Who controls History?

Discussion in 'History' started by Islamsmylife, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

While in my college English class yesterday we discussed the Holocaust yet again (probably because my English professor is Jewish.) I was think "wow I've been learning about the Holocaust since fourth grade and not once have I had a class that went into the other great genocides in History in similar detail." There have been tons of other genocides in the past and present that no one seems to really care about and the information escapes the students knowledge unless he/she seeks that knowledge him/herself. So my question is who is controlling the Historical information that is being feed to the youth in these educational institutions? Is it the people with the most money (like the Jews). I've been to about 8 different schools since 1st grade (not including colleges) and it seems they all have the same curriculum and the same seemingly bias history been taught. Who controls this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He whom writes it. Often the Victor.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. River Ape Valued Senior Member

I wonder how far the Jews are aware that the rest of us are getting heartily sick of the Holocaust. (Actually, quite a few Jews want the Holocaust brigade to put a sock in it as well.) The extent to which we have the story inflicted upon us is a measure of the controlling power and influence of the Jews -- and it suits them well.

Those of us who have worked in areas of business (whether industry, commerce or academia) where Jews are present in significant numbers are familiar with the way in which they form a structure of their own within the overall structure of the business, systematically promoting the interests of their own group. They are not unique in this. The Old School Tie brigade and Masonic organisations are sometimes not without influence. (Dubya's membership of Skull & Bones is better known about than Blair's own high-ranking masonic affiliation.)

However, the Jews are in a class of their own, and their feelings of separateness and superiority often seem to justify in their own eyes behaviour of rank commercial crookedness at the expense of goyim. One just has to recall the names of those who have been investigated or prosecuted in Britain on major fraud charges over the past few decades.

He who dares say anything against the Jews is not anti-Jewish, they have invented a special word: "anti-Semitic". I wonder why that is? The Holocaust story originally served to justify Zionist aggression in Palestine. (How dare we criticise a people who had suffered so dreadfully?) Nowadays it allows anyone who challenges Jewish supremacy in commerce and the media to be stigmatised as a Nazi -- supposedly engaged on the same agenda.

But lest I seem biased, my advice is to be just as suspicious of everything else you are taught -- especially in regard to history!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Can you name some of those for us? Since you say there've been "tons" of 'em, it should be easy to list a few just for fun and education.

Baron Max

8. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Or, conversely, it might be part of the curriculum to learn 20th century historical events.

The reason why other genocides are less discussed is because they either occurred in periods of history that were prior to living memory (there are still a lot of people alive today that were a part of the holocaust on one side or the other), or they haven't the detailed historical records that exist when compared with the The Holocaust. The genocides in eastern and central Africa don't have the amount of historical record, for instance, in terms of photographs, letters, autobiographies, documentation from the perpetrators, etc. Part of the reason for this is that these are on-going conflicts in which the lens of history has yet to be applied. Another part of it is that the world is rather wishing that these places didn't exist because if they acknowledge the problem too fully, they might be compelled by humanist decency to do something about it.

The importance of learning about the Holocaust is that it puts these events into perspective and inspires critical thought and reason about other events that are similarly wrong in the past and present -or even in the future.

If all you take away from this is that there is a great Jewish conspiracy to propagandize the world of their "plight" (which is probably true to some extent), then you're missing the point of the historical lesson. The idea is understanding how these sorts of horrible events can occur, largely unnoticed by the world (at least to the degree that it occurred), and to teach ourselves to be diligent and mindful of warning signs for current and future events.

Some would say that we aren't doing so well with the latter in light of Dafour, the Congo, and events in Bosnia-Herzegovina a few years ago.

9. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

"Who controls history, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls history." - George Orwell.

"For example, a history department in a northern city recently avoided selecting the Holocaust as a topic for GCSE coursework for fear of confronting anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils. In another history department, the Holocaust was taught despite anti-Semitic sentiment among some pupils, but the same department deliberately avoided teaching the Crusades at Key Stage 3 because their balanced treatment of the topic would have directly challenged what was taught in some local mosques." - http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/holocaust.asp

10. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

Sure, the Native American, Rwanda, Kosovo, Bosnia, the Armenians, Darfur, the Palestinians (during certain times), the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and many more. Just check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_in_history

11. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

12. desi Valued Senior Member

Whoever writes the text books and whoever buys the text books can determine what is in them. That should answer your quesitons if you know how to research.

I was reading my daughter's 4th grade text book a few months ago and learned... 'China is our valuable trading partner. We buy bicycles they make for us. How nice of them.'

It failed to mention little stuff like trade deficits, nukes pointed at US, forced abortions etc... Someone wants my kids dumb about alot of things. Yours too?

13. desi Valued Senior Member

Oh, I almost forgot. How about the holocosts in Russia, China, Cambodia, or even now in Sudan where Muslims are killing Christians? Someone wants one holocost to be prominent in our minds. Who would want that? And why?

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Islamsmylife's main point appears to be that he doesn't want to hear about the Holocaust, which doesn't fit the stereotype too much...

Islamsmylife: lay off the ridiculous and idiotic comments about Jewish people. Now.

15. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

You can hold whatever beliefs and prejudices you like. I could care less. I'll only tell you that you are completely incorrect if you are trying to suggest that there exists a level of documentation with the Jewish Holocaust that compares with other genocides. Moreover, there hasn't been a genocide that has risen to the level of significance in terms of the number of people murdered. Not that this means much to those that lose parents and children due to horrendous actions of evil doers.

What I won't allow you to do in a thread in this subforum is create an anti-Jewish discussion. Believe what you will of the world and the "Jewish-backed media," but keep that nonsense to yourself. It has no place in an academic forum. This isn't the place for you to rant aimlessly about anti-semitic beliefs, which is what appears to be your primary topic. If that's the intent, the thread will close.

16. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

The fact that Hitler killed 6 million Jews is paled by the number of people killed by the Communists in Russia and China.

But I think the fact that Hitler targeted the Jews specifically constitutes a hate crime on the grandest scale.

The fact that the world basically watched 800,000 Hutu die in Rwanda is disgusting, and shows how little we've really learned from the Holocaust.

17. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Islamsmylife could view a teacher's discussion of the Holocaust as a chance to ask questions about current atrocities (or answer questions, if (s)he's done enough research) and therefore raise awareness. Instead (s)he prefers to whine about Jews. I suspect that's part of our problem.

18. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

I'm not trying to appear anti-Jewish or pro anything what I intended to obtain in this thread was an answer to my question, why doesnt the history books/ media care to highlight the major atrosicites around the world in the same light as the Jewish plight. This is not being anti-Jewish but pro-truth. I watched tv religiously during the Isreali/Lebanon war aside from the numbers that were mentioned the nearly 2000 Lebanese deaths (mostly civilians) were less emphasized on the news than the under 150 deaths on the Isreali side (mostly military.) The same holds true for deaths in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine. My textbooks growing up discussed slavery and the Native Americans in brief detail and the Holocaust in great detail My question is why is it bias like this?

So saying, "the Jewish backed media" is a bigoted statement? How thats like the equilivent of saying Arab backed oil. Jews have almost a monopoly on the media but dont take it from me check out this website which shows the six jewish companies who own 96% of the worlds media. If you dont believe it click on the link within that says research behind the chart. http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-controlledpress-6-jewish-companies-96-percent-of-all-media.html

Stop being so sensitive and closed-minded every time someone says one thing about the Jews its anti-semitic, I'm not an anti-Semite I'm just seeking truth.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Historically and numerically speaking, only Stalin can be compared and most likely outdoing Hitler's 6 million Jewish victims. So that would be the answer to your original question.

Kind of interesting you couldn't find it in the list. The Native Americans' genocide took 100s of years and not just one particular regime or people was responsible...Basicly it has to do with the number of people killed in the relative short period of time...Even for Stalin it took decades...

P.S.: Cambodia also outdid any of your mentioned countries. Maybe you want to read your own link...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  20. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

Thanks for the information about Stalin, I briefly looked it up and that particular genocide with the Ukrainians did surpass the Holocaust thats something I didn't know. But let me clarify something I'm not just out here to say this genocide was worst than this one it's not only the numbers but its what actually occurred and that information needs to be conveyed. And for the ones thats going on now they need to be taught so we can guide true leaders in the future to try to eliminate these opportunities for genocide. All I'm saying is these events need to be discussed in the class rooms. The reason I didn't mention Stalins Ukrainian genocide is because I didn't know that much about it, that only supports my original claim even more that the history books ignore other atroscites.

21. Islamsmylife Registered Senior Member

P.S.: Cambodia also outdid any of your mentioned countries. Maybe you want to read your own link...[/QUOTE]

So what I just mentioned a few countries off the top of my head and then sent the link. My point is these genocides are barely mentioned. I don't get why people just don't get the point what I'm saying.

22. River Ape Valued Senior Member

The best place to find a good list of genocides is in the Old Testament, where you can read of all the peoples wiped out by the Jews . . . the Amalekites, Canaanites, etc, etc.

Saul hath slain his thousands, but David hath slain his tens of thousands.
    I Samuel 18:7

23. River Ape Valued Senior Member

But the extraordinary wealth, power and influence of the Jewish community, based on their control of the media, is one of the most significant features of our society. To say that there should be no place, here or elsewhere, to discuss it is tantamount to saying that there should have been a ban on the discussion of aristocratic privilege in the past; nor any discussion of the power exercised by the Roman Catholic church or by the Mafia (or its like) in various countries at various times in history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.