Which Programming Language is the best for you

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Plazma Inferno!, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

If you want to pursue a career as a programmer, but you're a beginner, this site may help you decide which programming language may be the best option for you:
    http://www.bestprogramminglanguagefor.me/

Sylvester likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edont Knoff Registered Senior Member

Eek, I got python! (Actually a java developer here, and quite pleased with java).

But it's a nice idea to have such a test, might help aspiring developers to make a good first choice.

Plazma Inferno! likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I once thought I wanted to be a programmer, but learned that it is a very difficult profession. I did acquire a bit of knowledge about C and C++ along the way.

Sylvester likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Edont Knoff Registered Senior Member

It depends. I'm working as a programmer, and from my point of view, oil painting is way more difficult than writing a program. Actually I'm practising quite some sorts of artistic crafts as balance.

People have different talents. The trick is to find a profession where your talents are helpful.

Having some degree of OCD and autism actually is good for programmers, even that the rest of the world thinks those are ill conditions

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.inc.com/jeff-chu/sap-autism-india.html

Being pedantic, helps too. Guess all three formed the picture of the computer nerds

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I found that the programs grew to a point that it became real hard to debug them. I suppose had I been more knowledgeable in the language, it would have been easier to spot errors. It doesn't take much to trip the compiler--wrong character or something of that nature.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Very useful. I programmed in HP Basic and Fortran back in the 70s and could generate diagnostic routines in machine code for HP2100 mini-computers. Recently I've been thinking of learning a current language for a variety of reasons. The site gave me some excellent insight into what I should go for. Thanks.

10. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Like Ophilolite, I first used Fortran, then later basic, but neither is as "structured" as some that were comming into fashion three decades ago. I think one of the first structued programs was called PL1, but I never learned it.

Well define structure is very useful for large programs as they can be broken into many sub programs (as could Fortran) but with every thing fully declared, many different people can do the different parts.