Whom should we hate?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Sparkofbliss, Oct 5, 2011.

1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Sure. Whatever that is.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I have recently experienced feeling hatred for the first time(or maybe not-it was a passing feeling, but more intense than any anger I've known, with a conspiring nature behind it), and I think you're absolutely right. Although, in my case, I was upset because the entire group of people I was with wouldn't was yelling at me for something I'm pretty sure never happened(others have told me nothing happened), in a setting where none of them were at to be witness. Also, I was pretty drunk. However, I do remember fleeting thoughts bordering depression earlier on in the day, just like you describe.

Should hate: If you have to, those who have wronged you, real or imagined.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Dont be afraid of them. Stand up for yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

I disagree with this. I think hatred towards a group stems from a perceived threat from that group, or an attempt to establish (to yourself) superiority. The most vocal racists I've met are also the dumbest, and they know they're dumb.

In other words, if a person truly feels superior to a group and perceives no threat from them he can remain smugly indifferent about establishing that superiority.