Who is a philospher?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Soulcry, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Soulcry Registered Senior Member

Are we philosephers here cause we are talking about so many things that other people like to ignore. I dont think that someone can be a philosopher by studying philosophy in college. Like i said before i think everyone has a philosopher inside themselves but not everyone lsitens to the voice of this philospher because it is easier to ignore this voice. People like to say : I am on this planet for a short time so why should i listen to that voice and get lost in question marks instead i can enjoy life by ignoring the voice.
    The more i think the less i see and seperate myself more and more from the other people. So are we phiosophers?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

A philosopher is somebody who activly ponders the intricacies of the universe through their own senses and not through a book. Reading a book lets you learn what others have learned a million times over. A philosopher gets off the beaten track and has a small but depinite possibility of discovering some obvious but overlooked facet of the universe. This may let people cope with life better and guide human actions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.