Who created Atheists?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Mind Over Matter, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mind Over Matter Registered Senior Member

Personally I think Atheists are Children of God, just like everyone else...

I believe Atheists, just like everyone else, are on a journey. I pray they find God at the end.

And most of all, I don't take it personally when Atheists "hate" me (believer)... I know what it is and what it isn't... It's just a part of the journey...

If you (atheists) don’t accept that God created you and you are children of God, then who created you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

You're joking right? Why do we have to be "created"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Personally I think you're deluded.

And patronising or lonely. Why would we want to share your delusion?

Oh, and you're paranoid. Why should we "hate" you?

You believe you know. Not the same.

I think you should ask your father for the "birds and bees" talk now.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

If you believe every person is a child of God, then you believe God created atheists.

As an atheist, I believe that a long series of circumstances led to my parents conceiving me. No one else had a part in my creation.

8. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

10. Rav Valued Senior Member

#$*@!

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

My parents , especially my mum, gave birth to me and that was up to them to decide that they wanted to have a child not your "god".

I do so hope that you and your ilk come to your senses by the time of your passing as well and see that you were delusional and only a follower of a myth.

12. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

We're all on a journey. It's called life. We just disagree how it ends. I think most people believe that it should be lived the same way, it's just that many people don't make as much effort to hold up to the standards as the other few.

If it's true, then that god made us this way, with skeptical minds, and made the universe appear convincingly on its own. So if there's some judgement day, then fine, I'll go with the life I've led, and he can judge all he wants. But I'll have a few choice questions of my own.

And I don't hate people. I just hate what people do. And I hate stupidity...not ignorance, but blatant being stupid.

13. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

My parents. I feel lucky, I could have been the one that hit the headboard.

Now, just to clear something up, if you believe god created atheists, and god is all knowing, then he created them knowing they would never believe, and yet condemns them to hell regardless.
    What kind of sick fuck does that? :shrug:

14. Emil Valued Senior Member

So, I am the son of God!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Personally, I think of theists as people that have become trapped at the intersection of ancient mythology and their own desires.

A journey implies movement. If we become convinced that all the ultimate answers have already been "revealed" to us, or at least all of the answers that matter, then the journey seems to have halted before it could really even begin.

I seek the truth.

16. jmpet Valued Senior Member

God made the universe to have sentient minds in it. That's the endgame. Atheists are part of that equation. As science dictates- facts exist regardless of your opinion of them.

17. John99 Banned Banned

A more interesting question is: why is there a need for Atheists? Thats what i would like to know. Why the need to declare one an Atheist? Calling yourself is one thing but what is the proof? You cll yourself a Carpenter if you can build with wood. Same for Theist, what are you basing calling yourself a theis? Broken down i imagine its like calling yourself a jogger or arm wrestelr.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What utter nonsense.
    Atheist/ theist is a statement of belief.
    Or are you somehow contending that someone who says they are are an atheist doesn't actually know whether they believe or not?
    Do you ever think before posting?
    If someone says they like ice cream do you suspect them of lying?

19. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Because it's a common term. Non-believer is one as well.

There are a loud minority that go out to try and deconvert and use the label on their sleeve, but for the most part atheists just don't believe, and they use that term when people ask (with an assumption of course) what church they go to or their thoughts on some biblical thing.

20. John99 Banned Banned

Exactly...But what is "belief". If you only believe it, does not mean you know. Either you are a carpenter and you call yourself a carpenter because you can provr you can build, if not you cannot call yourself a carpenter.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Its that simple.

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Sex.

What, did you think G-d sent some lightning bolt down into your parent's living room and you popped out?

Don't make me laugh.

23. John99 Banned Banned

A: I am a writer.
    B What have you written?
    A: Oh, i've never written anything.