Who are the Cossacks? Are they a people, a party, a military group?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by MattMarriott, Apr 15, 2005.

1. MattMarriott Banned Banned

The Cossacks, a key element in the answer to the question: how did Christianity survive 2000 years?<p style="MARGIN: 5px" align="center">As the last trumpets echoed announcing the Justice of God's Final Judgement on Earth calling God's angelic warriors, how can one be surprised that the Cossacks were the first to be called to stand guard for the Great King resuscitated, sent from Heaven?

Mod Note

I have deleted the rest of the text as it was unreadable. I will leave the thread open as discussion of the topic heading itself can still continue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

t3h Cossacks are t3h kick ass.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Cossacks are units of people loyal to the government in steppes of Russia by Ukraine, they ride horses (not anymore) and keep the law. They also keep the religion of Christianity safe. They are non violent but very efficient and skilled fighters, trained from youth they possess skills of military and loyalty.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Why did Chekov on Star Trek use Cossack as an insult?

8. draqon Banned Banned

I have no idea, he must be polish...because poland hates Russia.

9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

No. He's Russian! And he would occasionally call someone a "lousy cossack" or something like that.

10. draqon Banned Banned

he is Lithuanian...born as American to Lithuanian/Jewish folks.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I'm talking about the character.:

12. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

the director has a Jewish blood, I guess, + head stuffed with pulp fiction stereotypes. Watching hollywood shit, invoking real historical events or using some supposed to be real ethnic backgrounds, is either vomit inducing or outright insulting. Considering that 2-nd rate movie "stars" rake in million$, consistent refusal of hollywod puppetmasters to hire qualified experts on historical periods/ethnicity/culture etc. is a sure sign of the deliberate creation of parallel reality, serving some hidden purpose or "order".

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  13. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

besides being good fighters Cossacks were heavy boozers and womanizers.

Ive heard of one trading all his clothes for a jug of vodka and only keeping his most important possesion ..a sword.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Cossacks are dancers.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

These are ukrainian cosacks (more exactly professional dancers wearing supposedly ethnic costumes and dancing supposedly ethnic dances).

Ukrainian cosacks were dispersed by Russian Empire circa 1770. Cosacks were etremely diversed group of people. Originally, fugitives from Russian and Polish tzars/kings who mixed up with aboriginal inhabitant of sparsely populated steppes as well as with women whom they took as a loot. There were all kind of cosacks Don, Kuban, Terek, Siberian, Yaik, Zaporozhskij.... Originally, "pirates" of steppes serving nobody, living on the edges of Russian Empire, frequently rebelling against weakest government authority, robbing and being robbed by their neighbors.... Later on, they gave up their senses of separate ethic identities and began to consider themselves to be Russians (all but Zaporozski cosacks which were anihilated in 1770 th). Thus, rebels were tamed and used by Russian tzars for border protection and service as light cavalry. They were collectively granted lands by tzars in an exchange for military service.

I REALLY, REALLY don't understand Jewish stereotypical grudge against cosacks which they incorporate in the pulp fiction products for the masses. Jewish pogroms during revolution of 1905 were NOT government sponsored. Au contre, that cosack units were protecting ghettoes against eager crowds. They NEVER, NEVER took part in pogroms of 1905 as assailants. Granted, both government and cosack units could do much more to prevent pogroms, but common - cosack were only small part of military machine suppressing revolution of 1905. Jews might want to pour dirt on every ethnic group hich was wsending its men to Russian Army (including Jews themselves).

Then came World War One, Revolution of 1917, civil war with its cosack genocide (far more intense than any holocaust Jews ever have seen), famine of 1930th ... As a result, cosacks ceased to exist as separate identities. Revival attempts of the last 15 years brings nothing but ironic smile to one's face. Epoche and its people are gone forever.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They sound like the Russian equivalent of the Kurds

17. draqon Banned Banned

not really.

18. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Finally, I got (so I think) why Jews mix cosacks with dirt. The main reason - limited knowledge of history, excerpts of which are stuffed in their heads by the "collective". Jews simply don't realize that cosacks are not monolith. More exactly, numerous cosacks associations shared very little except the turkish name - cosack (i.e. "free man", as far I remember). The main grudge of Jews goes back 350 years ago to modern day Ukraine and its civil war of liberation against Polish kings. I will not go in the depth of Zaporozhskiy cossack history, just skim it. During this war, Ukrainian cosacks (name Ukraine was not used at the time) as well as revolting peasants, naming themselves cossacks killed for some estimate 100,000 Jews.

You see civilized Western Europians (you'll find no insulting dirt about them in Hollywood movies) made the life of Jews unbearable by killing them off on the regular basis and making lot of the rules. So Jews, naturally, moved to the better pastures of Ukraine. Gradually, small, but prominent, portion of Jews became economic tool of opression of the Ukrainians by Polish nobility i.e. they became tax collectors, "plantation" managers, primitive bankers, drinking house owners, etc. It's wrong, but people don't like to be pushed around by the people of different origin, religion, etc. So when rebellion of Ukrainians against polish rule broke down - there was an indiscriminate Jewish slaughter, which is, of course, wrong but it was nothing extraordinary during those times. Also, it was not something that Western Europians didn't do earlier (Where is insulting dirt poured on Swiss, for example, in hollywood movies? I insist.) The question remains how many of those Jews were killed by peasant, calling themselves - cossacks, and by cossacks themselves.

The very last and the most important point - cossacks fighting Polish nobility and killing Jews in 1648 are related to the cossacks in Service of Russian tzars approximately as Englishmen are related to Germans. So the load of dirt poured by Jewish playwrites is completely misguided. Since Jews were not allowed to settle in the Russian proper, Don, Terek, Sibirian, etc. cossacks have not seen Jews frequently, if at all.