Who is George Soros?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by Bowser, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

He owns the fruit and veggie shop next to the butcher.
    Alex

sideshowbob likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Rich guy who supports Democrats. Basically the Koch brothers but with a conscience.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

He's not as active, generous, or involved as are the Kochs.

8. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

I've heard he's a member of the Bilderberg group.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-tr...group-and-what-they-may-be-planning-now/13808
    (excerpt)
    -------------------------------------
    They called themselves the Bilderberg Group with a membership representing a who’s who of world power elites, mostly from America, Canada, and Western Europe with familiar names like David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, Bill Clinton, Gordon Brown, Angela Merkel, Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Larry Summers, Tim Geithner, Lloyd Blankfein, George Soros, Donald Rumsfeld, Rupert Murdoch, other heads of state, influential senators, congressmen and parliamentarians, Pentagon and NATO brass, members of European royalty, selected media figures, and invited others – some quietly by some accounts like Barack Obama and many of his top officials.
    -------------------------------------

Here's some objective info on the Bilderberg group.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/search?q=bilderberg&x=20&y=6

Enter Bilderberg in this search feature.
    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/htdig/search.html

sculptor likes this.
  9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

from your link:
    Whatever its early mission, the [Bilderberg]Group is now “a shadow world government….threaten(ing) to take away our right to direct our own destinies (by creating) a disturbing reality” very much harming the public’s welfare. In short, Bilderbergers want to supplant individual nation-state sovereignty with an all-powerful global government, corporate controlled, and check-mated by militarized enforcement.

“Imagine a private club where presidents, prime ministers, international bankers and generals rub shoulders, where gracious royal chaperones ensure everyone gets along, and where the people running the wars, markets, and Europe (and America) say what they never dare say in public.”

Early in its history, Bilderbergers decided “to create an ‘Aristocracy of purpose’ between Europe and the United States (to reach consensus to rule the world on matters of) policy, economics, and (overall) strategy.” NATO was essential for their plans – to ensure “perpetual war (and) nuclear blackmail” to be used as necessary. Then proceed to loot the planet, achieve fabulous wealth and power, and crush all challengers to keep it.

Along with military dominance, controlling the world’s money is crucial for with it comes absolute control as the powerful 19th century Rothschild family understood. As the patriarch Amschel Rothschild once said: “Give me control of a nation’s money and I care not who makes its laws.”

...............and
    It gets worse from there.
    I suspect that this recent election and the brexit vote were reactionary awakenings very much anti Bilderberg, trilateralist, globalist.......etc..etc.

10. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Fantastic! At last, it's "Up, periscope." from the Bilderberg conspiracy fantasists.

Time to get out the popcorn.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Re the supposed Rothschild quote, I looked this up and it seems the first reference to it was in a book called Money Creators, written in, yes, you've guessed.....1935.... One can almost hear "Juden raus!" in the background.

12. wellwisher Banned Banned

George Soros is known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of Pound sterling, making him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis.[10][11] Soros is one of the 30 richest people in the world.[12]

Soros has no conscience and does not build or make anything, except scams for profit. This is why he backs Democrats. He is one of those rich Wall Street types that appeal to Democrats, but which they blame on the Republicans. The Koch brothers at least produce oil. The funding behind disruptive liberal demonstrations is often from Soros.

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I would ask for evidence for this, but as always it would be a waste of time.

exchemist and joepistole like this.
  14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

First, you have failed to cite your sources. In some worlds, that's considered plagiarism and is intellectually dishonest. I wonder why you failed to cite your source. You quoted Wikipedia, and here is the part you left out.

George Soros (/ˈsɔːroʊs/[5] or /ˈsɔːrɒs/; Hungarian: Soros György, pronounced [ˈʃoroʃ ˈɟørɟ]; born August 12, 1930) is a Hungarian-American business magnate,[6][7] investor, philanthropist, political activist, and author.[a] He is chairman of Soros Fund Management. He is known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of Pound sterling, making him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis.[10][11] Soros is one of the 30 richest people in the world.[12]

Soros is a well-known supporter of American progressive and American liberal political causes.[13] Between 1979 and 2011 Soros donated more than $11 billion to various philanthropic causes.[14][15] He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Eastern Europe in the late 1980s and early 1990s,[10]and provided one of Europe's largest higher education endowments to the Central European University in Budapest.[16] Soros is also the chairman of the Open Society Foundations. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

So you think a man who has donated more than a 11 billion dollars to philanthropic causes "has no conscience"? Well, I guess that explains the American right wing. What you have done Wellwisher is what you always do, you have been caught once again being intellectually dishonest: omitting sources and cherry picking. There is a word for that, it's called deception, and why is it right wingers are so heavily dependent upon deception? It's because no informed, rational person of integrity would support their agenda.

Further, financing and investing aren't scams. They are legitimate and critical business functions. That's what Soros has done and continues to do. There is nothing wrong with short selling. It happens all the time across the globe. It's an integral part of pricing which is what financial markets do. The British Pound was over priced; Soros realized that and took advantage of that knowledge. That's normally considered a good thing, and a healthy thing. That's what happens every day across the globe. It's an integral part of capitalism.

Unlike the Kochs, Trump, his cabinet appointees, and other right wing leaders, Soros wasn't born into wealth. Soros earned his fortune. Soros came from a very humble background. Soros earned his wealth. Unlike your beloved Republican financiers, Soros didn't inherit his wealth; he earned it. Further Soros was and remains a student of philosophy. and you want people to believe he is somehow an immoral beast.

" While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. Soros received £40 from a Quaker charity." - Wikipedia

Unfortunately for you and your right wing cohorts, facts matter; reason matter. You should be asking yourself why you and those you follow are so dependent upon deception.

15. wellwisher Banned Banned

The same can be said of the Koch brothers;

Even if you don't like the politics of Charles and David Koch’s, they have quietly spend billions on school students, to cure diseases, to cultivate artists, and to clean the Earth.

The Koch Brothers produce tangible worth and not abstract worth; short selling. Short selling is like helping someone in a bind, by buying their new iPhone for half price. This may help them, under the circumstance, but it also gives you magic money, with nothing new being created.

One might ask, what would politically short selling a country, through political donations, look like? It can make Soros and his groupies very rich but without creating anything tangible. It is income redistribution and loss of middle class due to no tangible output, just redistribute.

If you create tangible things like oil, this also makes profits for the rich, but creates a tangible commodity that can benefit all, no matter what your political party.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

You can say anything, but that doesn't make it true, and that's the problem with the Republican Party. Their lack of honesty and reliance on ignorance and deception is truly concerning.

"The same" cannot be honestly said about the Koch brothers as you have tried to do. The fact is that unlike the Koch brothers, Soros wasn't born into great wealth as were your beloved Kochs. Soros earned his great wealth. Soros didn't inherit it as did the Kochs and as did Trump and his cronies. Soros knows what it is to be poor. That's something the Kochs, Trumps and their cronies don't know, because they have never been poor.

Oh, then you should be able to prove it. But you can't, in no small part because it isn't true. There is nothing quite about Koch's charitable donations. When the Koch's "donate" money there is always some self interest involved. Giving to political causes isn't charity, and that's the bulk of Koch brother "charity". They give most of their "charity" to 527's in order to further their business interests.

"A 527 organization or 527 group is a type of U.S. tax-exempt organization organized under Section 527 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 527). A 527 group is created primarily to influence the selection, nomination, election, appointment or defeat of candidates to federal, state or local public office." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/527_organization

You don't think money is tangible? Money is very tangible. Both the Kochs and Soros accumulate money. It's that whole capitalist thingy which you don't seem to understand despite your proclamations. The Kochs inherited their wealth; Soros didn't.

Additionally, you obviously don't understand short selling, because your analogy is pure unmitigated bullshit. If you knew anything about short selling you would know that short selling has been around for centuries and it has never caused an economic catastrophe. It plays an important role in market pricing, and from an investor point of view, it's incredibly risky. Oil prices and oil related stocks surged yesterday because of short sellers. Short sellers were covering their shorts.

When a short seller sells something, they must later buy it back, and that's what we saw yesterday. And oil and stock prices surged as a result.

Youv'e got this crazy thing going on in your head that whatever the Kochs do its good, and whatever Soros does is wrong even though you cannot explain it or justify it. You don't know what short selling is but you don't let that stop you and your machinations. Just because you don't like the fact that Soros earned his great wealth and the Kochs inherited theirs, it doesn't invalidate or discount his work, ethics, and intelligence as you have attempted to do. Soros's wealth is just as "tangible" as anything owned by the Koch brothers. By the way, the Kochs don't create oil as you have asserted, they pump it out of the ground and move it from point "A" to point "B". And they stole oil. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/blood-and-oil/

The unfortunate fact for you is that the money earned by the companies owned by Soros is just as real and just as tangible as the money earned by companies owned by the Koch brothers. Just because you don't like Soros and love the Kochs, it doesn't make the companies Soros owns and the money they earn any less real than the companies owned by the Kochs. That's the bottom line here.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

18. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

How to explain this to wellwisher?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/741564 Steven Universe, Season 1, Episode 31, “Keep Beach City Weird!” @6:35 - 6:57

19. wellwisher Banned Banned

If you do the math, the $B Soros made from short selling came from somebody else. He did not create any new value, except for himself. He redistributed money to himself, at the expense of others. If I sold a lot of oil stock, others will assume I must have insider information about something about to happen. Others who see me sell, may also start to sell based on their speculation. As the price goes down, I buy the oil stock again. Now I have more shares. My buying eve more shares than I sold, drives the price back up, even more, so others who follow my lead, quickly make some profits. While others who buy later, buy at a higher price. The money they lose goes to me and those who followed me closely.

Say you wanted to short sell America, you can con people into investing into ObamaCare or Man Made global warming shares. You tell everyone this is affordable or good, so they are willing to invest. In the end it is not affordable, with the differences in cost and benefits the skim. This difference comes from the middle class and tax payers; higher expenses. No new value was created, accept as an illusion by confidence men.

Liberals who worship Soros, still think Obama Care is a good deal. They still living the fantasy of the used car salesman.

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I turned on HtoSpot Shield cause I'm not in the U.S. and I still see nothing.

21. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

What math? Do you even know what math is? As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, unlike your beloved Kochs and Trumps of the world, Soros earned his wealth. Soros didn't inherit his wealth.

"While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. Soros received £40 from a Quaker charity.[30] In a discussion at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council in 2006, Alvin Shuster, former foreign editor of the Los Angeles Times, asked Soros, "How does one go from an immigrant to a financier? ... When did you realize that you knew how to make money?" Soros replied, "Well, I had a variety of jobs and I ended up selling fancy goods on the seaside, souvenir shops, and I thought, that's really not what I was cut out to do. So, I wrote to every managing director in every merchant bank in London, got just one or two replies, and eventually that's how I got a job in a merchant bank."[31] That job was an entry-level position in Singer & Friedlander." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros#Early_life

Whither you like it or not finance is a very critical aspect of business. Your beloved Trump is heavily dependent upon financiers. Your beloved Koch brothers do the same things Soros has done. They too are financiers.

And as previously pointed out to you there is nothing wrong with short selling and short sellers. It's part of that capitalism thingy you and your fellow Republicans claim to adore. You know, that survival of the fittest thingy?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

For your edification, a short seller borrows something, sells it, and returns it later. The short seller is fully liable for the items he has borrowed. He is fully responsible for the borrowed stock. It's a very risky kind of investment. But short selling plays an important part in preventing bubbles.

Well, here is the thing, the markets say otherwise. The markets clearly show he created value. That's why he is a billionaire. Good businessmen like to buy goods and services at lower prices and sell them for higher prices. It's called profit, and profits are not a "redistribution of wealth". That's what your beloved Koch brothers have done. That's what your beloved Trump has done, or tried to do, and that is what Soros did.

If you sold a lot of stock everyone would wonder how you got the stock. No one would care if you sold stock or sold stock. I suspect you are alluding to stock manipulation. If so, it's illegal. And there is no evidence Soros did any of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_manipulation

How do you short sell a nation? How do you short sell America? You can't. That's pure unmitigated bullshit. What's a con is to say you can as you have done. There are no Obamacare shares. There are no global warming shares...oops. Unfortunately for you and your fellow right wingers, facts and reason still matter.

And which liberals worship Soros? Please do be specific. You are making shit up again Wellwisher.

23. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

Look what I just came across. Look at the 2:50 time mark of this video.

Zwicker: Left Gatekeepers

They've got George Soros on a chart of organizations that try to manipulate information so that we think the way they want us to think.