Who are "The Jews" that are blamed for historical problems?

Discussion in 'History' started by desi, Mar 14, 2010.

1. desi Valued Senior Member

I can't count how many conversations I've been in where Jews have been blamed for things like:

The Spanish Inquisition where Jews were pretending to be Catholic but were secretly Cabbalists who practiced blood sacrifices. Hence, the Catholic church had to root them out.

Jews were blackmailing Woodrow Wilson into creating the Federal Reserve system.

Jews manipulated Britain and Germany in WWII based on banking.

Jews were behind the overthrow of the Czar in Russia.

Are such allegations mass hysteria or is there some truth to them? The people who have brought up some of these allegations to me are not ignorant skinhead morons either. They are reasonable people who articulate their reasoning well. The Jewish people I know seem to be nice and handy with making money, but they don't seem like bad people.

Are there normal Jews on one hand and super evil villain banker Jews? I'm just trying to understand if there is truth to the allegations and how normal Jews fit in or don't fit in with it. I'm not so foolish as to blame a whole race of people for the world's troubles. I'm just looking for a bit of illumination on this matter.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There's a germ of truth in this but it's all twisted. Because of the Inquisition, some Jewish families pretended to convert and dutifully practiced all the Catholic rituals. Some of them managed to keep it going for several generations before their children finally assimilated.

Anyone who thinks a Jew would practice blood sacrifices is his country's equivalent of a Religious Redneck Racist Retard. Jews have a taboo against blood! They drain it out of their cattle while they're still alive so the heart keeps pumping it out! They won't have sex with a woman who is menstruating! The reason that the most Orthodox Jewish men don't shave is because they might cut their skin!
    Duh? Wilson was one of the brightest stars of the Progressive Era! The Fed was his dream come true, his crowning achievement!
    Geeze, do these friends of yours collect Nazi paraphernalia? That is textbook-perfect Nazi propaganda. They blamed the Depression on Jewish bankers. Actually they blamed everything on the Jews. The Holocaust was the culmination of a thousand years of institutionalized antisemitism that virtually defined European Christendom.

The Depression hit Germany harder than the rest of us, largely because with Wilson's encouragement the Treaty of Versailles put draconian conditions on their surrender. Their corporations had to give up the rights to their patents! (BTW, this is how Aspirin and Heroin, Bayer trademarks, came to be generic words.) Hitler started WWII in the crazy hope that he could pull Germany out of the Depression by conquering the "wealthy" nations.

As for the Jewish banker stereotype, this is another old chestnut with a grain of truth, but the truth is twisted around. During the Middle Ages, the Christian priests intepreted a passage in the Bible to mean that all loaning of money for interest was sinful. The Jews (who could read Hebrew) interpreted it correctly to apply only to usury. Therefore when a Christian needed to borrow money, the only people who were willing to loan it to him were Jews. Naturally as Europe's economy became more formalized and banking became a big business, the Jews ended up being the bankers because no Christian could live with the sin.
    Well geeze, the Jews certainly hated the Tsar because his laws were really hard on them. But they didn't have much power. Sure, a bunch of them were happy to become communists and fight in the Red Army (all except the bankers of course

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

), but they were just that much more cannon fodder. Karl Marx of course was of Jewish ancestry, but he took his inspiration from Christian culture. Can you imagine any self-respecting Jew (or Hindu or Confucian) suggesting that what a man takes from civilization need not correlate with what he gives back! Communism is an offshoot of Christianity, and his slogan, "To each according to his needs, from each according to his ability," is based on a verse in the Book of Acts.
    Pick any popular stereotype and of course you'll be able to find some people who fit it. The lazy Mexican, the brawling Irishman, the cowardly Frenchman, the rude American, the stoic Englishman, the irresponsible Italian, the drunken Australian. People like the ones you describe always notice and remember the people who fit the stereotype, and forget the others.
    But they sure fit the stereotype, don't they?

Neither are the ones in my family, although a couple of them are broke.
    Yes. There are also normal Christians and super evil villain banker Christians. Just look at the U.S. economy!
    The biggest problem the Jews have is their habit of standing out. Look at Jon Stewart, one of the most respected, influential men in America. He's married to a Catholic so obviously his children are not being raised Jewish. He criticizes Israel every chance he gets and criticizes Americans for not being tougher on Israel. Yet not a week goes by that he doesn't find an excuse to identify himself as a Jew. Why? Perhaps after two thousand years of being told that you're different, you take it for granted. Cultural habits die hard, they're not something that can change in two or three generations.
    So unlike Sam, you don't blame the Americans?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It's like they each reinforced one another.

Jews who migrated to China OTOH seemed to have become Chinese? And your point about Banking. How pathetic (not your point

, the manner in which this system came about). Europeans had very developed banking systems for centuries. A Roman in Rome could take a letter and cash it at a bank in Syria.

How a few idiotic passages in the Bible could have screwed so many things is beyond me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

it's all political games,
    why do they blame an entire race, for corrupted politicians, that fooled people,
    it's all a miss understanding point,
    like they blame the entire arab race, and the entire arab culture, and the entire relegion.
    while they only judge, by what they saw from the minority, the small minority, that maked bad things,
    but, also there's a miss understandign point, like, they say, that those people who fight in their own contries, they fight the invader, they call them terrorists, while they don't know what's the meaning of terrorism, terrorism, is a group of bad acts, murders, killing innocent people, ttacking other contries, also invading is terrorism, but, those people who fight in their own lands, who fight the invaders, are not terrorirsts, they are defendign their lands, their family, and they people, they are fighting the invading trrops, with any way they could, that's not terrorism, that's sucrifing for the contry, they are not fighting or killing innocent people, they killing and fighting, who is killing their people and their innocent families, they didnt attack another contry, but another contry attacked them,

anyway, the very small minority, that go attack other contries exactly like invading, is called terrorism, to kill innocent people,
    so, you cant blame the entire race, the entire culture, and etc etc etc... for those bad seeds, you cant blame an entire race, and say they are terrorists, extremists, and etc etc etc ...

if things should run like that, i mean blame the hall race, then, why shouldn't we blame the western cultures for everything, i mean, they cause world war 1 and 2, killed millions of people, and intll this day, they still do, invading other contries, like iraq, palastine, pakistan...
    also invading america, by killing their original populations, making more and more murders, invading more contreis, in world wars, killing more people, and innocent people, so, do you think that we should blame christanity for that? do you think we should blame the western cultures for that? or blame women and babies, and kids?...? the answer, is no, then, why should you blame the hall race, the hall culture, and the hall relegion, and the hall... etc etc etc ...
    should we call the entire western race and culture and relegion, terrorists, and say that christanity encourage making wars, killing innocent people, ...
    no, we shouldn't, cause who cause those problems, are the bad seeds, nothing more, i don't think that their people in that time liked things like that,
    we also don't like things like that, but, it's not right to blame them all, it's just not right, and that's the same thing about muslims, arabs, jews, westerns(in general) chritsians, budhaists, gandi! ... people are the same everywhere, admit it,

i think you get my point,

now about jews,
    personally, and also alot many many others, hate israeil, effcorse, we're arabs, and we hate israeil cause it's killing more arabs there, and we hate it's people, cause we cant hate a contry without hating it's people, cause a contry is a group of people, anyway, but about being a jew, we don't hate him, i know many jews and chritians, from many parts of the arab world, also tunisia, and, we're just friends, net friends, or in the real life, they have arab names, most times, and they are pround of being arabs, also of being from that contry, also of being jews, and they don't even like what israeil is doing,
    they love their contry, their arab contry, or their non-arab contry, and also they are pround of being jews or christians. and they just respect our beleifs, and we respect their beleifs, even of we thoght, or they thogh, that those beleifes are silly,
    so, there's no way, you should blame the entire cultrue and relegion,
    those who causes the bad things, are the bad seeds, nothing more, common! they are people also, we are also people,

the same case for arabs, also jews, and muslims, you should never, ever, blame them, and blame their entire race, and their entire culture and relegion, for all the bad things that happens, ok tell me, how many muslim there are in the world, if all those numbers, were terrorists, then, then, life on earth, should be already vanished, or the entire human race, don't you think, but hey, we're alive!

so, you shouldnt blame all the jews, all the muslims, or even all the christians,