Whoa!! This looks so awesome!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Hopefully I'm right.

But anyway, the miniseries for Frank Herbert's Children of Dune appears to be rolling around in production, I'm having a look at the awesome new flash site, there's some great new pictures of the cast.

Rgghghghh I can't wait!!! It's going to be so awesome!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I hope it's better than Dune was. I can't believe how much that movie sucked. Worst 3 hours of my life.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

You're talking about the movie, right? That did suck, beyond belief I might add, I swear to god they used the same footage of that spaceship flying through the mist a million times. The movie would have been half as long without it.

But if you're talking about the miniseries, could you explain why?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Wow! Maybe SciSuck channel is worth it.... Nah Im still mad about farscape, Im bitter darn it! Cant I just be bitter!?

Whats yalls take on taken...:bugeye:

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I watched maybe ten minutes of it, the miniseries seemed so bland...they could have done it so much better. I'd give it a C.

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

They did change the SciFi channel logo. It looks much better now. Oh and they got new promotional commercials for the channel... some of them are just creepy.:bugeye:

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Pollux: yeah, I love the books (never seen the miniseries though), but my God that movie was terrible.

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Ehh...the scifi logo looks ooooookay, I do like the commercials but I think I liked it before they changed everything.

With Taken, though they had an oppurtunity to make things very artistic and stylish, and they didn't capitalize upon it at all. Which makes it suck, in my opinion.

And yes the movie was awful. "Why would the bene gesserit want to murder the Duke's son? Why would the bene gesserit want to murder the Duke's son? Why would the bene gesserit want to murder the Duke's son?"

In the beggining....The Padishah Emperor says that...

12. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I simply hate movies where you can easily tell what is real and what is studio. It just ruins the whole film for me. For example, in the movie Epoch there's a scene of an encampment in the desert, and you can actually see exactly where the studio set ends and the painted background begins. Not only that, but they used the exact same painting of this large meteor-like object in the distance, the clouds were exactly the same every time. Same thing happened with Dune, the graphics were so cheesy that it simply ruined the movie, not to mention it was boring as hell =/

13. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I agree wtih myself. Farscape has better graphics then any TV movie or any TV show right now. Just awesome graphics.... I love it.

14. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

*gasp!* even better than Enterprise? =P

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yep even better then enterprise... I dont even watch that show anymore. Whats been going on?

Oh and taken aint that bad so far. Its gotten better, like some unexpected plot twists, if yall are going to start watching it watch it now. Go to the scifi channel website and you can read up on what has happend. But do NOT miss this.

Me preaching about scifi channel!!!:bugeye: I think that thats one of the 1,745,987 signs of the coming apocalypse.

16. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

hm, I used to get Sci-Fi channel, but them my parents replaced it with Discovery Channel =/ And I hate DC...

17. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

Dune was the most brilliant movie ever! Me and my friends spent hours laughing at it! Greatest hours of MY life, spent laughing.

18. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Sure, they can make Children of Dune by why did they skip Dune: Messiah??

19. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Maia are you talking about the movie or the miniseries? The movie sucked, the miniseries was awesome.

I think they'll include Messiah in Children but since not a whole helofa lot happened in Messiah then they won't have much trouble incorporating the two together.