thing I'd be embarrassed to do if I were a mod.

20. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

if anyone is getting abused over the internet it is a criminal offence and they can get police onto the matter!

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

OH SHE GOT A WARNING! well that makes it all better doesn't it??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You know very well, like i do, that this will repeat itself once all this has settled down!

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This is people are being personally attack to the extents of Malice. It would have to be proven that it's effected them beyond all normal duties, the main problem with dealing with the internet is you can actually turn it off, or not go to the website you feel abused by. Obviously if people get hold of your private data and use that in an abuse campaign the question that's usually asked is "How did they get that information". After all if they turn something you've publically shared against you, it would seem partially your own fault for sharing and would inhibit any legal action.

So in short, don't tell people who you really are IRL and remember when you get wound up to an emotion response, consider that you are being wound up just to have ammunition made from your retort.

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah i know your right, you shouldn't give your phone number, address and only e mail to a certain degree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.