whites more evolved?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by OverTheStars, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom79 Registered Member

I disagree with any notions of superiority in terms of race. I think this is nonsensical, as for any given population to be successful it must adapt to the constraints of its environment. The notion that race concept is based purely on appearance also seems somewhat idealistic to me. The likelihood that biological differences separating 'races' are restricted to the skin and facial features only is ludicrous. If you view a human as a survival machine, it stands to reason that biological adaptation would include internal changes also, affecting processes such as cognition, etc.

I also have to disagree with the chap who said that if you run a Google search you will find numerous 'black' inventions. He is falling into the trap of attributing value to inventiveness/creativity as though it is a universal currency. Let me put this to you: if a population lives in an environment where ingenuity and the mentality that fosters it actually threaten chances of survival, won't these traits rapidly die out?

As with previous threads on racial differences, I think many of the arguments seemed to be skewed by what people want to believe, as opposed to what is factual. All scientific data is open to interpretation to some degree and individuals tend to see what supports their view of the world. This is true of all the different viewpoints.

I find it interesting that 'non-racists' seem to enjoy the moral high-ground they perceive themselves to inhabit. One minute they will proclaim their intellectual superiority with pages and pages of superbly written prose, the next they will stoop to sarcasm, goading and cheap personal insults to support their argument. It's funny to note that once you hit a nerve in some people, no matter how intelligent, an entirely sensible discussion descends into a slanging match!

To me it is no coincidence that 'racism' has become a dirty word since the WWII. The impact of the Nazi attitudes towards race has had repercussions to the effect that now, no one dare mention even glaringly obvious racial differences, to the extent that the cultures and unique beauty of entire peoples are just dismissed. Individuals in the modern western world have been raised to believe in racial homogeneity and automatically chastise anyone who dares to challenge this viewpoint. Insight has become demonised. Despite our claims to an enlightened age, it seems as though we have gone back to the witchhunts of the 17th century!

So scared is society that endorsing the notion of racial differences will lead to a holocaust MKII at some point, that any racial and cultural differences are now just glossed over. It appears to be no coincidence that this is the case following the holocaust, when there are a great number of Jewish people in prominent positions in the western media. If any group of people suffered a great tragedy and had the means to report on it effectively, you would no doubt hear about it often. The implications of such a catastrophe may also change the way people see the world, in an attempt to avoid a repeat of the situation.

I have no criticisms of any race - as a consequence of environment and geographical differences their existence is entirely justifiable. In terms of their achievements, they have survived and that surely is the ultimate purpose of any living thing. What I do think is ill-judged and somewhat idealistic is the idea of a multi-cultural society - the idea that different groups of people will just throw away thousands of years of compounded biological and cultural development to have one big 'party of humankind'. Even though I have been raised to believe this to be a nice idea, reasoning suggests that it just won't happen unless the very differences that make a society multi-cultural in the first place are sacrificed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

An even bigger indicator of a persons capabilities is what nation you are from. For example if you are from say . . . America you are far more likely to be obese, violent, less educated and superstitious/religious than a person from say any of the Scandanavian nations.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Or gender....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

I am 'mixed race' part English part African

'race' as a concept meaning race or people of a same characteristic, blood and so on, is a nazi-minded invention

being a mixture of cultures although i have never been to Africa obviously i am more open to it cause of my 'hereitc' tatus i may be more adventurous. though many whits now embrace Africa style musics...ie Afro-american Hip Hop, Reggae etc

how i see 'whites'...well pre-ELVIS-the -pelvis. weren't you'll told NOt to swivel yer hips lest the very DEVIL would come fo ya????

well Elvis, being himself completely influenced by Afro American music and style changed all that

of course, before you had Jazz and Swing, all Black originated, but it was elvis and the cross-over Rock&roll which turned on many of the white kids, and inclduing middle classians which created PANIc amongst good law abidin citeezens of the all white neighbourhoods of the good ole US of A

So, what i am saying is. Blacks got you your soul back--after it had been suppressed for hundreds of years by puritanical fundamentalism, and mechanistic science

many weren't saved, and still aren't. still as stiff as a board, and No natrual rythym or balance

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

From the standpoint of the genes, your outward appearance does not determine where your genes came from. So called white people may share many of the same genes with black people, even if they are not expressed as the stereotype of dark skin, brown eyes, curly hair, etc. The reverse is true as well. The geographic isolation that caused the races to develop in the first place went out with the first european colonization of Africa, as well as the slave trade.

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

yes, i agree

i think when 'whites' ask "aren't we more evolved?" they mean science. they are thinking to lord it over all the 'low lives' from past ages who they consider 'pre-scientific', and thus inferior

i seriously question their unbelieveably ignorant and arrogant assumption

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2005
  10. J.B Banned Banned

Overwelmingly the most obesed, violent, less educated and superstitious people are the black Africans in the U.S.

Without blacks, America would rid it's self of 60% of ALL violent crime.

11. J.B Banned Banned

Blacks have also lead the way in ALL sexual diseases, rape, murder, child abandament, domestic violence, teen age pregnacy, high school dropouts and have constantly brought down the quality of life in any area they inhabit.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Obesity can be the result of what until recent history has been an evolutionary advantage, the ability to store energy in prosperous times to survive the lean times. That is why Native Americans, Africans, and others tend to gain weight when living on the modern high calorie diet.

As far as the other stuff, J.B., are you really that ignorant? How can you so easily dismiss 400 years of slavery, oppression, poverty and prejudice? The biggest violent criminals in the US are overwhelmingly rich, white, educated, and attend prayer breakfasts at the white house.

13. J.B Banned Banned

In black controled country's the rate of crime is far greater then of blacks living in the U.S.

Obesity is a result of lazyness, something blacks are famous for.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I can easily prove that J.B. assertions are scientifically wrong. Just raise a "black" baby in a "white" family. It happens sometimes, and the black kid walks, talks and acts just like it's parents and peers. The high percentage of blacks in prisons is not due to their genetics, but cultural forces.

15. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Hey, J.B., are you saying that whites are more evolved than blacks or something?

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

I see I see. so this is what you and your like do. you use them for slaves to make you lots of dosh. They in turn ENLIVEN your previously soul-less artless culture, and give you music, and rythym. You hate that. you think they are the devil. you dont want them in your neighbourhoods. you dont want them in your films, ads, etc. you ALIENATe them. make them feel inferior. .........now. you ignore YOUR violence (violence isn't only muggin and shootin, and knifin--not that whites aren't right in the thick of that too--....violence also is exploitation and making others feel like shit. THEN you trun round and scapegoat them.

you are a racist.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

J.B...i hav read the rest of your violent outpourings. i can see you are a waste of time to even waste any effort on. so i will leave you feverishly typing your sad words (probably with a KKK suit hangin nearby?).......i would though like to pick you up by the scruff of your neck. plant you RIGHT in the heart of a place with more black people than white, and see how you got on.......haha...that i would love to see...

maybe i might engage agin. depends my mood. but you are either takin the piss, or are serious. if the latter...it is sadder than sad

18. J.B Banned Banned

FACT #1: The White race has crossed seas, harnessed rivers, carved mountains, tamed deserts, and colonized the most barren icefields. It has been responsible for the invention of the printing press, cement, the harnessing of electricity, flight, rocketry, astronomy, the telescope, space travel, firearms, the transistor, radio, television, the telephone, the lightbulb, photography, motion pictures, the phonograph, the electric battery, the automobile, the steam engine, railroad transportation, the microscope, computers, and millions of other technological miracles. It has discovered countless medical advances, incredible applications, scientific progress, etc. Its members have included such greats as Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Homer, Tacitus, Julius Ceaser, Napoleon, William the Conqueror, Marco Polo, Washington, Jefferson, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Magellan, Columbus, Cabot, Edison, GrahamBell, Pasteur, Leeuwenhoek, Mendel, Darwin, Newton, Galileo, Watt, Ford, Luther, Devinci, Poe, Tennyson, and thousands upon thousands of other notable achievers.

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

....and a narrow-minded racist like you.

20. J.B Banned Banned

Let's see, you make up a false statement about how the White race was a (soul-less and artless culture) before comming in contact with Africans, and I'm the racist?
    A racist is one who make's up false statement of another race.

I have made NO false statements, stop feeling sorry for blacks and deal with reality.

21. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Perhaps you can define white race then, and explain how its more evolved?

22. J.B Banned Banned

Are you asking me or Duendy? I guess it's O.K to say that there is a (White race) as long as your just insulting or blaming Whites for something.
    I don't claim one race is more evolved than any other, I am simply pointing out the many differences.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  23. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

But yoru avoiding the question, what makes the white race that you so cavalierly define?
    Or rather, why bother posting, since you cant say that individual differences are sympotmatic of "race"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.