Why are girls so stupid?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by KennyJC, Feb 20, 2007.

1. draqon Banned Banned

so I take it all this forum.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

huh?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Thats because it is true, if you know how to read palms. Why don't you learn palm reading?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

No, it's more that some women are just open minded. Why is that a bad thing? You prefer a closed minded woman?

8. Yorda Registered Senior Member

you're so stupid that you think you're smart.

9. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Okay... now you must be a girl!

Am I right? Did I get it right?

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yorda is from a PS2 game called Ico. Other than that, who knows?

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

If you are in a bad situation, that just couldn't get worse, then it's not god helping you out if it, just the fact that things can only get better, by definition.

This is just one of many false premises that religious belief is based upon.

Anyway, back on topic, Astrology/Palmistry and all that crap, .. do people really believe in it, or is it just harmless fun? Is it used for self motivation? IE, if the reading says you will meet someone, you know you have to go out and do something, right, so you do?

12. Alanaxh Elleil Registered Member

I think this "men are smarter than women" and "women want to feel special" etc is very sexist. I've seen plenty of guys do dumb things, as well as women.

And as for that palm thing, it could've been a joke and just because someone tries it doesn't mean they are stupid.

13. draqon Banned Banned

whats careless...is judging the whole civilization of women and men just because of one event.

14. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Either that or you wanted a blowjob from the dumb blonde looking over your shoulder

15. draqon Banned Banned

wouldn't mind.

16. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

1. what is true about palm/tea leaf reading?
    2. they were putting their hand on a fricken monitor!

Open minded? Is it open minded if a con-man says "do you know someone with the letter 'D' in their name"... "YES! My grandma was called Enid and she died and now she is a spirit talking to me through you! Here is my £20." Or if Enid is not dead... then "YES! My grandmother is called Enid and she's old and does this mean she's going to die?"... 20 years later... "SHE'S DEAD! MY PSYCHIC TOLD ME THAT'D HAPPEN!"

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  17. Roman Banned Banned

You're not a female, are you?

Anyway, of course it's sexist! Women show themselves time and time again, to be a very special sort of stupid. I think it's all the hormones their brains are soaking in. What do you think makes women so... unique?

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

No, I disagree. It is the specific religion that's the problem. If you count the various evangelical sects and cults of Abrahamism as one religion, you've got a paradigm of beliefs that is a formula for disaster.

First they stifle the rich multidimensional human spirit into a pathetic one-dimensional model of good-versus-evil, making their followers ashamed of normal human emotions and instincts. Then, when they're at least left with the natural duality of the double helix that underlies all life, they squash that out of their paradigm by elevating the masculine to godhood and relegating the feminine to servitude. Then with their masculine side unchecked they institutionalize the worst of our behaviors. It's just a good joke to say that if Moses had been a woman she would have stopped to ask for directions and the Jews would have gotten home in a few months, but it's no joke to hear billions of Christians and Muslims say that they're right (each of them individually of course) and everybody who disagrees with them is wrong and that they can't be bothered by any facts that challenge their innate wisdom or tolerate anyone who disagrees with them.

This is a belief system that is bound to motivate its followers to make war on each other and on the rest of us periodically.
    Astrologers, palmists, faith healers and the like run the gamut from con artists out to make a buck, to entertainers who give people something to watch that's arguably better than CSI, to genuine healers who couch their practice in the trappings that make their clients comfortable.

I know a psychotherapist who in his youth was feeling inconsolably depressed and in the spirit of "why the hell not" he walked into an astrologer's shop. She could tell instantly that he wasn't into the woo-woo but still needed help. She never pulled out her charts, never asked for his birthdate, never once mentioned anything remotely connected to astrology, just got him to talk. He quickly recognized the tools of his trade and she was damn good with them. Coupled with the fact that people in those lines of work are very good at "cold readings" (they read our body language and other non-verbal communication bandwidth like it was a neon sign), he walked out of that storefront with some incredible revelations about himself and how he got where he was, and he felt that she might have saved his life.

Witch doctors really know something about medicine (including the placebo effect) but they have to couch it in the cultural terms of their clients to get their respect and trust. Similarly, many people who practice the "black arts" are good counselors, but they have to talk to people in terms that get their respect and trust.

So don't be so quick to dismiss them, especially considering the dismal success rate of "conventional" treatments like psychiatry and chiropractic, and the contribution of the placebo effect to the success rate of prescription drugs. Sure the guy who wants you to put your palm on your computer screen is a charlatan who's just in it for the money. Still, he's presumably only getting paid for hits on subscribed advertising like most websites so he's not making a fortune, and none of that money comes from his clients. They're getting a moment of hope, introspection, or sheer mindless fun, for free. If there's somebody out there who takes it seriously, all I can say is that people who are that stupid are very difficult to protect.

19. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Are you an athiest?
    Let people believe what they want. Some people believe in ghosts. Some people believe in aliens. What is your point? It does not make the believer stupid, it just makes them very open minded, which is actually not such a bad trait.

Yes it can be taken to extremes, but so can closed mindedness, so if you have to pick one or the other in a female, which would you rather choose?

20. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

It can become a bad trait if and when a person gives another person some kind of power for the wrong reason.

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

What power? Everyone has innate powers. People have power exhanges all the time.

22. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Well one off the cuff example would be a politician leading gullibel ("open minded") people. Surely the best example of unnecessary power-giving.

23. John Connellan Valued Senior Member

Another would be evangelism in all it's glory