Who do you think is the most under/over rated Star Wars character?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by UberDragon, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Latexlover Registered Senior Member

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but how are the Stormtroopers in Episode IV different than the clones used in Episode II? Are the IV troopers just regulars guys that were forced into the imperial force? The troopers in II seemed to be a bit more individualistic, even though they were all based on Jango.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

For what I have understood the stormtroopers in episode IV are not clones, but common soldiers who has been enlisted to the empire, and the armor is designed differently.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dave1016 Registered Member

Storm Troopers

Storm Troopers are the biggest wusses in history. They outnumber anyone, have guns, and big AT-ST's, but they get the crap kicked out of them by a bunch of furry midgets!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Firefly Registered Senior Member

With the Jedi exposing their back and stuff - isn't that cos they're usually outnumbered? :bugeye:

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Dave, I'm pissing in my pants. That is so true. I wouldn't take any of that crap from a teddy bear with a sling shot. I'd just raise my laser rifle and say to it 'Come on, it'll be fun' and squeeze the trigger and Bam Right Between the eyes.
    How could the AT-ST's get blown up by two peices of wood. The can withstand blaster fire and rockets, but not a peice of wood. That one was definatly a kiddy movie.
    Anywho, most over rated is definatly Darth Vader. Cool as he was, just people love him for the wrong reasons.
    Under rated, the Scout Troopers.
    A - They have cool armour
    B - One of them actually killed an Ewok (YAY

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)
    C - They get those speeder bikes
    D - They actually put up a fight.

Lesion, that trooper who bangs his head. Kudos to him. Kudos.

The Clones are super cool. They could lose the Aussie accent though.

9. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

TIE Fighter pilots are pretty wussy too. Have you ever noticed how short they really are?

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

They are short, aren't they

They have cool helmets but that makes them look really thin and weird. A bit like jockeys aren't they

11. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Hmm... jockey rimes (spelling?) with hockey...

they'd look good playing ice hockey.

just a good look at how my mind works

:bugeye:

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ice Hockey, hmm.

13. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Vader could be the goalie

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

lol. Chewie could be a centre

15. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

16. %BlueSoulRobot% Copyright! Copyright!! Registered Senior Member

I ehat Jar Jar Binks!!!!!!

It's all good.

17. airdog prehensile Registered Senior Member

Overrated: Irv Skywalker
    Underrated: Darth Skippy

"Metaphors be with you..."

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  18. Cory Registered Senior Member

Underrated: Darth Mauhl, I mean he got it bad because he was in a crap movie but dude was GANGSTER! Cool make-up, he actually looked scary, he's more mobile then Vader (not saying he can even be compared but...) I mean compare lightabre battles from now to then, way more action-packed now. I understand what Cactus and Lesion are saying when it comes to the sword fights being a little uhhhhh, dramatic but I agree with Cactus, I mean c'mon! They're LIGHTSABRES! And I thought the Phantom Menace dual was breath-taking. Plus he killed Qui-Gon. So basically I think Darth Mauhl got the shit end of the stick cuz he was in The Phantom Menace but I think he made the movie watchable.

Over rated? Maybe Count Dooku? What did ya'll think of him?

19. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Dukoo is a great character. He fights Yoda who was his master and that's why he turned to the Dark Side. He couldn't surpass his master in skill so he took the easy way out.

20. bizkitngravy Registered Member

Plo Koon is awesome

Plo Koon is the greatest but no one seems to notice. If he were in a scene by himself or with another jedi with some action he would be noticed more.

21. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Hell Yea!!!!

22. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I should know this, but which one is Plo Kloon (I'm pretty sure he's a jedi). Is he the guy with the coneheadish head who loses his saber at the massive arena battle in ep 2?

There was also that blue guy, he was in the background when Anakin and Obi were talking to the council in the beginning of Ep 2, and then at the end he's there and he jumps down to kill Dooku but he gets shot, like, immediately by Jango. When I saw that happen I was like "you stupid fuck, you're a jedi, you only get killed by other jedi, you stupid...fuck."

Plus he was on the council, they're better than that, damnit! Those droids didn't have a frigging chance and they were kicking ass until the clones arrived!! I mean, come on!

23. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

No Pollux, he has an orange face. here is some info from starwars.com:

The Force runs strongly in Plo Koon's family; he was a descendent of a long line of Jedi. He shared a long history with fellow Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, and the two have fought beside each other in battle. Koon had hoped to see his friend join the Jedi Council, but Jinn's maverick views kept him from ascending to that position.

Plo Koon was a Kel Dor from the planet Dorin. His physiology was such that he wore protective goggles and his face-concealing antiox mask whenever in oxygen-rich environments. As a Dorin, Koon naturally possessed highly developed extrasensory organs that supplement his already formidable Jedi attributes.

Koon was more martial a Jedi than most. Kel Dor natives have a reputation for seeing moral issues in black and white, with clear distinctions between right and wrong. As such, Koon often took decisive action with little contemplation. This initiative served him well during the Stark Hyperspace Wars, when he took up the Republic banner after a great Jedi Master was killed. Koon rallied the disheartened troops to an unlikely and miraculous victory.

and a pic:
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/plokoon/index_eu.html