Who is the Best Moderator???

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Zakariya04, Sep 2, 2007.

?

best mod

1. Stryder

9.4%
  2. SAM

18.8%
  3. Skinny Walker

18.8%
  4. Spidey

6.3%
  5. Absane

3.1%
  6. Athelwolf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Avatar

3.1%
  8. Cris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Fraggle Rocker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Goofyfish

3.1%
  11. invert_nexus

6.3%
  12. kmguru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Pete

3.1%
  14. superstring99

15.6%
  15. Tiassa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Tristan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. vslayer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Other Option

12.5%
  19. (Q)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I can see the following happening:

Sciforums Encyclopaedia introduces a new Moderator that is so unbiased he neither exists, posts or even moderates.

Somebody don's a sock puppet in that moderators name, in doing so manages to get banned by the whole forums administration and moderators. This leads to civil war over posters that believe that Errr was a fair and just moderator, when in reality it's just Rotty.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would have voted for you but my mouse clicked on SAM. Sam has a thing for rodents and they can sense that.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ripley Valued Senior Member

I think S.A.M. would make a good lobbyist.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

8. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Ooh. Yes please.

9. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Yeah: a good booby-trappist.

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear Chewing gum

thank you for posting the attack on the amzing bell by Saty... As i was not involved in this thread i can not really comment. however Satry did seem quite vulgar in his attack and the last sentence was not very pleasant at all.

i am sure the AMazing bell dealt with it in her own amazing way.

Oh and where is this Satry character nowadays??!?!?

~~~~~~~~
    thanks
    zak

11. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Obvious reason to vote for 'um...

All other apparatchiks should follow this sterling example with fanatical devotion, and commit seppuku the moment they feel the urge to do otherwise.
    (except when banning "Fathead Newman" - aka Poll Potato, which should be a required rite of initiation).

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Ha! I should have known.
    That sneaky dead dog.
    I retract my endorsement of Errr.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I dont have any issues with any moderator, to me they are all doing a good job. So no sense in picking one :shrug:

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wasn't he Invader Zim's robot dog?

15. Ripley Valued Senior Member

I never said it was an attack. He simply rang the backdoor bell—which usually happens for lack of a front door bell. You see, Zakariya, when someone unceremoniously locks you out of your own intellectual property—not even a publisher could do such a thing—it's reasonable to assume and expect that that someone will get pissed off.

It's odd that people can only identify unpleasantness from just words alone, n'est pas?

Rather amazing, yes.

16. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Good Morning Chewing Gum

I hope you are well.

Thank you for elaborating on the Satry situation with her Amazingness bell, however as you only gave me a snippet of the information i could only assess the situation by what you have posted. I did say in my initial thoughts that as i was not around when this occurred i could not really comment.

Not when you only give them words too read though, what do you expect tom infer from the last setence if that is all you posted.

~~~~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

17. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Of course, I'm sorry. Bells locked Satyr's The Feminization of Man thread, out of the blue. I guess she might've been doing some house cleaning at home at the time and couldn't quite cease and desist when she logged on to Sciforums.

18. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi chewing gum,

thank you for telling me this important peice of information.

But are you sure she did it out of the blue did she not give a reason why it was closed?

~~~~~~~
    Cheers
    zak

19. Ripley Valued Senior Member

She said more or less, in a nutshell, that the thread had degenerated and was no longer viable. The thread had been lying there untouched for a day or so when she, out of the blue, flew in from the south with her all-purpose cleaner spray.

Which is odd to comprehend because if we take a tour down memory lane, we'll be dumbfounded to notice that all the threads no longer current are not locked and no longer viable!

And as is often the case with Satyr, and whenever the spirit grabs him, he likes to revive one of his own threads every now and then, should an inspiration or a brainstorm impel him, and he has that right, doesn't he? as author of a thread? So who is Bells to impose her non-authorship on someone else's authorship??

And if that wasn't enough, and having been here since 2001, she might have known Wanderer Satyr a little bit better not to expect him to feel affronted by her self-assuming management of his thread.

20. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi chewing gum

thank you for the effort you ahve put ion explainging to me the situation as you see it.

Did she not PM Satyr with an Amazing explanation or did not Satyr PM her to ask her to elaborate a bit more.

where is Satyr anyway, he did not like IAC much if i can recall rightly.?

~~~~~~~~
    Thanks
    zak

21. Ripley Valued Senior Member

If Satyr had been forewarned that his thread was in jeopardy then I'm sure, as a result, Satyr would not have acted as impulsively as he got banned for doing so. And probably, as a result, wouldn't have drank as much either without needing to loosen his tongue and making so many typos. So she managed to lock his thread forever, and ban him too in the process—all within 24 hours. What an amazing moderator!

22. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Ooo, I suck. I need to work on a PR campaign!

23. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

well yes that is quite an amazing story

thanks Chewing gum