Who Wants to See the End of The American Empire?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Nobody, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Nobody Suspended Indefinitely Registered Senior Member

Who here looks forward to the day in which America stops being a domineering force concerned with maintaining a brutal hegemony and instead becomes what it was intended to be by its founders?

Who looks forward to the day when our resources are put towards creating a fairer society for our citizens rather than maintaining a costly supremacy that achieves very little for them?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but that's an *extremely* stupid title!! There is NO such thing as an "American Empire". :bugeye:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Thomas Jefferson was quite happy with projecting American power overseas, I don't know why you would say that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

"instead becomes what it was intended to be by its founders?"

Are we referring to the people who did not include wimmen and negroes in free people and burned down native American villages and replaced them with colonial settlements?

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It has never been a "fair" society but it is a better society than other dictatorships that don't give their people any rights at all and only the rich can enjoy a life of pleasure.

9. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I'm not one to particularly trust Wikipedia, but, you know, most people around here accept it as the gold standard. So I wouldn't say it is "extremely" stupid, maybe a wee controversial.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire#Modern_period

10. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Frankly, I'd like to see an end to all but local government. To do this, we need to see an end to all but local currencies. Humanity is advanced enough now I think. We don't really need to be destroying each other or stealing from one another, do we?

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

My point is that the kid who started this nonsense has NO idea what an "Empire" is. America has NO intention nor desire to take over the land of other nations.

And I freely call him a KID based on this thread and all the other silly threads/posts he's made here. He actually knows next to nothing about any subject whatsoever. So either he's just childish or his education failed him completely - doesn't matter which. :shrug:

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Who Wants to See the End of The American Empire? Al Quida! But of course, they want their own empire.

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, chimpkin, I can see your thinking.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

However, the USA fits the definition in NO way or means.

Empire: a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.

We rule over NO other nation and have no desire to do so. We also demand no tribute (taxes) from populations other than our own. In fact, quite to the contrary - we SUPPLY AID to a number of other countries and have been doing so for decades.

As to the age of the OP, all one has to do is read some of his posts here and it's glaringly obvious. His thinking is childish, simple, shallow and indicates a lack of education. I suspect he's just an ordinary kid from Russia that hasn't yet finished the first stage of his education and picks up stuff from those around him or websites of dubious reputation (like the ones that say America is an Empire).

15. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

:scratchin:

Is that what you would say about Clueless Husband?

Interesting hypothesis. Personally, I kind of like him. He brings a refreshing innocence to the board, and he is non-confrontational. Please don't scare him away by being mean. He has started some really creative threads.

To your point about not being mature or educated? Not so sure. I think he could be very much so. This particular character seems to have a very Greek identity to it. But then, you don't really pay as much attention to detail as I do I suppose. This thread here seems to have a very well educated and defined point of view. I'm not giving an opinion on it's accuracy or it's analysis, just it's maturity.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=110711

Have you tried posting in this thread?
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=110644&page=2
    It's a creative thread where the old adage goes, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. . . lol

Due to the amount of threads he's started, but with the few amount of posts he's made, I'm beginning to think he's somehow associated with a mod. or admin. Like a seeder of threads if you will. You know me, always suspicious. So watch yourself before you start to criticize Plazma or one of his hired guns. . .

Most threads are ok I guess. I have always just felt new members should read first, then start posting, and then after that start threads. Hell, my first thread was started for me, pretty much against my will. lol

16. superstring01 Moderator

Generally those who want some other empire, typically their own in it's place.

Don't count on the USA going away anytime soon.

~String

17. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Actually, I retract what I said in my previous post. Something really just didn't seem right when I sat I meditated on the whole thing for a bit. . .

I was fooled, you got me. I thought, if he is Russian, then there is NO WAY that he could have written that one thread. The Greek crisis

Read-Only, you were absolutely correct. That one thread that Nobody posted, just didn't seem in character with the other stuff he had posted, so I selected it and did a Google search on it. As it turns out, the entire OP was plagiarized from here. .
    http://www.historum.com/current-events-history-making/11728-greek-crisis.html
    Not only that, the date on it is March 2nd, 2010, 07:17 PM I would think if you are going to plagiarize from another forum regarding a current event story. . . you could, well, make it current? :shrug: At least that way you could claim that it is your Avatar on another site and you are only guilty of re-posting. I don't think anyone would believe that at this point. This I believe this is far more serious. In fact, I feel sort of violated and ew. . . icky. I'm no longer reading anything posted by this character from here on out.

(And people around here that know me, I am VERY tolerant of everyone, but I have no patience for dishonesty and lies though.)

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The only thing you've said above that I agree with is the progression new members should work through. The rest completely misses the mark.

For example, that thread you linked to about the Greek fiscal crisis. It's an OBVIOUS case of pure plagiarism, pure and simple. It's an editorial that he found online and did a copy/paste of. And it's also VERY offensive to post something like that without giving credit to the original source!

So all you've accomplished here is knocking down his personal integrity several more notches, sorry.

Incidentally, your statement about attention to detail is completely false. I'm a HIGHLY detailed individual - and you are not. Otherwise, you would have caught his act of plagiarism if by no other means than recognizing all the spelling errors he commonly makes while that post contained NO spelling or grammatical errors - not a single one. He's incapable of such clarity of writing.

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Congratulations! You made this post while I was still working on mine and carrying out a conversation at the same time. Glad to see you've come to your senses.

20. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I plan on ruling the world one day . Are you with Me !! ??I am an American too . One world order . World America . Mary Ca . Its "A Mary Ca. " She will bake cookies and burn your town .

Just joking , Don't hang me yet . I won't burn your town . I might bake you cookies if your good little boys and girls. Might Have to talk to Otis Spunkmeyer. See if he could help Me out

21. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Seek the help of the elves. If they can defeat the mighty monster, they will help you prevail. . . .

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

god dang me i seen a lot of blue monsters today

23. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Ha-ha! Good one - I like it.