Who is the most spiritually advanced member of Sciforums?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by wynn, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

No, he just must do the best he/she can in their life to be the best they can be for no one is without problems.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

A garden fence, finer then nano in gauge, that can be only passed by the most naked of one's bared essence, needs no sentry for the contently-focused berry groomers and grazers that pass there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In my defense, the fallacy was just the icing on the cake - it was the blatant attack on common human decency that irritated me most, especially having watched my own grandfather pass away not three years ago... the one man in my life that was a true father to me... and the one family member who actually treated me like a decent human being. Nobody should be forced to watch anyone else die... and to say it doesn't change you is utter nonsense.

And as you said - sometimes the use of emotion can add emphasis to a point. When it alone is the entire basis of your argument, however, it is a simple fallacy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. keith1 Guest

In a spiritual context, "moral" and "immoral" may be considered two excessive behavioral conditions. These collective behaviors may be retained to the spirit as "extra irremovable weight"-- adding to a higher level of eternal "workload" to the individual. Understanding these conditions may be a more efficient deterrent to entering unwanted behavior states.

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Just went through that Feb of last year with my old mom in the nursing home. She just quit eating, drinking, taking her meds, pulled out the oxygen tubes from her nose. I had to talk to her about what would happen because that. My son was with me, it was very hard, depressing and no fun whatsoever. She died that evening. Yeah, that changes your' perspective on things, for sure.

9. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Being forced to watch and choosing to be there when they die because you love them and they love you is a whole other situation. You become much more aware and so do they when you are with them that they are loved.

10. keith1 Guest

Sentimental "last days" details are adjustable:

--Environment (home, nursing facility, nursing staff, non-family events, family events)
    --Causes/treatment of pain
    --Personal health/diet/mental health practice levels of "last year(s)"
    --Level of relationship between family members.
    --Preparation, rehearsal, dress rehearsal.

Personally, I like the end of Lord of the Rings "sailing off to new adventure" scenario.
    Prepared, purposeful, bittersweet.
    And the Annie Lennox song.

Or Amazing Grace with bagpipes.
    Or Thus Sprach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001 Space Odyssey)
    Or all three on a loop.

I have personally requested from my family:
    --dumpster dump (if funds allow, upgrade to... "flaming dumpster")
    --theme from Kelly's Heroes (Burning Bridges)
    They thought that was funny.
    Salty waters, tickled cheek, heart losing weight.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  11. Neverfly Banned Banned

Aww... I can't take it anymore.

C'mon you lot- Group hug!

C'mere Stoniphi, you big bald headed lurch, you.

So much love all of the sudden from such a negative thread.

Rock on.

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Hey man, this is life. It was her time. I believe she passed to the other side. I wish you all the best my friend, may you be graced again by the joy of new life.

RIP.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

While this is true, it is also untrue... I did not "have" to be there to watch my grandfather pass, in the strictest sense (nobody was holding a gun to my head and forcing me to be there)... but where else should/could I have been? Emotionally and spiritually, there was no "choice" - I had to be there with him in his last moments, even though he was technically "braindead" (which I still disagree with as he would respond to us talking in subtle but visible ways)... but no, I HAD to be there.

14. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Oh, please.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You contend that what I said is untrue?

16. keith1 Guest

It seems I have met the requirements of the OP.

Evidence:
    (1) presented first-hand account of the dynamics of claimed advanced spirituality.
    (2) demonstrated the strength of claimed faith in (1), with an added promise of a lie detector test.
    (3) all other spiritual-dynamic members cannot repeat or match (1) & (2).
    (4) all members who are not "spiritual", cannot repeat or match (1) & (2).

Conclusion:
    Keith1 has shown exemplary spiritual depth and validity, and rightly claims the OP's mantle of "most spiritually advanced member of Sciforums".

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  17. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

The most spiritually advanced member is the one who doesn't give a damn about the question.

18. keith1 Guest

The evidence that "the most spiritually advanced member is the one who doesn't give a damn about the question", doesn't apply to Keith1, who has made a rightful claim to that status, so would give a damn, even if it negated the claims of all atheists and all theists who were participating, or who were not aware of the OP, as well as those who don't give a damn.

19. Neverfly Banned Banned

Now that Keith has claimed the prize... Can we have a thread on the most Evolutionarily Advanced member?

20. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Noting that it took you only 2 minutes to arrive at that, you are placing eveyon else at a serious disadvantage.

The check's in the mail, payable in Yap stone dollars.

Some may have their virtual money, but this is what others call transcendental money. More better. Spiritually that is.

21. Neverfly Banned Banned

That's nuthin'... You should see my other evolutionary advantage...:xctd:

22. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I know, I have it too. Sometimes I think it's a curse. Yeah... everytime I'm trying to groove to my favorite music, my perfect pitch creeps in and all I see is all those notes, properly notated with articulation and accents and the whole 9 yards.

Speaking of 9 yards... oh yeah... perfect pitch. It matters.

I guess if we can't meet some arbitrary definition of "spiritual" we can at least remain relevant for being "spirited". I would even go so far as to say it takes soul.

23. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

define Evolutionary Advanced..