which came first,Beer or bread?

Discussion in 'History' started by mars13, Nov 9, 2005.

1. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

i say beer,you can eat a steak without bread,but you cant eat a steak without beer.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

By the way...
    I don't like beer and can't have steak without bread.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

actualy there is a huge scientific debate over whether or not man started farming for beer or for bread. and since fruits and vegitables and meat were readily availible for eating,bread would not have been nessasry for food until AFTER people had started eating it on a regular basis.

beer however,would be hard to make without large staples of grains,and the only way to achieve that would be to grow your own grains.foraging for grain is near impossible,growing it would be the only viable option.

8. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Just because bread was not necessary, does not mean that people were not making it.
    Bread is still not necessary (neither is beer).
    Maybe I am missing the point.

9. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

bread was not nesessary for food,niether was beer.but beer is a drug and people like drugs,they like getting fucked up and doing some fucked up shit.

bread would have been hard as a rock,not very filling,near impossible to make,and pointless when so much other food was available.

no one would wants a piece of rock hard moldy bread over alchol,its just not going to happen.

trees are ripe with fruit and nuts,animals for meat were very aboundant,there was no need or want for bread,but there was always a WANT for beer[after the first few people got drunk].

beer has been a staple in almost every society for 10,000 years .
    there are tons of civilizations that have alchol but have never had bread.

most of the hunter/gatherer tribes that are left have alchol but not bread.this is why i think beer started farmin,not bread.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Beer definitely.

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Beer came first. Some caveman pissed in another caveman's mouth who was dying of thirst and the dehydrated caveman grunted, "Mmm, dis tastes goot!". Lo and behold, the birth of beer.

That same taste continues to this day..

Blech.

- N

12. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

your thinking of piss flavored american crystal lagers.they ALL suck.

there are hundreds of GOOD beer styles.

try a german dunkle weissbeir,and make sure you pour it in a glass,bottles are for babies.
    or any ale for that matter.

13. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Not accoring to the links I posted.
    Did you read them?

14. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

I don't get your point.
    None of this says that beer came first.

15. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

bread was neither a need or a want 10,000 years ago.beer was a want and we all know people usualy get what they want.

also,beer was invented in iraq[babylon,mesipotamia] in about 8000bc.the egyptians had multiple types of beer,most arab nations had alchol until muhamed fucked it up fro all the towlies.

also,beer is easier to make from scratch then bread.bread requires some from of mill to grind the grains,beer is just fermented wort,which is just boiled grains.

and wikipedia is not 100% accurate when it comes to ''facts''.
    they are more of a base refence then a detailed account.

16. Roman Banned Banned

And this juvenile communique is a 100% accurate, detailed account? You can't even spell Mesopotamia. Why should we believe you?

17. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

im sorry im not infalible like you,one miss spelled word and my entire message is negated.

thank you for correcting me, maybe someday i can be a perfect ass fuck like you, dip shit.

if you would like i can point every single one of your grammtical errors for you.

you made sevral in your last post.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

also,im studing to brew beer and i have baked bread before,i have a little more experince with the two then some 12 year old numb skull.

18. Roman Banned Banned

Then why do you type like one? I have a hard time believing someone without credibility.

19. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

spelling ability equals credibilty? your world must suck to live in.

because if you think someones view should be discreditied because of something as arbitrary as minor letter orginization your an idiot.

why not pick something even more obscure then a few typos?

like skin color,or sex? or maybe grammer? because that would negate ALL of your poorly worded views.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  20. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

I couldn't agree with Roman more; correct usage of language is always a sign of credibility. Every day I witness how incredibly vapid the uber-management of the company I work for is simply by perusing the grammar, syntax and spelling errors to be found in their memos. The world that sucks is one where effective communication is hamstrung by laziness.

Anyways, back to the topic, the more interesting question is: is it possible to find a decent beer in America?

21. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

yes,try an american ale. sam adams makes a great ale.or try their summer brew.

22. Roman Banned Banned

There are some fine microbreweries on the West coast. Northern California, Oregon and Washington all offer some pretty decent stuff.

23. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

most people dont know the diffrence between a lager and an ale.

lagers suck mega balls,ales are the spice of life.

ales are sweet and refreshing,lagers taste like cat pee.