Who would win??

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by UberDragon, Nov 14, 2002.

?

Who would win???

1. The Jedi

32 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. Spider-Man

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. Arditezza Banned Banned

Agreed.

One web and a tug and a Jedi Knight could be catapulted into the side of a building faster than he could weave through the web that makes up Spidey's mind. Spiderman is no dummy, and has a good grasp of physics and science. Who knows what he could really do.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shadarlocoth Registered Senior Member

look up jedi master power list from the RPG game there is a full list of there powers there.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I'd agree that it depends on who it is. Luke? Darth Vader? Palpitine? Yoda? Jedi, hands down. For the lower ranks, it would depend o nthe individual much more. If they dismiss Spiderman, or underestimate him, they'd get their arses handed to them. If they keep their head though, the outcome is suddenly much less predictable. I'd say the same about Spider-Man. If he loses his head, he'll get teh crap beat out of him.

A few things:

A lot of people here don't seem to realize that there is not just the movies that are being drawn on for the Star Wars side of this. There's enough books to make a small library(especially if you include fan fiction), and the previously mentioned RPS.

The RPS utilizes a standardized list of powers so you can do the dice rolls. While it tries to be comprehensive, don't limit yourself.

Has Spider-Man ever gone up against someone with psychic-like powers, like the Force?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ste_harris Net Ninja Registered Senior Member

I guessed that they were taken from a game, and i understand that they
    count as part of the Jedi mythos, but i was asking where you had gotten
    your information on Spider-Man...

Well since he's been around for the past 40+ years, and the marvel universe
    is home to all variety of nutters with powers and a menagerie of mutants, i
    can say that he's more than likely fought someone with force like powers,
    just not recently or that i can remember.

I've been looking into this, and im seeing a lot of similarities between Luke
    Skywalker and Spider-Man, they both have a type of precognition (The
    Force/Spider sense) and their origins are very similar. Both were raised by
    aunt and uncle not knowing the truth about their parents till much later on.
    Both turned to a heroic life of responsibility due to the death(s) of the
    people/person that raised them.
    Strange isn't it.

Really the question should be revised, which Jedi? which version of Spider-Man?
    For a while Spider-Man was granted near limitless power(Captain universe),
    and has had the aid of an alien symbyiote costume(which evolved into
    venom) and so on and so on, i'm not even going to mention the clones.

8. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I don’t think that the mind tricks would work on spidy. Even if we assume that spidy’s mutation didn’t make him immune to mind tricks (remember, a lot of species seem to be immune to them) I don’t think that a jedi can use a mind trick on someone in the middle of a fight. If they could, then why didn’t Obi-wan use them on Jengo Fet in Attack of the Clones? It seems more like the sort of thing that you use to confuse/trick someone who only has a casual interest in you and hasn’t already decided to try to kill you.

I think that spidy could cause a lot of trouble for a jedi. He’s definitely a lot stronger and faster than a jedi – like someone else said, he could probably snap most jedi in two if he actually got in close enough, and with his speed and reflexes it seems unlikely that a jedi would be able to hit him with a lightsaber. On the other hand, a lightsaber would probably be pretty effective for keeping spidy at bay; even he would probably think twice about closing with someone who was swinging around 5 feet of glowing death. I think in the end it would all come down to whether or not spidy could tie a jedi up in his web. The jedi might be able to bat it out of the way with his lightsaber or deflect it with force powers. Maybe spidy could fire some kind of a ‘wide area’ web that was too large for the jedi to easily block with a lightsaber. It would certainly be an interesting fight to see, though.