Who is the most spiritually advanced member of Sciforums?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by wynn, Jul 23, 2010.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The whole exercise is a fraud. The more you look for spirituality, the further away you get from the immediate truth of your own being.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

That was very deep, Spider. I am newly registered here. But, I am not new to this forum. I have been reading threads for a few months now. I know most of you have been here longer. ( years longer ) I was injured a few months ago, and started surfing the web. Somehow I came across Sci-forums. And since that time, have spent upto 16 hours a day, just reading old threads, some 10 years old. Found some things that were posted very eye opening. Though I am newly registered, I almost feel like I know some of you. Including yourself Spider. Most of the "Regulars" I have much respect for, others not so much. Some are trollers, haters, and the like. I.E Bashadi. Think I spelled that right. Saw that name so many times. What a smug dude. I see he has been banned though. ( Cool ) Sorry for the rambling, I just wanted to say I have much respect for most of you, and find most of you spiritual.
    Gremmie

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

the "truth of one's being" being?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lightgigantic Banned Banned

quite ironic to award it to a patronizer of reductionism .....

8. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by that LG? Please specify.
    If you mean I said Spider was most "siritual" I never said who was MOST spritual. Then again, maybe you can define spiritual for me. I never claimed to be the wisest man in the world.
    Gremmie.

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I would have to ask you to define "spiritual" since I'm pretty sure that a reductionist would label it as an insult as opposed to a compliment.

10. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Point taken LG.. Perhaps I have a different definition of spirituality though. Certainly not saying mine would be correct for everybody. And I certainly didn't mean to insult anyone. My main message in my previous post was, that I feel like I know many of you after reading so many of your posts over the last few months. Many of you post often, and stand by your convictions. ( including yourself. ) Maybe I should have used the word "respect" instead of using the word spiritual. I have read many of your posts as well LG. Mainly in the religion forum. I can't say I agree with all you say, but certainly respect your right to say what you do.
    Take care,
    Gremmie

11. Ja'far at-Tahir Grand Ayatollah of SciForums Registered Senior Member

Me.

Case closed.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

If a man claims to be a wise man, then surely he does not know. Case closed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the forums Gremmie!

14. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Thanks so much Joe... A pleasure to be here with people that like to discuss. Some like to argue, I am not 1 of those. A debate is cool though.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Ja'far at-Tahir Grand Ayatollah of SciForums Registered Senior Member

So Nietzsche was a fool?

16. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Not really sure what you mean... I never knew that Nietzche claimed to be a wise man.
    Of course, he also said "God is dead". No one ever proved "God" ever lived. If one never lived, surely one can not die.
    Just food for thought.
    Gremmie.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

A very good point Gremmie.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Meeeeeeeeeeeeow!

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Being something that can't be easily distilled in words, and if it were, it would probably not have the same directness. It's not information, it's an experience.

20. lightgigantic Banned Banned

so in other words if someone isn't plagued by your same issues of ignorance, they are wrong ....
    :shrug:

21. John99 Banned Banned

Well one may conclude that the most successful (in anything) is often times the most deluded. Now what does that mean and should we worry?

Well even the most mundane\simplest tasks require a modicum of delusion but there is positive delusion and negative delusion.

22. John99 Banned Banned

To prove my analysis i would simply point to the aging process. Yes, i think that lays the foundation so the final conclusion, if delusion and aging go hand in hand, is that it is ingrained in the intelligent creature. Not learned but accepted as reality. Here we have delusion within acceptable limits and unfortunately delusion beyond acceptable limits.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Why? On what evidence?

Really? What delusion is required to open a packet of cornflakes?

Bull.

Do delusion and ageing go hand in hand?

You're deluded if you think you're making any sort of point.