Who....?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Satyr, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Satyr Banned Banned

Who's more obtuse, a fly, a carrot or IceAgeCivilization?

Would you choose his level of stupidity if it meant you had a small hope of going to heaven?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

there is no heaven.
    Respect others.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Oh hell yes.
    Heaven would be a form of immortality - who could turn that down? I would hope, though, that I could then demand that god made me smart.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Satyr Banned Banned

I would choose an eternity of oblivion rather than a minute of his stupidity and weakness.
    It's funny until you realize that he votes.

8. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Thus the qualifier. It would be terribly disappointing to have to remain stupid, yes. Then again, having chosen stupidity in order to go to heaven, I would go there in the hopes of being cured of it.
    If god didn't cure me at that point, would I then know or care that I was stupid?

9. Satyr Banned Banned

Good point.
    But what if God is a masochist?

I always beleived in inequality and the decline of the human species due to multiple factors, I just didn't realize how far along we've gone, how bad things have gotten until I ran across this turd that calls itself IceAgeCivilizations.
    He's not only a dim-wit, but he's convinced himself that he's part of the chosen few.

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

He is not dumb satyr. You must really think that everybody is dumb....

11. Fenris Wolf Banned Banned

Wonderful. Now I'm going to have to read something of his when I get home from work. 12 hours of hell begins now.

Adios, and thanks for the smile.

12. Satyr Banned Banned

Is the phenomenon, the circumstances, that produce turds like IceAgeCivilization, and then shields them from the ravages of their own simplicity something we should be concerned about or is he a harmless birdbrain, an unthreatening dimwit, just trying to do the best he can with what nature, and that cruel cruel God of his, gave him?

13. draqon Banned Banned

...I think you crossed the lines here. I am hoping I am correct in this statement and appropriate action will be taken.

14. Satyr Banned Banned

Oooooh I'm scared.
    That hall-monitor is gonna get the principle.

It's when these imvbeciles are protected and given false respect that they begin believing that what they say is making sense or that it deserves seriuos consideration.

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Depends on the numbers...which are thankfully diminishing.

The Anglican church is so hard up for members that they've taken to crass advertising, just like any other corporation.

16. Satyr Banned Banned

That's not true.
    You failed to consider the fact that religions always flourish in times of trouble and diminish in times of plenty.

The growing numbers of imbeciles simply become followers of other absurd ideals or get caught up in the rat-race or occupy their tiny brains with sports or beer-drinking or politics.

Civilization depends on stupidity to keep itself growing and going.

Consider the numbers still beleiving in UFO abductions and in ghosts and in Astrology.

17. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

IAC is smart. He may be mad, depending on one's point of view, but madness doesn't equate to stupidity.

18. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Civilization needs both genius and stupidity.

Do you want to be a ditch digger...no?

But you realize that 'somebody' has to dig your ditches.

And you also rely on genius in create things like medical science, computers, advanced communications, etc.

The problem is when the lower end of the spectrum is given an equal voice in leadership...which is why Im all in favour of a reformed 'conditional' democracy.

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

poor IAC, i gotta hand it to 'im tho', he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

20. Genji Registered Senior Member

Draqon needs a soft tissue rub.

21. Carcano Valued Senior Member

His religion promises exaltation in the face of adversity.

As Nietzsche stated - blood is no seal of truth.

Meaning that nothing is proven simply because one suffers for it.

22. Genji Registered Senior Member

IAC is THE most Ignorelist Worthy poster at SF. I wish there were a way for him to flush himself down a toilet.

23. Satyr Banned Banned

Here...here!!!!

And that's the problem with democracy, isn't it?

It offers a voice to the simpleton and then relies on the manipulation of the simpleton to remain healthy.
    This means that it produces simplicity, stupidity, as a necessary element.

Genius is rare.
    Do not misconstrue specialization with "genius".

Intellect is always challenging and less easy to dicipline and to control.

IceAgeCivilization's "stamina, as leopold99 described it is the product of this "blind faith".
    He percieves all attacks on him and his absurd belief as a test - his resistance becomes a badge of honor for him.
    There's no reasoning with him because there is no reason present. It's all emotion and instinct.
    He needs this belief to survive, to manage, to cope, and so no amount of evidence can sway him away from it. In fact it only serves to strengthen his resolve.

This is a form of retardation: it is a stagnating mind, a stunted psychology, caught in a hole life dug for it.
    Usually these 'born agains' or those that suddenly discover "salvation" go through a traumatic experience, a life threatening circumstance, where they feel vulnerable and lost and they then grab onto the first thing that offers a glimmer of hope.
    These individuals are usually weak and superficial to begin with.

It is usually something immediate and culturally accesible that ofers them relief, like religion.
    If he had been born in an Islamic environment then the Qu'ran would be his "Bible" and his world view would be entirely shaped by this single source.

If this is not retardation then what is?
    Shall we pull our punches and protect this imbecile from reality because we feel sorry for him?

That's how you get George W. as president.