who watches Ancient Alien series on History channel

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by river, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

How is that question relevant to the subject?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Well then you have no business being in this thread—it's not in the Arts & Culture forum.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Oh, really??? It's most certainly NOT a scientific topic regardless of having been thrown into the "Human Science" category. :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

It was very interresting, intill they started to talk about the greek mythologies and such things and making their gods as to be aliens who came to earth and etc etc... I think that that was hilarous.

8. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

could please stick to the subject! if you insist on adding meaningless input you should leave this topic and go somewhere else

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

haha indeed! and how is greek mythology hilarious? what are gods anyway?

10. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Uh - hellooooo... The word you're looking for is "laid".

When an egg comes out of the chicken, the egg has been laid. When the chicken comes out of the egg, the egg has hatched.

11. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

Ah, great another chicken expert!

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Quite right. Just keep in mind it is imagination with no evidence that it is tied to reality. It is fun to make wild conjectures, it is just that people (I for one) get annoyed when the History Channel has programs that just pander to ratings and as opposed to informing, they disinform.

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Well, if you made even the slightest attempt to use the actual proper terms (this IS supposed to be a science-based site anyway) people wouldn't be taking potshots at your apparent ignorance. :shrug:

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

It would help to explain this rather odd side track into poultry husbandry.:shrug:

15. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

again I ask you in simple english what is your argument on this topic?

16. gmilam Valued Senior Member

At least I'm not clueless.

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Not the greek gods and mythologies are hilarous, I have always thought that most myths must have an origin for that story that have been turned into a myth and etc...
    What I found hilarous, again, I said "I", is the part that Thor and Appolo were aliens wih super technology and such things.

However I'm not denying the possibility of ancient aliens on Earth, no not at all, not denying the possibility that there have been no ancient aliens (E.T to be more precice) on Earth too).

And gods are those special beings or sometimes people or mystical beings (like 1/3 a man, 1/3 a lion and 1/3.. a worm..) that are considered as with super powers or as beings that have the controll over life (nature, people, destiny, etc...) and that can help people or hurt people and controll things.. I don't know if this was good ennuf description, I guess.

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I have no argument. And unlike you, I've used clear and precise English in stating my position.

19. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

apparently just just dropped into a subject from 3 pages ago...definitely clueless

20. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

In order to interpret what people at that particular time saw from the ground you have to visualize yourself been in their shoes or sandals. Then from a vantage point given the mental knowledge and attitude of how people gave meaning to things you decide what you understood when these so called strange people came down from the skies with smoke and roars of thunder. Take that sequence and compare it today.

21. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

Imagine this senario, what would the appolo module landing on mount olympus look to ordinary people in ancient greek times?

22. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Why would aliens come to Earth and construct not only the hard to explain Great Pyramids, but several pyramids that appear to be prototypes , like the Bent Pyramid and the Pyramid of Zoser, which appear to be nothing more that a stacking of traditional mustaba? Why did the aliens need to engage in such trial and error?

In fact it is not true that as you go farther back structures get bigger....because plain old mustaba predate the Great Pyramids. Avebury ring is one of the oldest stone henges (and its stones were lain before the larger Stonehenge stones), and it is a *smaller* construction than Stonehenge (edit: at least in terms of the size of the stones used), but there is ample evidence that earth and wood henges existed on those sites before stone was ever used.

So, why are there so many ancient and large stone structures at all? Because large stone structures last longer than smaller stone structures, and far longer than wooden or brick ones. They also tend to be more famous. There are the remains of many, many earth, wood and stone henges in Europe, Stonehenge is just one of them, and the one with the largest stones. The Great Pyramids, as we see them are the skeletons of what used to be, as in their true heyday they were gleaming white and their sides smooth, all of which has eroded over time.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  23. Creeping Death Out of darkness came light Registered Senior Member

Yeah why would aliens build them? you said it not me!