Why are animal rights suporters so intolerant?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Fenrisulven, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Fenrisulven Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum because I was interested in the thread MetaKron had started about the RSPCA. No, I am not a 'sock puppet' created by that poster. Indeed, I find it extraordinary that so many people have hurled abuse at MetaKron for simply stating the facts and posting some links.

If you are in the UK you might have heard the File on 4 programme on the BBC in which leading barristers and solicitors raised serious concerns about what is going on in this country. A well respected MP raised the spectre of a public inquiry into RSPCA prosecutions if they do not change their ways.

Please explain why so many of you dismiss these people's concerns on the apparent grounds that if someone has been prosecuted they must be guilty?

The RSPCA abusing their position is a serious issue and should be debated openly, not swept under the carpet by banning posters who raise it.

Thanks for reading.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

They are intolerant because reality conflicts with their failed model/ideology and their humanity and ignorance makes them angry.

They would rather hate innocent people and fill their hearts with hatred rather than acknowledge reality.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Even among the animal rights activists, most of them play that game to hurt people and for no other reason. Any kind of morality has been more for the selfish pleasure of sociopaths than it has been for protecting animals or humans.

Some of the users here just like to hurt people, period.

You will also notice that the animal rights activists here like to conceal their AR affiliations. That is for the purpose of deceiving people and pretending that the common citizens approve of what animal rights zealots do.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

This ideology has failed before and is failing now.

All that they are doing is playing the game of placing a few sociopaths above the rest of humanity in their illegitimate hierarchy, and the animals between them and the rest of humanity, to create an excuse for controlling what other humans eat and wear. It just boils down to creating a system of social control that benefits a very few at the expense of the rest. Even then, those at the top will be self-destructive.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

People who abuse animals are sociopaths, Metakron.

The RSPCA do a great job protecting animals from animal abusers, and I fully support their actions.

Oh, and it's obvious this thread was started by a sock puppet. That makes you look weak.

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It makes you look weak to use false accusations like that. Please try to uphold the standards that you would seek to use to get James to ban me again.

10. Fenrisulven Registered Member

I'm afraid that you are quite wrong. I am nothing to do with Metakron.

Worse, when the RSPCA seize animals that were not being badly treated they cause those animals psychological harm at the very least. They are taken from the people and place they know and love and put in shelters where strangers and strange animals surround them. Sometimes animals die from diseases contracted in the shelter. Sometimes they are attacked by other animals there, or even lost.

Everyone does some harm and some good and you have to balance the harm against the good. The RSPCA is doing far more harm than it does good. As Frank Field MP said we will have to have a public inquiry if this continues.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I think animal rights associations attract more than their fair share of people who are in it for the wrong reason and just want an excuse for some violence, because they can get away with it, in that animals are not going to stand up and shout 'Not in my name'.

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Fenrisulven,

i will give you the benifit of the doubt as to wether you are a sock puppet, i could check but im to busy so i will treat your question at face value

i think you missed the point of that thread for quite a few reasons

firstly (a tenhnicality) that thread wasnt started by MetaKron, it was a devided from another thread on vegans i think

secondly if you had actually seen the full thread progression the question MetaKron was asked was "what proof do you have that australian RSPCA workers are abusing there authority and "deserve to be shot""

to which he refused to post ANY proof what so ever, he is just a small little man who oviously got caught raping his sheep and procuted for it.

Lastly as to your point on there being SOME cases of abuse, im sure there are. All law enforcement oprganisations end up with some bad apples. As VI said, some people get in for the power, insted of the job. That doesnt prove anything at all about the organisation itself

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Note the quality of the rebutting side, Fenris. Asguard's prose is precious. I hope that it stays there for all posterity to see.

Yes, I did post evidence.

14. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Are animal rights activists particularly violent?

15. Public Opinion Registered Member

Judicial Review Needed

This is a very serious topic, the RSPCA are the UK's largest and wealthiest charity, they weild enormous financial and political support.
    Whilst on the whole they do a great job protecting animals from abuse, cruelty and neglect, They are not monitored at all by any external body, the SSPCS and the RSPB both relinquished their prosecution powers under public pressure. The problem with the RSPCA is that as soon as you criticise what they do you get thousands of animal lovers defending them.
    There needs to be a full review of their tactics, at least they have a conflict of interest due to the revenue they raise from media exposure around prosecutions, at worst they are targeting vunerable groups with fabricated prosecutions to raise funds.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OK, who starts a post like that?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

MetaKron you are so transparent.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They're pretty handy with firebombs:

Car in Santa Cruz, also a home invasion.

Another article about the same attacks

Edythe London's home was hit at least three times, twice with fire and once with water

The managing director of Huntingdon Life Sciences was beaten.

The atmosphere of violence, which has often been potentially deadly, has a chilling effect on those who could be persuasive if they felt that their own families and animals would not be harmed if they spoke out. Every activist in existence these days takes advantage of the atmosphere of terror. There is so much violence, so much sneakiness, and so much taking advantage of fear, that I have to wonder if my statement should have been mere hyperbole. Maybe morality and the rule of law might dictate that at least some of the activists should be taken out and shot, or worse, left to rot in some dungeon. Terrorists of any kind should be tried and executed, not hired for executive positions in animal rights organizations like the HSUS.

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You do remember the false accusation that Phloggy made against Public Opinion in that thread, don't you? That's where he got the bit about the sock puppet.

Cheap tactics like that are like showing a card saying "I'm an ALF member and I like it when people's houses are set on fire."

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Nope, can't say that I do. And I think you are confusing ALF with ELF. Hmmm, maybe not. I get my zealots confused.

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you might have a point if metakron were complaining just that improper things happened. Which no matter how careful a group it is going to happen to some extent. That's not what he was doing. He was attacking the entire group with no evidence that it was widespread and when asked to do so claimed he already did when in fact all he had done was present isolated instances. He also attacked IMO their very mission. He was being treated like he was for making outlandish statements with no proof than attacking anyone who called him on it.

21. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

There is no substantial difference.

22. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Why are SOME animal rights activists so intolerant?
    is a fair question, but the answer is rather obvious.....
    groups of activists - whether those who share your beliefs, or who oppose them - have members who are intolerant.

23. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Intolerance is the philosophy of animal rights.