Who would've won the cold war if it went hot

Discussion in 'History' started by fedr808, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

That's why they all need to go.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Law. How else ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

lol what "Law" has the authority to remove all firearms from EVERYONE?

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Huh, from civilians of course.

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

hehe ok, how do the civilians enforce this law?

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

There are plenty of countries that have such a law though. The Netherlands for example.

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

But the Netherlands has guns, The Dutch have a small force in Afghanistan.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They are not civilians.
    I meant ban guns for civilians, with the exception of policemen etc of course.
    There is not private gun ownership in the Netherlands. There are only two exceptions I know of and that is some people involved in shooting sports and hunters. And they have to get physiological tests and stuff before the can request a special license.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

If the shit started going down hill the layers would be headed for home themselves, the Joes in the Military won't disarm the American Public, they found that out a few years ago, they ran a survey, and found out the Troops believe in the Constitution as it is written, in the common language.

And Blue Helmets aren't welcome here at all, by the Military or the Population.

as to the layers of Military, most of those are over seas, not in CONUS.

The biggest military force in CONUS, is the National Guard, and their loyalties are local.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  14. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Now just exactly how are you going to do that with out starting another civil war?

15. Exeter Registered Senior Member

The truth of the matter is beyond our apparently limited ability to do the "right thing." The Russians could not be allowed to attain Nuclear Weapons, at any cost. In 1949, Little Joe made his Commie debut. The rest is of course, history. The truth is, we created it. Doesn't matter the debating otherwise. If there is ever a catastrophy involving the proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, the United States is ultimately responsible. We invented it, we let it escape, that's the cold hard truth. WW2 was not over. The most important struggle was set before a war-weary world, and we failed. Don't tell me it could not have been done. Even with the images of Red Cross Women handing out donuts to Russian soldiers, and calling Stalin "Uncle Joe", the truth was known; The Russians were never our friends. Ever. We should have turned around and beat the Hell out of them, which we could have done handily. If nothing else, just ponder for a moment the thought of Russia never having attained the technology, and the subsequent spread of the same Worldwide.

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Once Einstein wrote e=mc^2, that genie was out of that bottle forever. If we hadn't built the first operational nuclear weapon, somebody else would have. Look around. Pakistan, India, and several other countries not noted for being on the leading edge of science have developed the technology independently. It was bound to happen.

If we hadn't invented the A-bomb, the Russians might have done it first. Now is that a scary thought? The Brits, French and Israelis would certainly have done it on their own whether we had one or not.

e=mc^2. It all started there.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Why are you bringing it up in this thread - we are talking about military's ...with guns.

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ahem... I hate to admit this, but Canada gave them Nuclear technology.

I'd like to think it was a conniving attempt to stem immigration from these lands...but Canada was actually stupid enough to think they'd only use nuclear technology for power.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hell the Germans weren't that far from their own bomb in WWII, and there seems to be some evidence that the Japanese may have had a working A bomb, and tested it in Korea, it was called F-Go, and was conducted at Konan, in what is now N.Korea, and other then this little information, and a few articles, most is still classified, 63 years later.

Atomic program of the Imperial Japanese Navy

But as you say, once Einstein came up with E = mc2 , the race was on.

20. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

If the USS Indianapolis had been sunk a week earlier what could of happened?

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Err.. Buffalo brought it up. I disagreed with him and then you disagreed with me.. :shrug:

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Still doesn't matter, if guns exist, they get used for good or for ill.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

umm u guys, i can make a different thread about what would happen after the cold war if it went hot, because this is not the place to talk about it and it is off topic.