Which sci-fi series would you like to have a new movie?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Alien Mastermind, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

but did you notice that on a site completely devoted to stargate their was still quite a bit about Farscape

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the info Alien Buddy!!

Can't wait to see what that turns out!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valentino Registered Senior Member

Mostly I've been waiting for a Children of Dune movie,and I just moved back into a house with cable and was so psyched to find out about it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. susfubb Registered Member

Which sci-fi series would you like to see have a new movie?

didja know douglas adams (author of HHGttG) has collaborated on a computer game of that name? (also starship titanic). cuz i am a brand new member & cannot read all past posts, i assume this is WAY old news.. :|.

as for sci-fi NOVELS/series i'd like to see in film, my favorites include"
    1. "dragon's egg" / "starquake" (nothing to do with dragons, but life on the surface of a neutron strar)
    2. camelot 20k (life based on radiation in the oort cloud & novel propulsion systems for solar system travel)
    all by robert l. forward, an *"early pioneer in the field of experimental gravitational radiation astronomy. For his PhD thesis he built and operated the first bar antenna for the detection of gravitational radiation under the direction of Profs. Weber and Zipoy. The antenna is now in the Smithsonian Museum"

*"Forward "taught" science through his novels. His first book, DRAGON'S EGG, expanded upon Frank Drake's idea of tiny fast-living creatures living on the surface of a neutron star. Forward called it, "A textbook on neutron star physics disguised as a novel." The book is often assigned as "extra credit reading" in beginning astronomy courses. The science in his books has often been novel enough that many of his fiction books have been referenced in journal publications as "prior art publications".

ref:*quotes from (sadly) rlf's self-composed obits, as he died of brain cancer sept 2002 at age 70:
    http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=9328

3. asimov's "foundation," series, incorporting new findings in quantum sciences - especially the new "teleportation"!
    http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~qoptics/teleport.html
    http://www.aip.org/physnews/graphics/html/teleport.htm

4. short stories/ novelettes i have read in anthologies like "hugo award winners of 1988" & forgotten the authors. ideas, tho:
    - death pheremones
    - insect-like society that has evolved a super-memory/brain only evoked under stress
    [that story i read was of humans studying one of these, thinking themselves safe from the 'mindless' (human-sized), tunneling critters. the researchers ate the fungus these grew, hitched rides through the tunnels on transporters, until one of their member disappeared. head researcher summoned to a chamber where the missing female human stood before a nasty-looking crab thing, one of whose pincers had been thrust from her neck thru her brain.

[surviving human heard sumpin like: 'every couple millenia, one of the irritants/attackers of our kind shows intelligence beyond the ability of the rank & file members. only then am i awakened from my slumber, which fills me with hopeful anticipation of discovering a species approaching or exceeding our age/ development. i HAVE met a few interesting possibilities, but none have lasted. YOU are a gross disappointment. we've seen thousands of your kind develop & die - NONE are more than a small flash on the scale of our existence
    (now split if you can & don't return)]

5. anne mccaffery's "dragonriders of pern" series! (hopefully strongly R-rated). author's quote concerning TV/film from:
    http://www.annemccaffrey.org/
    "Don't think that the absence of news about bringing Pern to new media means that there is an absence of activity. There's lots going on behind the scenes and we hope that very shortly we'll be able to go public with all this good news. So please stay tuned."

i had better stop now - WAY too long for an intro post already. sorry, but any comments anyone - please? ~jill

8. immane1 Registered Senior Member

Stargate would be ok as long as they killed off McGuy-ver in the first five minutes. What a non-acting douche HE is.
    How about a cool sci-fi series to BEGIN with. We'll worry about a movie later.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The Night's Dawn Trilogy by peter f. hamilton

10. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Exosquad.

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I would like to (but will never happen) see Lexx made into a movie. I guess it's too ecentric to be made into a movie but who cares as long as XEV is in it along with that robot....i love that guys sense of indifference for everything except when it comes to him and the dead guy he is in love with. Also did i mention XEV was hot.

12. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Lexx!

Either that or more Cowboy Bebop.

13. foadi Registered Senior Member

Coyote by Allen Steele would be doable.

Oh, as in TV series? I thought you meant sf magazine series.

Moderator Edit: Your posts were merged. Foadi, your allowed to edit your own posts. You can always ad comments back into your post, instead of posting twice.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2003
  14. Aequo Registered Member

As has been mentioned, I'd have to go with either Asimov's Foundation series or Adams' Hitchhiker's series.

I don't watch a lot of sci-fi, just read it, so I'm lost when it comes to all this Farscape and Stargate stuff.

15. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

Ok then...
    Which sci-fi series OR sci fi novel would you like to have a new movie?