Who is distracting you?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Simon Anders, May 23, 2008.

1. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Who has real power and is distracting you?
    Who wants you to think the problem is this or that bad apple so that you do not notice systems?
    Who has, despite however much you 'know' in your head it is BS, has managed to make you think you can win by.....?
    Who has confused you about what freedom is?
    Who claims certainty about things they are not certain about, but still their denial of their uncertainty creates a nagging doubt in you?
    What mindfucks still work on you despite the fact that you know better?
    How much energy do small nagging doubts undermine you despite the fact that your frontal lobes seem to think they have worked out adequate responses?
    Who in these forums takes on a role the nagging doubts in your head?
    Is that why they bug you?
    Is that why you are hoping they will one day say "Shit, you might have a point."?
    How much is your policy like Bush's? Eradicate the nagging doubt and present a strong front.
    If you were wrong about one of your fundamental beliefs or disbeliefs what consequences of this have you NOT looked at yet consciously?
    Is it possible that these emotional and psychological consequences are part of why you come off very certain, even with yourself?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

After the first sentence I knew there would be reference to Bush. For God's sake why is everyone so obsessed with this guy. He's stupid, yet smart enough to trick the whole US and the United Nations and be responsible for every bad thing on earth. Well, we can all rest easy knowing that his reign of terror will soon be over and the world can go back to the perfect place it was before election of 00.
    Is it really that easy? Can we blame one man for everything we hate about life?
    "Hey,it's raining outside"
    "Well, it's that fucking Bush asshole. The rain was a lot warmer before HE got in office."
    Whatever. When he's gone, it'll still be raining. Then who will you blame?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

A simple name to get across a concept to pretty much everyone. And even fans of Bush will know what I mean.
    Me I don't blame Bush for everything. In fact, if you read what I wrote I was asking people to see the ways they were like Bush. In other words: it is easy to see the problem in him and point fingers and that has it's place. But if you think you are not involved in what you hate about Bush, you probably don't know yourself very well. In other words: it is not all his fault was (a small) part of my point.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lordznebula5 Registered Member

The Bilderberg Group? They seem a money hungry distraction alright. Their members own ALL the big newspapers. CNN TV lies about the existence of global warming being from human fault.

8. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

How are they distracting you?

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Sciforums?

10. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I am assuming without the sinister aspects of what I was referring to. Nevertheless...
    what are you being distracted from? Is it something you should focus on more?